20161019 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2016-10-19
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. Wayne Kubick, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
Regrets Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Grahame Grieve x Richard Ettema, Christol Green

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20161012_FMG_concall
  • Action items
    • Brian Pech to forward FMG comments regarding proposed extension review process to US Realm
    • Grahame to follow up with international community for consideration around an affiliate publishing a profile that represents misunderstanding of the underlying international artifacts and what kind of policies we should consider in order to try to avoid quality problems without creating process problems.
    • Lloyd to begin draft of PSS regarding the proposed new balloting process
    • David/Richard to draft reminder to implementers to provide a conformance statement/promote at the next Connectathon
    • Brian/Paul to put together a dummy HTML page as templates for table styles
    • David to contact WG to clarify realm on InfoButton on FHIR project
    • Lloyd to get M&M to add policy that requires review and acceptance of extensions as sound and safe by the responsible WG for both core and US realm IG extensions into quality criteria for IGs
  • Review/Approval Items
    • Occupational Data for Health (ODH) Elements and Structure in HL7 V2 Messaging and FHIR
    • FHIR for Device Data Reporting
  • Discussion Topics
    • Continued discussion over additional expections regarding criteria for normative
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • Look at roles for Ron and Russ
    • FGB
    • MnM –
    • FMG Liaisons
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Agenda Check
    • PA has an addition to the agenda
    • MOTION to approve: David/Brian Pech
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Minutes from 20161012_FMG_concall
    • MOTION to approve: Brian Post/John
    • VOTE: Josh abstains. Remaining in favor.
  • Action items
    • Brian Pech to forward FMG comments regarding proposed extension review process to US Realm
      • Add for next week
    • Grahame to follow up with international community for consideration around an affiliate publishing a profile that represents misunderstanding of the underlying international artifacts and what kind of policies we should consider in order to try to avoid quality problems without creating process problems.
      • Add for next week
    • Lloyd to begin draft of PSS regarding the proposed new balloting process
      • Add for next week
    • David/Richard to draft reminder to implementers to provide a conformance statement/promote at the next Connectathon
      • Complete
    • Brian/Paul to define standard approach for modules
      • Add for next week
    • David to contact WG to clarify realm on InfoButton on FHIR project
      • Add for next week
    • Lloyd to get M&M to add policy that requires review and acceptance of extensions as sound and safe by the responsible WG for both core and US realm IG extensions into quality criteria for IGs
      • Add for next week
  • Review/Approval Items
    • Occupational Data for Health (ODH) Elements and Structure in HL7 V2 Messaging and FHIR
      • Discussion over deadline dates. STU deadlines should be TBD.
      • MOTION to approve: Brian Post/David
      • VOTE: all in favor
    • FHIR for Device Data Reporting
      • Grahame not aware of his role as modeling facilitator. Should probably be Eric Haas, if he agrees.
      • ACTION: Grahame will find alternate modeling facilitator.
      • MOTION to approve: David/Grahame
    • Pharmacy Profiles
      • Looks the same as the PSS reviewed last week. This second PSS seems unnecessary.
      • MOTION to approve: David/Brian Post
      • VOTE: all in favor
  • Discussion Topics
    • PA issue from Brian Post: Doing some updates to a resource. Also working on proposal to change a value set and having harmonization issues. May not be applicable for harmonization. Lloyd: Right now, no FHIR terminologies are subject to harmonization. Not supposed to have FHIR terminologies except where we have structural or fixed bindings to code elements, and those are also not subject to harmonization. Brian Post: It's a special value set because of its importance in patient identification. Grahame: We should say that it's not that these are exempt from harmonization, but these are managed by ballot and harmonization process doesn't include things managed by ballot.
    • Continued discussion over additional expectations regarding criteria for normative
      • FMG wants the ability to review the implementations to make sure they are sufficiently diverse before we would consider locking things down in normative is where the conversation ended last time. Josh asks if it's unreasonable for WGs to have to approve transition to normative? So you'd have to meet FMM 5, and the WG and FMG would have to agree that it's ready to lock down. (And it would of course have to pass normative ballot.) If it doesn't pass we can make changes and go back to ballot again, or leave it at STU if the feeling of the ballot community is that it's not ready yet. Lloyd adds to maturity model page.
      • MOTION to approve amended maturity model: Brian Post/Josh
      • VOTE: all in favor
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • Look at roles for Corey (not Ron) and Russ
        • Grahame suspects we'll have track proposals that have overlap, so we'll be able to find roles based on what comes in.
        • Defer further work on these until proposals come in
        • ACTION: Brian/David to send out request for Connectathon track proposals with a due date of 11/2
        • ACTION: Richard will create landing page for the proposal submissions
    • FGB
      • Didn't meet this week
    • MnM –
      • Making good progress on ballot reconciliation
    • FMG Liaisons
      • no report
    • Ballot reconciliation summary
      • Lloyd displays report on where we're at. Will email out. FMG, FM, Patient Care, InM are pretty high. FHIR-I just completed a large chunk. FM will likely punt a bunch of stuff to next release. A large number are resolved but unapplied.
        • ACTION: Lloyd to send out reports by email
  • Adjourned at 5:07 pm Eastern
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20161026 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.