20160815 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157 using VOIP

Date: 2016-08-15
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
Woody Beeler x Lorraine Constable x Grahame Grieve David Hay
Dave Shaver x Ewout Kramer Cecil Lynch (ArB) x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG)
x Wayne Kubick Regrets Calvin Beebe .
observers/guests
Anne W., scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20160808 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • Lorraine will bring the concern of asserting governance over affiliate related development to the TSC
  • Discussion Topics:
    • Followup on Policy on hosting implementation guides on github
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.

Minutes

  • Called to order at 4:08 pm Eastern
  • Minutes from [[20160808_FGB_concall]
    • MOTION to approve: Grahame/Wayne
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Discussion over proposed policy for IG publishing - reviewed last week's progress. Lorraine had action to take affiliate issue to TSC. She did so earlier today. 2 comments: 1) Github should go to EST first before TSC; 2) Questions and concerns over governance over affiliates and left it open for folks to think about. TSC will revisit Github on 8/29 after EST has time to review. Grahame: what is the rationale for talking to EST? Lorraine: should get their blessing on policy and approach. Wayne: We're already using Github for C-CDA templates and should be able to follow their precedent. Lorraine: EST wants to go that direction. Wayne and Lorraine will try to make the next EST call. Lloyd: Discussion was that HL7 needs to have its own Github account to host public domain content. Grahame notes there is an HL7 organizational account on Github that is managed by someone who is no longer a member. We need to recover that account.
  • Lloyd starts discussion over the process for granting committers access to SVN. Could it be automated? Grahame would prefer that it isn't. Anne offers to assist. Discussion over process. First step is policy, then instructions for authors, which is more of an FMG thing than FGB.
    • ACTION: Wayne to look into reclaiming that Github account name
  • Affiliate-related development:
    • Who has the authority to say thou must? If you want to publish through HL7.org, then that could be a lever. If you want to create your own IG that you host somewhere else, without a change to the affiliate agreement, then we don't currently have any other mechanisms. Lorraine: If you wish to register those documents in our registry, that could be another lever. Wayne: we need to define the policy and present it to the affiliate council and put more controls in place later as we can. Ewout: so are we saying affiliates need to publish their IGs on HL7.org? Grahame: If an affiliate publishes as an affiliate, they should require all committers/editors to explicitly agree to the appropriate IP agreements, ensure there are continuity plans, ensure they have control over who is committing, understand the path to becoming a committer, publication copyright license must be clear, visibility arrangements of current version must be clear.
    • Someone should contact the affiliates council to ask for agenda time.
      • ACTION: Wayne will talk to Karen about getting on that agenda.
      • ACTION: Wayne and Lorraine to present overall topic of Github maintenance policies to EST
  • FMG update:
    • FMG didn't meet last week.
  • FHIR registry project started up last week. What will the visibility arrangements be for this group on the project? Wayne will keep this group in the loop - once there is something tangible it will be shared.
    • ACTION: Anne to add ongoing agenda item
  • Methodology
    • MnM hasn't met in a couple of weeks. Very close to having requirements documented for FMM levels for non-resource artifacts. Hope to finish them tomorrow.
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
    • Lorraine: is this document dead? Are we finished with it? Has time bypassed it? Should we move it to SGB for comment? Anne sends out to group for review.
  • Wayne has issue from PIC: are there any measure we want to track on WGH re: how well groups are interacting with FHIR.
    • ACTION: Anne to add to next week.
  • Lorraine out on the 29th.
    • ACTION: Anne to add WGM prep to next week
  • Adjourned at 4:51 pm Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.