20151019 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157

Date: 2015-10-19
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
x Woody Beeler x Lorraine Constable x Grahame Grieve David Hay
Dave Shaver Ewout Kramer x Cecil Lynch (ArB) x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG)
John Quinn x Calvin Beebe .
observers/guests Austin Kreisler
x Anne W., scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20151005_FGB_WGM
  • Action Item Review:
    • Cecil to followup re: ONC/FGB liaison
  • Any followup on Atlanta agenda items?
    • Define what "FHIR-related project" means in terms of projects to be reviewed by FMG
    • Standards Governance Board introduction
    • Process for vetting FMM 4+ changes/standardization in documenting governance patterns
    • Extensibility/implications
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.

Minutes

  • Meeting called to order at 4:10
  • MOTION by Lorraine to extend Woody's term as co-chair of FGB through the end of January WGM. Calvin seconds.
  • Additions to agenda? None.
  • Minutes from WGM:
    • MOTION to approve agenda and minutes by Lorraine. Second by Lloyd.
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Cecil's item on ONC/FGB liaison:
    • Accenture has a number of people who routinely attend HL7 who are also active in ONC. Lloyd spoke to some Accenture folks in Atlanta.
    • FGB will review eLTSS slides next week. If we need further followup we'll contact David Susanto.
  • FHIR-related project issue:
    • Lloyd recalls that the TSC was going to review the issue next to provide guidance. Lloyd's opinion that the organization is going to be publishing around FHIR, whether its core spec or implementation guides, then it needs to come to FMG (especially international IGs). Lorraine agrees. The only question beyond that is when there are projects that are doing other cross-product work that aren't creating or publishing FHIR-related material. Need to consolidate the issue into a paragraph or two for the TSC.
    • Lloyd would like the TSC to define whether FMG will provide review or actual approval. Project coming forward from Mobile Health to do a FHIR-ish thing that won't be part of core spec and won't be an IG but is some kind of FHIR-based API and Lloyd wants to ensure that sort of thing comes through FMG.
    • Proposal that if FHIR is mentioned in the PSS then it should be reviewed by FMG.
    • Lloyd clarifies: If related to FHIR, it should be reviewed by FMG. If FHIR is the primary product line, then it requires FMG approval.
  • SGB:
    • The issue just raised will eventually be grappled with by SGB but in the short term, TSC is still appropriate.
  • Vetting FMM 4+ changes/standardization in documenting governance patterns:
    • FMM levels 4 and 5 will have an additional hurdle to change: if a substantive change is requested, a community review process must be undertaken by the implementer community before approval is granted. We have not defined the process or how it would technically work.
    • Discussion over whether reviewers must be members as it is a voting process. Grahame states it's not a substitute for ballot. Intention is to put weight on the implementation community. Calvin: doesn't it run the risk of stifling change? Grahame: it's not a veto over the change; community could give a negative response and the change could still (in certain cases) move forward. It's just to make change hold more consequence and to inform the decision process.
    • Once the website is up and running, reviewers will be those who have registered as implementers
  • Extensibility/implications
    • We need to do tooling, implementation support, and governance. Grahame is not ready for this topic yet but wants it back on the agenda.
  • FMG: Going through change requests, etc. but nothing significant for this group.
  • Methodology: Got started on methodology for quality criteria for profiles, IGs, value sets, and other non-core structures.
  • Adjourned at 4:58 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • All to review eLTSS slides next week
  • Consider schedule of FGB calls (weekly vs. every other)
  • Lloyd to craft motion for TSC regarding FHIR review vs. approval?
  • Revisit extensibility issue as needed (Grahame)


Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.