20160620 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location:
GoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157

Date: 2016-06-20
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern

Call uses VOIP; if VOIP unavailable, call
United States: +1 (571) 317-3129
Australia: +61 2 8355 1040
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9350
Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 080 219
New Zealand: +64 9 909 7888
United Kingdom: +44 (0) 330 221 0086
Access Code: 136-494-157

Facilitator: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
Woody Beeler x Lorraine Constable x Grahame Grieve David Hay
Dave Shaver Ewout Kramer x Cecil Lynch (ArB) x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG)
Wayne Kubick . Calvin Beebe .
observers/guests
Anne W., scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20160613 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
  • Discussion Topics:
    • IGs published separately from FHIR spec
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.

Minutes

  • Agenda Review
    • Agenda accepted via general consent
  • Approve minutes of 20160613 FGB concall
    • MOTION by Lloyd to accept; second by Cecil
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Action Item review:
    • Lloyd to take custom resource policy to FMG
      • Lloyd took it to FMG but it has not been agreed upon yet.
      • Came up on TSC that it was being discussed. Once FGB and FMG make a decision, does that decision need to go anywhere else? TSC thought they perhaps should make a recommendation to EC regarding branding, IP, etc. No conclusion, just considering the issue. Grahame: We'll think about that.
  • Discussion Topics:
    • IGs published separately from FHIR spec
      • Now that we have the new tooling, we need to decide what to do about existing IGs. Some get balloted with the spec. Some have their own life cycle and ballot - we can either publish them under hl7.org/fhir, or tell the owners to post them elsewhere. For example, EHRS Functional Model is a candidate to remain part of the build, while the US Lab guides are not part of the core spec and should have its own IG presence.
      • Lorraine: We need to know if it's realm specific/universal. If we're saying that all implementations must conform to a particular IG then it should be published in the core. Some of the items that could go either way - do we leave the responsible WG the scope to ask and suggest where they want it to be, or do we tell them where it's going to be? Grahame: We should take their advice, although it's ultimately an FMG question.
      • Lloyd: in terms of international content, do we have criteria for deciding if something is important enough to be part of core spec? Clinical genomics content could be part of core but feels like something that probably ought to live separately. Lorraine: living separately and being published together are different things. Most things should be on their own lifecycle except things like the EHRS functional model. Group reviews IGs in the current build. Heading towards most IGs not being part of core. Lorraine: What about C-CDA on FHIR? Grahame: Meets my criteria for being separate.
      • Of the IGs that are separate, which do we choose to publish with the spec? Grahame: They'd be published on HL7.org/fhir. DAF, for example, becomes a separate IG published on its own cycle. Published under the FHIR tree but not with the spec. Lorraine: Does publishing have an opinion on this? Grahame: yes, but in principle we will continue to publish FHIR content the way we publish FHIR content. Will be included when we talk about process.
      • Things that are balloted through HL7 belong on Hl7.org/fhir. That provision is available to affiliates as well. Question regarding whether we want to entertain content other than that on the HL7 ballot pathway? Lorraine: if we ballot it, we should publish it at hl7.org/fhir. Non-balloted IGs are another issue. Grahame: we have some Argonaut content that should be pulled out. Ballot is not the rational end-state for many IGs. Clarification that it must pass ballot to be published.
      • Summary: For now, we're publishing IGs that are balloted through HL7 International process, then taking requests to publish other content on a case by case basis to determine what the governance process should be in the future.
      • Need to recommend this to FMG and have them work with publishing on the ramifications.
  • FMG update -
    • FMG has been talking about proposals for Connectathon and will start reviewing next week. Discussed Consent and Grahame has put together a draft in the hopes of merging a number of different perspectives. Will be discussed in CBCC tomorrow. Agreed to a change around FMM levels, that a resource can be at a particular FMM level but could have a comment noted that some aspects of the resource are not at that same level. Also discussed Custom Resource policy which will continue this week. There is lack of consensus over what we're trying to do. Lorraine: Is FMG actually discussing governance? Lloyd: Maybe. Lack of understanding over role and hard to get them to come up with policy if they don't agree on the why.
  • Methodology update-
    • Working on conformance resource QA criteria with the objective of rolling that into a discussion on FMM levels for artifacts other than just resources. Continuing to work through tracker items as they come in.
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
    • Lorraine: We agreed that we should pass off to SGB.
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    • There are a bunch of issues popping up from CIMI around ownership and management of content, and the relationship between publishing and product families. That's a discussion we'll need to delve into. Lorraine: Some of that has been tasked to ARB. One issue is how to manage cross product content. Will continue to monitor as the issue develops.
  • Lorraine is out next week. Following week is July 4 - will cancel.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.