20161102 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2016-11-02
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. Wayne Kubick, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
Hans Buitendijk Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Grahame Grieve x Richard Ettema. Christol Green, Eric Haas

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20161026 FMG_concall
  • Administrative
  • Action items
    • Brian Pech to take comments re: US extensions review process back to US Realm
    • Lloyd to begin draft of PSS regarding the proposed new balloting process
    • Brian/Paul to define standard approach for modules
    • Lloyd to get M&M to add policy that requires review and acceptance of extensions as sound and safe by the responsible WG for both core and US realm IG extensions into quality criteria for IGs
  • Discussion Topics
    • Reconciliation update
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Agenda Check
    • Brian Pech adds Connectathon proposal
    • MOTION to approve: David/Brian Pech
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Minutes from 20161026 FMG_concall
    • MOTION to approve: Paul/John
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Administrative
  • Action items
    • Brian Pech to take comments re: US extensions review process back to US Realm
      • Complete. Brett Marquard joins. Updated process diagram is displayed. Lloyd states that the remaining question is the order of the WG resource owner approval vs. US realm approval. If one is more likely to drive substantive change, that one should come first in the process. Lloyd wants to highlight that it's not just an agreement on whether it's US Realm, but also if the work is a good idea. Discussion over whether or not an additional step should be added. Decision to leave as is.
        • MOTION to approve: Grahame/John
        • VOTE: all in favor
    • Lloyd to begin draft of PSS regarding the proposed new balloting process
      • Add for next week
    • Brian/Paul to define standard approach for modules
      • Add for next week
    • Lloyd to get M&M to add policy that requires review and acceptance of extensions as sound and safe by the responsible WG for both core and US realm IG extensions into quality criteria for IGs
      • Add for next week
  • Discussion Topics
    • Proposal for Connectathon regarding unscheduled/emergency care
      • Group reviews proposal. Need to gauge interest in the topic.
        • ACTION: Brian will relay that they should submit proposal on wiki, then we can gather info on interest.
  • Timeline for publication
    • FM can't hit the current target. FHIR-I has quite a bit of stuff to work through and much to apply. There are 1150-ish items that have not been resolved, and another 770-ish items resolved but not applied with 3 weeks until substantive freeze and one month until final freeze. Will still have to freeze on those dates but unfreeze once the ballot is open and let people continue to apply changes in prep for publication of release 3. Discussion over release 1.8 and if it will be retained. Grahame: Need policy that we don't support interim versions after the Connectathon closes that they're published for. Grahame will remove all but the published DSTU from search. Paul: We should support adding a notation to it stating it's a short term version for the purposes of Connectathon. Lloyd: We should maintain things so long as someone makes it worth our while.
    • Publication was originally stated for December; to delay it would mean February/March. Implementers will have a close-to-final version with the Connectathon release but not a final version until the end of February. Discussion over developing a list of critical resources for December.
    • Discussion over freeze date. Proposal: Substantive freeze on February 5th; freeze on February 12th; QA through the 26th; publish March 1. Paul states February 5th is too soon since it essentially gives one week of meetings after the WGM. John notes that IHE has their face to face meeting in Naples. Decision to table it for the time being; Grahame will consult his schedule and make a decision as product director.
      • ACTION: Grahame to send email to FHIR list to gather info with final decision next week
  • Adjourned at 5:31 pm Eastern


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20161109 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.