20160627 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: GoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157

Date: 2016-06-27
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
Woody Beeler Regrets Lorraine Constable x Grahame Grieve David Hay
x Dave Shaver Ewout Kramer x Cecil Lynch (ArB) x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG)
Wayne Kubick . Calvin Beebe .
observers/guests
x Anne W., scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20160620 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
  • Discussion Topics
    • Updates on Custom Resource Policy
    • Updates on IGs published separately from FHIR spec
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.

Minutes

  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20160620 FGB concall
    • Minutes approved via general consent
  • Action Item review:
  • Discussion Topics:
    • Updates on Custom Resource Policy
      • FMG members had some confusion; Grahame drafting a more precise definition. Pushback on intention and definition of the policy. May come back to FGB for further discussion if consensus not reached. Dave: So we'll just remain silent on custom resources? Grahame: Difficulty defining what space we're trying to control - need a clear definition of the boundary. Lloyd: There's a mixture of viewpoints at the FMG; some think we shouldn't allow anything to be done outside the spec, and others who say let people do whatever they want. Cecil: Similar issue occurred at the CDC - describes how it was successfully handled. Grahame is drafting the new definition this week for FMG review.
    • Updates on IGs published separately from FHIR spec
      • Position that we came to is that IGs that are balloted through HL7 or an affiliate are able to be published under HL7.org/fhir. We have no requests for other IGs to be published there but will consider as time goes on.
  • FMG update -
    • Talked about virtual connectathon and how HQ doesn't know the process for getting Connectathons approved. Discussed Consent, which is slowly moving forward. Also started looking at Connectathon proposals.
  • Methodology update-
    • Continuing to work on quality criteria for conformance resources. Will be looking at maturity metric criteria as well - will bring to FMG and FGB for review.
  • Adjourned at 4:27 pm Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.