2016-05-09 FMG WGM

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: Salon 8

Date: 2016-05-09
Time: 12:30 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. Wayne Kubick, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
Josh Mandel John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Grahame Grieve .

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 2016-05-04_FMG_concall and 2016-04-27_FMG_concall
  • Discussion Topics
    • External Resources
    • FHIR Registry
    • What Resources people want at what STU levels/what is the delta
    • Connectathon Report
    • WG readiness for STU 3
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Called to order at 1:00 pm Eastern. David chairing.
  • Roll Call
    • Guests: Andy Torres, Kevin Sheckleton, Dennis Patterson, Viet Nguyen
  • Agenda Check
    • MOTION to accept by Brian; second by Hans
  • Minutes from 2016-05-04_FMG_concall and 2016-04-27_FMG_concall
    • MOTION to accept 5/4 by Lloyd; second by Brian Pech
    • VOTE: all in favor
    • MOTION to accept 4/27 by Hans; Lloyd seconds.
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Discussion Topics
    • Custom Resources
      • Some people want to make up their own resources for a variety of reasons - FHIR hasn’t done it yet, has no plans to do it, or it’s outside of healthcare. Policy questions arise as a result of people creating their own resources. Grahame displays a draft policy. Proposes that if you want to do it, you can ask HL7 for a name or a prefix. If you get a prefix you can make up your own stuff. Custom resources cannot claim to be conformant with FHIR; they can only claim to be conformant to “Custom-FHIR.” Discussion over how it applies to CIMI and OpenEHR. Grahame proposes a policy that allows you to find new custom resources where we don’t have resources in that space; if we have them, those should be used. OpenEHR’s use would be technically possible but it wouldn’t be conformant. Important thing is to avoid situations that negatively affect interoperability by not following these rules. Concern that if we set up a method that allows people to do it, it will be abused; blurring the lines will be easier. Grahame states that if you create custom resources for custom uses, then you are conformant to Custom-FHIR, not FHIR. Hans wonders how we can make this clear. Brian Pech: HL7 needs to be very careful regarding how we define conformance to HL7 FHIR. It’s going to get murky; like if there is an OpenEHR-FHIR Patient Resource. David worries about the general confusion. Hans thinks there is value but it will be a challenge to keep things clear with a high level of consistency. Lloyd: What we have control over is the FHIR name and the FHIR logo. Anybody who wants to use the logo at all and anyone who wants to make use of the name is controlled by our rules. Having a policy is useful to set expectations.
      • David: Should FGB take a look at this? Lloyd: Right now we’re looking at how this CAN work, and once we’ve got a recommendation it can be pushed up further. We need to be confident that we can make it work process-wise. Brian Post has concerns about the category where FHIR doesn’t have a resource YET. Once the FM group creates that, the custom resource would be non-compliant.
    • FHIR Registry
    • What Resources people want at what STU levels/what is the delta
    • Connectathon Report
      • 120 participants, 15 different tracks. David hasn’t heard any complaints. Difficulties with track numbers. Lloyd reports feedback from TSC that an attendee was disappointed in the low number of participants in his track. Suggests that we put a disclaimer on the registration site that numbers aren’t guaranteed and that folks sign up for tracks as they register; perhaps HQ adds to registration form? Or HQ reaches out to attendees with tracks link. Grahame suggests adding checkboxes to the reg form with leads. Proposes that track leads were unprepared. Hans: do you give multiple choice on the reg form?
      • David reports that five minutes per stream seemed short on Sunday for some people. Lloyd notes that forcing them to be brief was beneficial. David suggests countdown timer to help people avoid going over. Two people doing Q2 session was good.
      • Grahame states we expect the next one to be significantly larger. Need to be more proactive about track selection. Kevin asks if we should have a minimum number per track. Lloyd says maybe we could consolidate the small tracks into a single report, or you have to have a minimum number to present. David: maybe we coordinate that at the end of Saturday. Brian: They could present at AID if someone was enthusiastic about presenting.
        • ACTION: Discuss registration form options for tracks with HQ and the possibility of emailing participants
        • ACTION: Prompt track leads to follow provided education
    • WG readiness for STU 3
  • AOB (Any Other Business)
  • Adjourned at 1:40 pm Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items



Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.