20161214 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2016-12-14
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
x Wayne Kubick, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke Regrets Brian Pech
x Grahame Grieve x Richard Ettema, Ron Shapiro, Christol Green, Eric Haas

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20161207_FMG_concall
  • Action items
    • Lloyd to begin draft of PSS regarding the proposed new balloting process
    • Lloyd to get M&M to add policy that requires review and acceptance of extensions as sound and safe by the responsible WG for both core and US realm IG extensions into quality criteria for IGs
    • Brian Post to reach out to Resource Subscription track to see if endpoint is being covered and make sure that the resources task is being created and dealt with appropriately. Also will ask them to complete the scenarios.
    • David will draft notice to promote people staying on after Connectathon to participate more deeply
    • Anne to add to TSC schedule - Implementation Guide Ballot Resolution
    • Stale Items:
      • Grahame to address FHIR tests servers stale items
      • David to talk to Devices
      • John will reach out to Imaging and CBCC
      • Hans or Paul to reach out to US Realm
      • Lloyd to reach out to Brett re: Argonaut
      • Lloyd will reach out to GAO and QI Core
      • Brian Pech/Hans to reach out to US Lab/OO
  • Discussion Topics:
    • When IG is approved for publishing, we need to agree on canonical URL
    • Need to look at progress WGs are making in terms of filling out the spreadsheet describing where they're at with FMM levels
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call
    • Guests: Richard Ettema, Christol Green, Eric Haas, and Ron Shapiro
  • Agenda Check
    • MOTION to approve: Josh/Brian Post
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Minutes from 20161207_FMG_concall
    • MOTION to approve: John/Hans
    • VOTE: Josh and Hans abstain. Remaining in favor
  • Action items
    • Lloyd to begin draft of PSS regarding the proposed new balloting process
      • Add for next week
    • Lloyd to get M&M to add policy that requires review and acceptance of extensions as sound and safe by the responsible WG for both core and US realm IG extensions into quality criteria for IGs
      • Add for next
    • Brian Post to reach out to Resource Subscription track to see if endpoint is being covered and make sure that the resources task is being created and dealt with appropriately. Also will ask them to complete the scenarios.
      • Task has been created but there hasn't been any actual testing.
    • David will draft notice to promote people staying on after Connectathon to participate more deeply
      • Complete
    • Anne to add to TSC schedule - Implementation Guide Ballot Resolution
      • Add for next week
    • Stale Items:
      • Grahame to address FHIR tests servers stale items
        • Complete
      • David to talk to Devices
        • Complete
      • John will reach out to Imaging and CBCC
        • Complete
      • Hans or Paul to reach out to US Realm
        • Leave for next week. What is being considered stale? Answer: 90 days
      • Lloyd to reach out to Brett re: Argonaut
        • Complete
      • Lloyd will reach out to GAO and QI Core
        • Leave for next week
      • Brian Pech/Hans to reach out to US Lab/OO
        • Leave for next week
  • Discussion Topics:
    • When IG is approved for publishing, we need to agree on canonical URL
      • From Grahame: Standard FHIR Publishing Layout Pattern
        • Reviewed Grahame's proposal.
        • Josh asks how you decide whether it's part of the root. It lives inside FHIR unless there's an exception for fhirpath. Discussion over how it will work for affiliates and if they're aware of the process. Does an affiliate need to get permission to publish an IG? If it's published on hl7.org/fhir, yes.
    • Need to look at progress WGs are making in terms of filling out the spreadsheet describing where they're at with FMM levels
      • Reviewed current spreadsheet. Need WGs to update some parts. Discussion over timing for completion. Liaisons should reach out to the groups as well as mentioning at the WGM.
        • ACTION: Liaisons to reach out to their groups to remind them to update
        • ACTION: David will ensure all existing resources are reflected on the spreadsheet
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • David drafted note to encourage people to stay on after the event.
      • Question from HQ
      • Anne references the email from Ron regarding patient track and request for breakout rooms. One breakout room is available. Ron states that the email is even more important to get more participation. David states that they could add to his email; or they could draft something to have HQ send out. Anne asks about the tutorials - are these separate from the ones we currently offer, and are they free? David states they'd be unofficial tutorials, a sit-down with a group to do a training session. Perhaps use a different name than tutorial since this is a "lite" version.
        • ACTION: Ron will send David a few sentences for his email
        • ACTION: Ron will send Mary Ann the text for the attendee email
      • Josh wonders how broadly we want to encourage people to stay for the whole week. Can be a struggle. Getting them to stay on Sunday makes sense, however. David wonders if we encourage people in context of the tutorials rather than the WG meetings.
        • ACTION: David will do another edit of the email and circulate.
    • FGB
      • Didn't meet
    • MnM –
      • Nothing to report
    • FMG Liaisons
      • Tasks listed above in actions
  • Lloyd notes that we haven't addressed validation rules. Need to figure out if we're going to handle before we publish. Would trigger issues to some WGs and would punt them down to FMM 0 if they don't fix them. We need to figure out if this is something we want to do it, and if we do want to do it, it should happen before the WGM. Ramifications are that there are some things that are currently treated as information messages that ideally should not exist in things that are FMM level 1. We could change all the things that are broken to 0 until they're fixed. Discussion over the value of doing it now vs. later. Agreement that this needs to be done before January. Discussion over what the task entails and who might complete it.
    • ACTION: Grahame/Josh to update the code in the publication tooling to treat issues identified during the publication process as either information or warnings as was decided by FMG in our review process.
    • ACTION: Lloyd will create an associated gforge item with a link to the spreadsheet.
  • Reviewed stale items spreadsheet.
    • 120 items have come off of the triaged list and 10 off the unapplied list. 690 items still open. Need to get triaged and waiting for input down to zero. Resolved-unapplied should also go to zero. Every item must have WG vote and disposition. David asks if the columns are explained somewhere.
    • Reviewed the groups with items in red.
      • ACTION: David will suggest some words to add to the summary spreadsheet to explain the columns.
      • ACTION: Make stale item sheet review a standing item
  • Adjourned at 5:25 pm Eastern


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20161221 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.