2017-02-06 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: cGoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157

Date: 2017-02-06
Time: 4:30 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
Woody Beeler x Lorraine Constable x Grahame Grieve David Hay
x Dave Shaver Ewout Kramer Cecil Lynch (ArB) x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG)
x Wayne Kubick x Calvin Beebe .
observers/guests
x Anne W., scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 2017-01-16_FGB_WGM_Agenda
  • Action Item review:
    • Come up with set of goals that we can assess FGB progress against
    • Lorraine to share suggestion of developing technical advisory board with TSC executive call
  • Discussion Topics
    • Periodic Review of Role of HL7 Governance Committees
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.

Minutes

  • Agenda Review
    • No additions
  • Approve minutes of 2017-01-16_FGB_WGM_Agenda
    • MOTION to approve: Calvin/Lorraine
    • VOTE: All in favor
  • Action Item review:
    • Come up with set of goals that we can assess FGB progress against
      • Calvin: We could count number of precepts we come up with.
      • Lorraine: We should determine our goals, one of which is precepts. Also need to determine where we are in relation to SGB.
      • Dave: Should also hold the appropriate frequency of calls with quorum
      • Wayne: This was envisioned as a temporary governance board; what will it take for us to feel comfortable rolling into SGB? What steps do we need to take to get there?
      • Lorraine: When we reviewed the article in San Antonio, we discussed comparing our goals with what Grahame is doing.
      • Lorraine: One way to proceed is to look at what our list of responsibilities are, compare with what has been taken by the FHIR product manager role, and whatever is still outstanding could be handled by SGB.
      • Dave: We can reach out to Grahame on the goals mission and charter and his thoughts on what product director does, as well as look at frequency of calls. Then we can look at responsibilities distribution.
    • Lorraine to share suggestion of developing technical advisory board with TSC executive call
      • Lorraine did so. Wayne wasn't sure why we would want a technical advisory board. Ken felt that the outside direction check and balance comes from the executive committee and the board. Decision to talk to Grahame and the EC separately. Grahame joins. Discussion over the purpose of advisory council. Topic was beyond FHIR, it was for all products. May be something missing as we coordinate argonaut, payers, clinicians. Lorraine: One of the stated benefits was making sure we aren't going just where we look - to develop a wider picture. Wayne: Two key points was starting and never ending things and steering where you look.
      • On topic of where FGB is going to go - Dave relates to Grahame that we're going to review goals, M&C, precepts, and how many FGB responsibilities are subsumed by product director. Could add advisory board consideration to that activity. Grahame states that SGB is a problematic construct because it's not helpful to implementers. Becomes generalist standards governance that can easily become not intimately acquainted with real life issues. Re: product director, the product director can't have product authority - no governance over the standard per se, other than by having influence in the community. Some potential tension between those two things. Not much that the FGB does that can go directly to the product director. Of the things FGB does, perhaps managing external relationships has gone to EC and product director. Who is it that decides the precepts of FHIR by which change proposals are measured? Not sure where that sits. As for an advisory group, there is a definite need for systematic external input around strategy and direction. Perhaps that is EC/product director related as well.
      • Dave summarizes that outside input is critical to maintaining objective views, whether it's from an advisory board or elsewhere; need a system to make sure we gain that outsider input, and 2) not in favor of SGB subsuming FGB responsibilities. Wayne agrees that perhaps right now is not the time, but we need to think it through as SGB evolves.
        • ACTION: Anne to add advisory board issue back to TSC exec call this Friday and next
  • Discussion Topics
    • Periodic Review of Role of HL7 Governance Committees
  • FMG update -
    • FMG is slated to go through any ballot related tracker items that are still without resolutions. Two weeks before substantive freeze, three weeks before final freeze. Should be okay to publish be scheduled time. Discussion over resolution statuses/deferring and rules in GOM. Confusion over marking items persuasive with mod or not persuasive with mod for this publication. Lloyd: If you add with mod, then it appears that you're going to change something for this release. If you're not updating it in this release you mark it as not persuasive and deferred. Some feel this isn't what not persuasive means in terms of the essential requirements/GOM. Lorraine: How do we deal with the communication/clarification/confusion?
      • ACTION: Anne to add to SGB agenda
      • ACTION: Dave to send out notes
  • Publishing
    • Publishing in process
  • Frequency of Calls
    • Call on 20th will be cancelled. Replace that call with the 13th.
      • ACTION: Anne to send out update.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2017 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserv

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.