20160706 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2016-07-06
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. Wayne Kubick, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite Regrets Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Grahame Grieve x Amol Vyas
x Christol Green
x Lenel James

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20160629_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Lloyd to coordinate with Bryn on DecisionSupport proposal completion (target: mid-June) - update
      • Lloyd to update explanation on how to read the reports spreadsheet and see if he can get the emails to work properly; then send an email to the co-chairs to review/address the stale column
      • Hans to update on reach out to CDS for agreement to transfer ownership of DeviceUseRequest to Pharmacy/Patient Care/OO
      • David to draft message to co-chairs regarding WG intentions for FMM levels
      • David to reach out to James Agnew regarding agenda, intentions, etc. for upcoming Connectathon and invite to next meeting
      • Grahame to reach out to EC regarding Connectathon approval process
      • Grahame to refine definition of custom resources
      • David to submit NIB
    • Connectathon ACTIONS:
      • Hans to follow up with Genomics on Connectathon track roles and participants
      • Brian Post to fill in scenarios on Provider Directories and Scheduling
      • Eric to follow up to see if Vitals Profile track will go ahead
      • David to contact Wayne regarding Clinical Research track
      • David to send a note asking for success scenarios for PATCH
      • David to build spreadsheet
  • Approval Items:
  • Discussion Topics
    • From John Moerhke: The Imaging (DICOM) committee wants to add DICOM mappings to other workgroups Resources (Patient, Provider, DiagnosticReport), and a datatypes (Identifier, and HumanName). Do the 'other' workgroups need to approve these CP's or is it sufficient for the Imanging WG to approve them?
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Lenel James asks to add FHIR repository pss to agenda
    • MOTION to accept; BrianPost/John
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Lenel James, Amol, David DeGandi and Christol here to discuss Virtual Connectathon:
    • Lenel explains genesis of the upcoming virtual Connectathon with Cambia. Focused on patient care; this is an initial offering and will be evaluated for future offerings. David DeGandi explains that they'd like to expand in the future and perhaps cooperate with the in-person Connectathon. This first instance is to figure out how we can do it/how we can make it work from a structure standpoint. There will be a sub-call to discuss a certain aspects. Dave: at the physical Connectathon we work to advance and test the standard. Lenel: That's where we want to go, but in this case we want to make sure people can be at the same level so the next one can have multiple tracks. Amol states that the hope of the virtual Connectathon is that people who can't attend an in-person Connectathon can benefit - will be especially good for newbies. Removes travel requirement and funding burden. Dave DeGandi: Several aspects of value for virtual Connectathons. David: So it does feel more educative than advancing the standard. John: My biggest concern is that a virtual Connectathon seems like a great idea but executing them is not as easy as it seems. Lenel: This helps people who can't travel get on board; also helps them learn to do some lightweight development of the standard while pushing them to the face to face in the future. Lloyd: Would like to see the caveat expressed to participants that this is not the same as a physical Connectathon and is experimental. Lenel: Will work with David to craft the kickoff message reflecting that. David DeG invites FMG representative to do an into expressing that as well; David states he could do that time permitting. David brings up the lack of coordination with FMG to this point and offers himself as a contact. Grahame thanks the organizers for taking the initiative and for joining us today.
  • Minutes from 20160629_FMG_concall
    • MOTION to approve: Lloyd/Brian
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • FHIR repository process update:
    • Lenel provides update on status/recent activities. Timeline is being developed by Bob Dieterle and Dave Hamill. Lenel asks what FMG would like to see in terms of moving forward with the work. Lloyd: It makes sense for you to go and do the work, and once the work is underway then someone could come once a month or so to give updates. What is the electronic form for moving forward? Lenel: A listserve would be a good thing and we could have the co-leads work with Anne to get that set up. David: Would a Zulip stream be good due to interest from community? Lenel: People are used to the listserve process and it won't get blocked. Lloyd: Zulip is much better than skype was in those terms. David: It would be a good way to get implementer feedback. Lenel agrees to look into it. Lloyd: in terms of streams on Zulip, we haven't created streams in the past that are project oriented. Are there any concerns with doing that? Grahame: we do have some project-specific streams. The US stream would likely be most appropriate for this one.
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Lloyd to coordinate with Bryn on DecisionSupport proposal completion (target: mid-June) - update
        • Bryn has sent an update that Lloyd fowarded. CDS proposals are now reflective of their final intention. We need to look at them prior to going to ballot.
      • Lloyd to update explanation on how to read the reports spreadsheet and see if he can get the emails to work properly; then send an email to the co-chairs to review/address the stale column
        • Add for next week
      • Hans to update on reach out to CDS for agreement to transfer ownership of DeviceUseRequest to Pharmacy/Patient Care/OO
        • They voted and it now belongs to OO.
      • David to draft message to co-chairs regarding WG intentions for FMM levels
        • Add for next week
      • David to reach out to James Agnew regarding agenda, intentions, etc. for upcoming Connectathon and invite to next meeting
        • Complete
      • Grahame to refine definition of custom resources
        • Needs to write it up for review next week.
      • David to submit NIB
        • Complete
    • Connectathon ACTIONS:
      • Grahame to reach out to EC regarding Connectathon approval process
        • Complete
      • Hans to follow up with Genomics on Connectathon track roles and participants
        • Add for next week
      • Brian Post to fill in scenarios on Provider Directories and Scheduling
        • Add for next week
      • Eric to follow up to see if Vitals Profile track will go ahead
        • Add for next week
      • David to contact Wayne regarding Clinical Research track
        • Wayne would prefer to leave it as a separate track for now but is open to joining the other track if necessary.
      • David to send a note asking for success scenarios for PATCH
        • Complete but not sure if it's done or not
      • David to build spreadsheet
        • Add for next week
  • Approval Items:
    • ActivityDefinition Resource Proposal
      • Brian Pech expresses concern that everything won't be captured and will be turned into an extension. Lloyd: Core properties are most important to capture. Could go into the CQL space instead of using extensions. Brian agrees to go through CDS to discuss. "
      • ACTION: Lloyd to reach out to Bryn to add RIM scope to this and to PlanDefinition
      • MOTION to approve: Brian Post/Grahame
      • VOTE: Lloyd abstains. Remaining in favor.
    • PlanDefinition Resource Proposal
      • Discussion over how to publish the data types - do they need their own pages? Brian post suggests that it should cover how it will also enable workflow definition. Should have states, transitions, conditions within it. Add workflow to examples/scenarios and something to show non-clinical, eg Careplan.
      • MOTION to approve: Brian Post/Grahame
      • VOTE: Lloyd abstains. Remaining in favor.
  • Discussion Topics
    • Lloyd mentions FHIR workflow request went out to many WGs.
    • From John Moerhke: The Imaging (DICOM) committee wants to add DICOM mappings to other workgroups Resources (Patient, Provider, DiagnosticReport), and a datatypes (Identifier, and HumanName). Do the 'other' workgroups need to approve these CP's or is it sufficient for the Imaging WG to approve them?
      • Grahame: the owning committee of the resource should be okaying the existence of the mapping. The committee should ask the editor of the resource if they'd like to make the changes themselves or if they're okay with someone else making the changes. In this case DICOM approves the CPs and then PA votes on whether or not it should go in.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • David will create spreadsheet. Nothing from Brian Pech.
    • FGB
      • Didn't meet this week.
    • MnM –
      • Didn't meet this week.
    • FMG Liaisons
      • Nothing further than what was already discussed
  • Process management
    • Ballot Planning
      • There is a week and a half to the deadline for substantive change to resources and 2 1/2 weeks until the deadline for changes to everything.
    • Ballot content review and QA process FHIR QA Guidelines
      • Will review when updates come in from MnM
  • AOB (Any Other Business)
  • Adjourned at 5:22 pm Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20160713 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.