2016-05-08 SGB WGM Agenda

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

back to Standards Governance Board main page

HL7 SGB Minutes

Location: Salon 3

Date: 2016-05-08
Time: 3:30 PM Eastern
Facilitator Paul/Calvin Note taker(s) Anne
Attendee Name


x Calvin Beebe
x Lorraine Constable
x Russ Hamm
x Tony Julian
Regrets Paul Knapp
x Austin Kreisler
x Wayne Kubick
x Mary Kay McDaniel
x Ken McCaslin
x Rik Smithies
no quorum definition

Agenda

  • Agenda review
  • Minutes Review: 2016-04-27 SGB Conference Call
  • Action Item Review
    • Paul will send FHIR Tooling and Electronic Services Support PSS to co-chairs of FHIR-I and get on FMG next week
    • Anne to follow up with CBCC on SAIF IG project - complete
    • Paul to touch base with CBCC at the WGM to better understand why the change to the SAIF IG project occurred
    • Anne to add role of product director topic to Friday SGB meeting at WGM - complete
    • Anne to remove proxy section of DMP; all to vote on revised document
  • Approval Items
  • Administrivia
  • Discussion Topics:

Minutes

  • Meeting opened at 3:32 pm
  • Agenda review
    • ACTION: Add CDA Product Family formation to Friday agenda
  • Minutes Review
    • MOTION to approve by Lorraine. Second by Austin.
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Action Item Review
    • Paul will send FHIR Tooling and Electronic Services Support PSS to co-chairs of FHIR-I and get on FMG next week
      • Will be discussed at joint meeting on Thursday. Sounds like FMG would like to be the primary sponsor but they differ from the stated intent and scope. Will be hammered out throughout the week at committee meetings. It will likely come back here on Friday. Will be mostly informational for SGB as opposed to an action item.
      • ACTION: Anne to forward updated version of PSS from Lorraine
    • Anne to follow up with CBCC on SAIF IG project - complete
    • Paul to touch base with CBCC at the WGM to better understand why the change to the SAIF IG project occurred
      • Deferred to Friday; in addition, Lorraine will try to touch base with CBCC cochairs this week
    • Anne to add role of product director topic to Friday SGB meeting at WGM – complete
      • Tony invited Grahame but he is unavailable. Wayne suggest full FGB should attend.
      • MOTION by Wayne that FGB and FHIR product director attend a Q meeting with SGB in September. Austin seconds.
      • DISCUSSION: Lorraine notes that our current quarters coincide with other events. Will have to be worked out.
      • VOTE: All in favor
    • Anne to remove proxy section of DMP (complete); all to vote on revised document
  • Approval Items
    • DMP
      • MOTION to approve by Austin; second by Tony.
      • DISCUSSION: Russ – do members at large vote? Affirmative.
      • VOTE: all in favor
  • Administrivia
    • SWOT
      • Reviewed draft document. Made some edits.
        • ACTION: Add to Friday for further review and look at it each WGM.
  • Discussion Topics:
    • Further discussion on SGB Guidance on IG Conformance Statements (from 2016-02-22 TSC Call)
      • Ken describes project to group. Anne displays TSC minutes from previous day. Conformance statements will need to be machine processable. Differences in how this will work with V2, V3, and FHIR. By September we need to know where we need to go, what needs to be done, and timeline.
      • Mary Kay: What does machine processable conformance statement mean? Ken: Goal is that IGs will be prescriptive. Need to be able to turn over to third party to do conformance validation. HL7 will certify the certifiers.
      • Austin: Is this US Realm specific? Karen said it was US Realm and Universal.
      • Mary Kay: When items are ambiguous to add a machine readable conformance statement to, can we ask ONC to attempt to get an industry specific definition? Calvin: In the CDA space we have things that we can’t express that way, so by definition we only put in the machine processable and put the rest in guidance. Some things are just never going to be truly computable. Mary Kay: industry needs to come out with clear cut definitions for all. Ken: it also needs to be driven down within domain. Calvin: As we help TSC and organization move this forward, we’ll have to set precepts for doing this. Right now, we just want to socialize the goal. Different product families will move at different rates and have different needs.
        • ACTION: Add to Friday
  • Adjourned at 4:40 PM

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

© 2016 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.