20160822 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157

Date: 2016-08-22
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
Woody Beeler x Lorraine Constable x Grahame Grieve David Hay
Regrets Dave Shaver x Ewout Kramer x Cecil Lynch (ArB) x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG)
x Wayne Kubick x Calvin Beebe .
observers/guests
x Anne W., scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20160815 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • Wayne to look into reclaiming Github account name
    • Wayne will talk to Karen about getting on affiliate council agenda to discuss affiliate-related development
    • Wayne and Lorraine to present overall topic of Github maintenance policies to EST
  • Discussion topics
    • WGM prep
    • Progress on IG publishing policy
    • Item from PIC: Are there any measures we want to track on WGH re: how well groups are interacting with FHIR?
    • FHIR Registry project update
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.

Minutes

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20160815 FGB concall
    • Made adjustment to minutes
    • MOTION to approve: Grahame/Wayne
    • VOTE: Calvin abstains. Remaining in favor.
  • Action Item review:
    • Wayne to look into reclaiming Github account name
      • Wayne found some accounts that have been inactive since 2013; he has reached out to Josh to see whether or not they can be transferred. Followup next week.
    • Wayne will talk to Karen about getting on affiliate council agenda to discuss affiliate-related development
      • Wayne has time on the agenda - what is the message? Grahame: Consistent governance over affiliate-published standards and implementation guides. Wayne: So we're getting agreement that they would support voluntary common governance principles? Grahame: Yes. We're not imposing process. ***Ewout: More and more affiliates are starting to use a common tool from my company - how can we help? Grahame refers to last week's minutes for the list of desired outcomes under the affiliate-related development bullet.
    • Wayne and Lorraine to present overall topic of Github maintenance policies to EST
      • Will talk to EST on 2016-09-06
  • Discussion topics
    • WGM prep
      • FGB will be Q0 on Monday.
      • Grahame will consider topics.
    • Item from PIC: Are there any measures we want to track on WGH re: how well groups are interacting with FHIR?
      • Lorraine notes that we track WGs that are balloting FHIR. Discussion over participation in review process. May make sense to add how well they're doing with tracker items - percentage of tracker items that have gone stale, perhaps. Lorraine: We typically define the metric, socialize it for a cycle or two, and then make it an actual WGH measure. Discussion over thresholds. Lloyd: Are your artifacts progressing FMM levels could be another one to look at for the future.
    • FHIR Registry project update
      • Wayne hasn't got an update yet. Leave on agenda for next week. Project plan is due the first week of September.
  • FMG update -
    • FMG met last week. Discussed Zulip issues, final ballot approval process, Github, Connectathon process. Zulip wasn't processing messages due to CPU issues after an update occurred. Rolled back and changed CPU environment. Discussion over whether or not it was actually rolled back.
  • Methodology update-
    • None today.
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
    • Grahame reviewed documents Anne sent out. Lorraine asks if they were more general than just FHIR. Need to work over points 5 and 6, and 7 seems more ambitious. 8 could be removed. 5 doesn't seem like a governance principle as it is expressed - same with 6. Base question remains if these are specific to FHIR or more general standards development? Wayne: Is there a comparable document for the other standards? FHIR-specific content starts at #9, which pre-dates FHIR-I. Discussion over striking #11.
      • ACTION: This document should go to SGB for review.
      • ACTION: Schedule a joint session with SGB - perhaps a portion of Monday Q0. Calvin to take back to SGB this Wednesday.
  • Lorraine out next Monday. No meeting on Labor Day (2016-09-05) or the Monday before the WGM (2016-09-12)
  • Adjourned at 4:58 pm Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.