2016-05-10 FGB WGM Agenda

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: Salon 6 & 7

Date: 2016-05-10
Time: 7:00 AM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
Woody Beeler x Lorraine Constable x Grahame Grieve David Hay
x Dave Shaver x Ewout Kramer Cecil Lynch (ArB) x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG)
Wayne Kubick x Calvin Beebe .
observers/guests
Anne W., scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20160418 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • Grahame to check to see if the Zulip backup restore is functional
    • Grahame to invite Andy Bond to Montreal FGB to discuss potential stepped process towards conforming to FHIR
  • Discussion Topics
    • Update on EC review of trademark policy (Grahame)
    • Custom Resources
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.

Minutes

  • Called to order at 7:11 AM
  • Roll call -
    • Tim Blake here. Working with FHIR Core team with communications, strategy, etc.
  • Agenda Review
    • Agenda approved
  • Approve minutes of 20160418 FGB concall
    • MOTION to approve by Lorraine; second by Lloyd
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Action Item review:
    • Grahame to check to see if the Zulip backup restore is functional
      • Administration has been reviewed but haven’t done a DR recovery. Grahame will check to see if that’s appropriate.
      • Other WGs are starting to look at using Zulip. Are we comfortable with this being used by HL7 at large? Could evolved to be chat.HL7.org in terms of usage. Will be some management questions on where do issues get discussed? Should we set up multiple instances? Not sure how easy it would be to set up additional ones. Discussion over what it would look like to have different topics being discussed on chat.FHIR.org vs. having a separation. Lloyd: default expectation should be that streams are FHIR-related and if it’s not it must be prefixed; doesn’t see the harm. Ewout: the number of channels we already have is very large; people will get lost. Lloyd: we would need to manage the creation of streams and police the FHIR stream to make sure that we don’t see dilution. If the number of streams gets into the hundreds we may need to have an organizing page and rename streams. Dave: if HL7 sets up their own Zulip server, is that a better solution? Grahame: We should speak to the TSC on what the definition of an HL7-managed platform is; Zulip should be considered an HL7-managed platform. Need to understand the policy consequences. TSC should push committees to stop using Skype because it isn’t open and transparent. Lorraine: TSC discussed need to modernize our collaboration tools. Concern around Google docs for everything including their minutes. Shouldn’t be using it for the end products. Dave: impact on existing chat would be if we want to rename anything.
        • ACTION: Lorraine to take issue of Zulip to TSC.
    • Grahame to invite Andy Bond to Montreal FGB to discuss potential stepped process towards conforming to FHIR
      • Andy may not be available this morning
      • ONC has contracted with HL7 to add conformance statements to all IGs. Dave and Karen are going out to each of the management groups and platform committees trying to figure out how long it would take to get to the point where there is a defined process to make sure every IG has conformance statements. They’ll be coming to FMG/FHIR methodology asking for clarity on the process.
  • Discussion Topics
    • Update on EC review of trademark policy (Grahame)
      • Have an agreed trademark policy. Had hoped to get web forms done and distributed this week. The policy is extremely permissive and will serve the community well. There’s no conformance aspect to the trademark policy. You have to conform with the policy but you don’t have to conform with FHIR itself.
    • Custom Resources
      • Grahame wrote a policy. Group reviews. Policy fills out technical details and proposes a procedure but not sure it actually deals with the problem. Issue: allowing custom resources and allowing it as an acceptable behavior could potentially fragment the community and dilute the brand of FHIR. The most contentious use case of the four possible use cases is using FHIR and ignoring the existing resources – looking for a way to deal with this now. Lloyd: realistically, we can’t stop anyone from doing that and saying it is based on FHIR. His rationale for providing explicit support for that situation is to allow us to come up with a formal term for doing that, require language for doing that, and at least set the expectation of what should be occurring in that situation. Grahame will work on this with the management group and then discuss with the community to gather public opinion. He would like to drop that use case.
  • Soft cancelling Monday unless agenda items arise.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items



Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® Intern

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.