20160817 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2016-08-17
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. Wayne Kubick, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Grahame Grieve .

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20160803_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Lloyd to update explanation on how to read the reports spreadsheet and see if he can get the emails to work properly; then send an email to the co-chairs to review/address the stale column
      • Brian Post to fill in scenarios on Provider Directories and Scheduling
      • Grahame/Lloyd to add an intro to ballot page with text describing MedicationOrder changes
  • Discussion Topics/Outstanding Issues
    • Final ballot approval process
    • DAF links/restoration of missing profile
    • Github publication of IGs
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Agenda Check
    • Grahame: Add zulip. People say it's not working.
    • MOTION to accept agenda: Lloyd/John
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Minutes from 20160803_FMG_concall
    • MOTION to accept: Lloyd/John
    • VOTE: Hans abstains. Remaining in favor.
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Lloyd to update explanation on how to read the reports spreadsheet and see if he can get the emails to work properly; then send an email to the co-chairs to review/address the stale column
        • Leave for next week
      • Brian Post to fill in scenarios on Provider Directories and Scheduling
        • Leave for next week
      • Grahame/Lloyd to add an intro to ballot page with text describing WorkFlow changes
        • Complete
  • Discussion Topics/Outstanding Issues
    • Final ballot approval process
      • Grahame: There were issues and confusion around the process for ballot sign-off this time between board level, staff, and Grahame. Need to write formal review period into our process.
      • Lloyd: We had a challenge around IGs in terms of review of content while it was in development. Is the purpose to check the migration of the content to the final site, or is it similar to the QA process? Grahame: It's more of a no-mistakes check from HQ.
      • Lloyd: So FMG's level of responsibility for IGs is in theory declining with the new publication process. Committees will be able to publish an IG in ballot without FHIR going to ballot at all. It's not clear whether FMG approval is necessary for them to go forward or not. We should write up an IG approval process. Paul: The owner of the process should be Publishing. Grahame: All of it? Or just the publishing part? We're talking about the overall editorial process - creation and approval. It was the step leading to publishing that was the issue.
      • Paul: Was the content not there, or did nobody check to see that the content wasn't there? Grahame: The content hadn't been published because we hadn't actually gotten to it. The problem was that, other than the delay, we have to get to it earlier so we can sync with Lynn's email. Earlier processes hadn't been followed. David: Didn't Lloyd send out a detailed timeline to all the committees? Grahame: That email caused other confusion. We're going to extend the V3 publishing process to mention FHIR as well. But the email didn't mention WG/committee signoff on content.
      • Discussion over V2/V3 publishing calendar. Lloyd: Submission dates on the publishing calendar have never applied to FHIR; we've negotiated our own. Grahame; The problem here is not publishing per se, although we could add our deadlines to the calendar. Brian Pech: That would alleviate a lot of the confusion. Grahame: that wouldn't help the ballot approval process issue, so we need to outline the process. Need to coordinate with publishing and add our dates to the publishing calendar.
        • ACTION: Brian Pech to draft ballot approval process
    • DAF Links/Restoration of missing profile
      • DAF content didn't build correctly and no DAF editors were available. Editors found problems; Grahame restored extra file, cleaned up the conflict between the commits. Then a CBCC member discovered a missing profile that had been removed in May when Grahame removed all of the IGs in the ballot. Also restored to the ballot specific IGs as they came up for discussion. No one looked at the content or brought it up in discussion so it was never restored. Grahame had thought the Consent resource was a replacement. Grahame posted a note to the Consent resource indicating that the committee is still comparing the Consent resource and the PCD with a link to the most recently published version of the PCD (May). Issue is resolved at the moment.
    • Github publication of IGs
      • Grahame reports that we are still getting a process together to publish the IGs. They all have a build file and we could move them now. We now have enough Git support to move. Still questions over governance - discussion is now between TSC, EST, and FGB so we will wait until those discussions are finished. The publication question is how do we ensure that the output from the build is visible to anybody? David: To summarize, there are technical issues that still need to be resolved while governance issues are being worked through by the other groups.
        • ACTION: Add update to next week's agenda
    • Zulip:
      • Zulip is a disaster at the moment - it hasn't really worked since the upgrade. It is functionally not performing. Can it go back to the previous version? Josh says we can try that. Josh states we're reaching CPU limitations on the machine. Josh will look into the problems. Paul: we should look into whether or not it's a client side issue or a server issue.
        • ACTION: Josh to update on Zulip issues if necessary
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • Lillian has said that there are about 55 registered and 2 observers as of yesterday. The site is not yet complete. David did update the tracking page. The room can handle 175. The hotel is full as are nearby hotels so accommodations may be a barrier.
        • ACTION: David to update the Connectathon site and post a notice regarding registration/accommodations
    • FGB
      • Talking about policy on IGs and have been looking at precepts.
    • MnM –
      • Have not made progress this week
    • Ballot Planning
      • Grahame will do a blog post in the next 48 hours on the ballot and how to participate
  • Adjourned at 4:59 pm Eastern


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20160824 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2016 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.