2016-04-20 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2016-04-20
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
x Wayne Kubick, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Grahame Grieve .

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 2016-04-13_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
  • Action items
    • Lloyd to forward MnM PSS when complete
    • Lloyd to update on AdverseEvent changes/whether or not WG will complete the proposal
    • Lloyd to reach out to Bryn to ask him to complete DecisionSupport proposals and forward when complete
    • Brian Post to check on SOA PSS
    • Brian to finish up ServicesDirectorandScheduling
    • Brian Post to tidy up/combine tracks
    • David to ping Eric to see how it's going with updating DAF to reflect lab results
    • Paul/David to follow up with Devices to make sure proposals are complete with approval dates
    • Hans to reach out to relevant WGs to help nail down the issues around SupplyDelivery
    • Grahame to write up proposed process for custom resource naming/registration
    • Josh to add URL to Zulip code of conduct
    • Hans to follow up with O&O regarding Supply Delivery resource proposals
    • Lloyd will reach out to Decision Support and David will reach out to others to to add approval dates to resource proposals
    • David to reach out to Keith to see if he still wants to be the lead on Workflow
    • David to reach out to Lillian regarding table tents for Connectathon
    • Lloyd will run stats to determine what WGs have stale material and add another column for "stalled" with both count and percentage
    • Josh to draft maturity level poll
  • Approval Items
  • Discussion Topics
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Agenda Check - add mapping stream discussion to Connectathon section
    • MOTION to accept agenda by David; second by Josh
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Minutes from 2016-04-13_FMG_concall
    • MOTION to accept by David; second by Josh
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Administrative
  • Action items
    • Lloyd to forward MnM PSS when complete
      • Still waiting for cosponsor approval. Add to next week.
    • Lloyd to update on AdverseEvent changes/whether or not WG will complete the proposal
      • Have not heard back. Add to next week.
    • Lloyd to reach out to Bryn to ask him to complete DecisionSupport proposals and forward when complete
      • Reached out. Bryn working through updates. Add to next week.
    • Brian Post to check on SOA PSS
      • Add to next week.
    • Brian to finish up ServicesDirectorandScheduling
      • Add to next week.
    • Brian Post to tidy up/combine tracks
      • Add to next week.
    • David to ping Eric to see how it's going with updating DAF to reflect lab results
      • David will re-ping. Add to next week.
    • Paul/David to follow up with Devices to make sure proposals are complete with approval dates
      • They reached out but Devices hasn't responded. Add for next week.
    • Hans to reach out to relevant WGs to help nail down the issues around SupplyDelivery
      • Add to next week - scheduling has been difficult. May not occur until WGM.
    • Grahame to write up proposed process for custom resource naming/registration
      • Add to next week.
    • Josh to add URL to Zulip code of conduct
      • Complete.
    • David to reach out to Keith to see if he still wants to be the lead on Workflow
      • Complete. Keith does want to continue to be the lead.
    • David to reach out to Lillian regarding table tents for Connectathon
      • Complete
    • Lloyd will run stats to determine what WGs have stale material and add another column for "stalled" with both count and percentage
      • Complete. Lloyd will share stats later in the call.
    • Josh to draft maturity level poll
      • Complete - shared in Zulip chat.
  • Approval Items
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • Mapping proposal exists that is not on the list. David asks if there are changes to the way we ran things. Lloyd states we changed the way we did the intros. Coordinators did reports. Josh remembers other changes. Reviewed minutes from January regarding Connectathon. Were considering having track leads present on the way in and on the way out. Decision to do 90 minutes of presentation; 5 minutes a track with encouragement to not fill the five minutes if not necessary. Talk to track leads around lunch on Saturday to make sure they are aware of what to be looking for within their track in terms of what they should include in their report.
      • Numbers are looking decent. May break 100. Were at 85 two days ago.
        • ACTION: David to ping Sharon to find out if a web meeting is set up for Connectathon.
        • ACTION: David will add Mapping track to the list.
    • FGB
      • FGB talking more about conformance and how access to the FHIR name and/or logo is related to conformance or not.
    • MnM –
      • MnM has been talking about conformance resource QA
    • FMG Liaisons
      • Nothing to report
  • Discussion Topics
    • Release Updates - one is a specification change, the other is not. Should we go in and edit DSTU 1 and/or DSTU 2? Paul: why don't we leave it as a forward-going item? Grahame: A bulletin (outside the spec) and software changes are appropriate. Josh is concerned people will miss it. Grahame: not a FHIR specific issue - just an issue we found in reference implementations. Josh is concerned about distributing vulnerable tools if we don't update the spec. Discussion over the process - we need to approve here that we need a patch, get it approved by TSC, and then have Grahame update. Anne wonders if it could be done as an errata that Wayne could approve rather than TSC. Grahame states it's not a change to a balloted specification. Lloyd: we could update the existing spec to say you should not use DTD references. Grahame: we could make a note that DTDs should not be used and will be prohibited in future releases. Text: "The inclusion of DTD references within XML instances may constitute a security risk. We strongly recommend that implementers not use them since they cannot be processed safely. Use of DTD references within instances will be prohibited in a future version of FHIR." Paul: then send that forward to Wayne for approval.
      • MOTION to apply that change to DSTU 2 by Josh; Paul seconds.
      • VOTE: All in favor
    • Reports spreadsheet
      • Lloyd added in column for total count that are stale > 90 days; set it to flag the column in red if greater than 50% of WG's items meet that criteria. Could include an explicit list of the items if that's useful. John notes that it looks like gibberish when he opens it. Lloyd acknowledges the problem. Discussion over how to address. Josh suggests saving it and mailing it out as a link to a Google spreadsheet. Lloyd would rather not copy and paste that way. Lloyd will send Grahame the source to address. Hans asks if there's a legend. Lloyd will add explanation. Red stuff in left columns is ballot-related stuff. Red in the stale column means greater than 50% are behind 90 days.
        • ACTION: Lloyd to update explanation on how to read the spreadsheet and see if he can get the emails to work properly; then send an email to the co-chairs to review/address the stale column.
    • Review of Josh's FMM Survey
      • Lloyd would include in brackets beside STU3 "targeted for the end of 2016." Suggests removing "personal." Suggests adding a link to the CI build with instructions that folks can go there if they don't know what some of the resources are. May want to define "involved in" in the second question. Make it "involved in WG calls, discussions, or otherwise engaged." Decision to send it out in advance of Montreal. Might want to add "further information about the resources discussed below" to the FHIR build link. Add explanation that the purpose of the survey is to provide guidance in preparation for the next release of FHIR. Josh makes changes. Reword the first question to read "For resources you care about, what FHIR maturity model (FMM) level would you like them to be at when FHIR STU3 is published (target end of 2016)?"
        • ACTION: Josh to send survey link to FHIR-I and chat.fhir.org. Include invitation to share via other distribution means if necessary to reach other FHIR implementers.
  • MOTION to adjourn by Hans.
  • Adjourned at 5:22 pm Eastern.
  • Lloyd absent next week.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20160427 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.