20160918 FMG FGB WGM

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FGB/FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: Baltimore

Date: 2016-09-18
Time: 12:30 PM U.S. Eastern
Note taker(s): Anne
Quorum yes
FGB Co-Chair/CTO Members
George (Woody) Beeler x Lorraine Constable x Grahame Grieve x David Hay
Regrets Dave Shaver x Ewout Kramer x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG) Calvin Beebe
Wayne Kubick
Members Members FMG Members Observers/Guests
Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp
x Josh Mandel Regrets John Moehrke x Brian Pech x Mary Kay McDaniel
observers/guests

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Review
  • Discussion Topics:
    • Report on ballot
    • Plans and priorities for the week
    • Future ballot plans (Mixed normative balloting)

Minutes/Conclusions Reached

  • Roll Call
    • No visitors
  • Agenda Review
    • tomorrow Q0 is FGB/SGB
    • next WGM we’ll still stick with Monday for Q0 but it will be FMG instead of FGB; FGB will take lunch on Monday.
  • Discussion Topics:
    • Report on ballot
      • a little over 700 comments. Don’t have final tallies for the IGs, but likely around 700 as well. Impression is that most of the feedback is not earth shattering. Discussion over whether we’ll be using spreadsheets again for another ballot – Grahame says no. Discussion will have to happen at TSC and elsewhere. We need 24 withdrawals to pass.
      • Grahame states he’s not clear that we’re required to do ballot; ANSI rules are being examined. Clear drift on ballot feedback from infrastructure to domain content. Scope of HL7 work in FHIR being tested. Other parties on the fringe will be asked or will talk about integrating their content models into FHIR so there is seamless interoperability from the fringe and beyond (chemistry, for example). Question if HL7 has a published scope. Mary Kay states that there was one published for scope in the US and will look for it – thinks it’s from 12 years ago or so.
      • We’ll start talking about ballot reconciliation on Thursday. What is our preferred timeline? If we’re going to publish by end of year, we need final content in by the end of the first week of December. Lorraine notes that date overlaps with ballot content deadline. Material going to December ballot will be due sooner. Final freeze will tentatively be the first week of December. Lorraine: If people are balloting IGs, will they be balloted again what was frozen for the ballot, or against the updated content to be published? Lloyd: Preference would be to push to May. After further discussion – substantive frozen on 11/27, QA starts 12/4. Paul: So if people can’t get their content in by the 4th, then they would need to stand anything down from DSTU to draft? Lloyd: It depends what it is. Reconciliation package should go out on the 4th as well.
      • Next publication date would be 2018. Earliest ballot would be September, possibly January.
      • WGs need to make sure they’re up to date with all tracker items, not just ballot items. Lloyd will be reminding everyone regarding keeping up with gforge trackers. Lorraine notes we should send the tracker to Andy for the tooling list.
    • Next Connectathon
      • Currently there is room for 72. Lillian is investigating finding other space.
      • There will be a contest where you post a video to YouTube with a quick start tutorial on how to get started with FHIR to be judged by Ed. Winner will get comped to the next HL7 meeting (including Connectathon).
      • IT issues with webinar at Connectathon. In general folks focused on solutions rather than infrastructure. Fewer live demos and more powerpoints – would be nice to have a few more demos. Paul suggests coordinating with AID to promote Connectathon demos at their meeting. Would push the Connectathon into being a two day event rather than 1.5.
    • Future ballot plans (Mixed normative balloting)
      • leaning towards two parallel ballots which has its own issues. Would make things easy from an HL7 process perspective. V3 ballot has mixed content all the time. Single spec would be published; Lorraine notes that is also the same as V3.
  • Adjourned at 1:40 PM Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items



Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2016 Health Level Seven® Internation

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.