20160829 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157

Date: 2016-08-22
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
Woody Beeler Regrets Lorraine Constable x Grahame Grieve David Hay
Chair Dave Shaver x Ewout Kramer Cecil Lynch (ArB) Lloyd McKenzie (FMG)
x Wayne Kubick x Calvin Beebe .
observers/guests
x Anne W., scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20160822 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • Wayne to look into reclaiming Github account name -- follow up from in active accounts in 2013?
    • Further discussion/update re: affiliate-related development
    • Wayne and Lorraine to present overall Github maintenance policies to EST on 2016-09-06
  • Discussion topics
    • WGM prep
      • FGB will be Q0 on Monday
      • Item from PIC: Are there any measures we want to track on WGH re: how well groups are interacting with FHIR?
      • FHIR Registry project update
    • Progress on IG publishing policy
    • Item from PIC: Are there any measures we want to track on WGH re: how well groups are interacting with FHIR?
    • FHIR Registry project update
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
    • Last week:
      • ACTION: This document should go to SGB for review.
      • ACTION: Schedule a joint session with SGB - perhaps a portion of Monday Q0. Calvin to take back to SGB this Wednesday.
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
  • No meeting on Labor Day (2016-09-05) or the Monday before the WGM (2016-09-12)

Minutes

  • Approve minutes of 20160822 FGB concall
    • MOTION to approve: Calvin/Wayne
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Action Item review:
    • Wayne to look into reclaiming Github account name -- follow up from in active accounts in 2013?
      • Resolved. Grahame took over the account from the group that had ownership.
    • Further discussion/update re: affiliate-related development
      • Wayne is going to cover that at the WGM with the affiliate council
    • Wayne and Lorraine to present overall Github maintenance policies to EST on 2016-09-06
  • Discussion topics
    • WGM prep
      • FGB will be Q0 on Monday
        • Grahame: The consequence of the way the maturity model works is that the next ballot for FHIR will nominally include some normative ballot material. Lots of other things will still be advancing towards level four or five; others will be at zero or one. We will have a mixed ballot with some normative content or content that we're treating as normative. Have some research to do with ANSI but we need to talk about some of the implications in Baltimore. Topic was introduced to TSC today. V3 ballots in different parts and piece at different levels giving precedent to do it. There are a number of challenges to resolve. Wayne: could we treat these separately but also have a consolidated view? Grahame: not possible to put in separate packages, but we could index content. Wayne: you could ballot the index that links back to the spec directly.
        • Other items for agenda:
          • Custom resources
          • Overlaps between FHIR project and other product lines (C-CDA on FHIR IG, CDA logical model, V2 logical model and mapping work) - need governance over material that appears to be shared between product lines
          • SGB will visit Monday morning
          • Dave gives regrets for Monday FGB Q0 meeting
    • Wayne: Reminds group that Sharon should be updated on certification issues. Questions should be moved into education-controlled environment; issue with hosting things on SurveyMonkey. Grahame notes that Education will host the content where they want to when it is handed over to them. Wayne notes another issue of people maintaining their certification and we should keep Sharon in the loop. Grahame notes he pushed some things forward that were languishing.
  • Adjourned at 4:32 pm Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.