20150930 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2015-09-30
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs Regrets David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Brian Scheller

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20150923_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Vote on Motions
      • Lloyd to review DSTU QA page for completeness against the QA spreadsheet
      • Lloyd to write up criteria for inclusion of content into DSTU 2.1 for discussion in Atlanta
    • Discussion
      • Atlanta agenda
      • Additional QA issues
      • Given that not all resources will be updating in DSTU 2.1, how do we manage the build environment?
      • Transitioning profile editing to Forge
      • What are the rules for FMM levels for pages and for profiles/IGs?
      • Adding constraints for dropping FMM levels
      • Where will the new implementer's channel be located; will it be affiliated with FHIR.org; will it be run by someone separate from HL7 or will HL7 run it?
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Agenda:
    • MOTION to approve by Brian Pech; second by John M.
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Minutes
    • MOTION to accept by Brian Post; second by Hans
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Action Items
    • Vote on Motions
      • MOTION by Lloyd to authorize two technical corrections to DSTU 1 to update it to point all the pages to DSTU 2 and flag it a non-authoritative version, and to authorize correction to FMM levels in the resources that were not updated to reflect values from the QA tracking spreadsheet. David seconds.
      • VOTE: All in favor
      • MOTION by David to approve edits to the FAQs and knowledge base articles distributed to FMG list two weeks ago. Second by Brian Post.
      • VOTE: all in favor
    • DSTU QA page - keep for next week
    • Criteria for inclusion of content into DSTU 2.1 has been written up and discussed in Atlanta
  • Atlanta Agenda:
    • Criteria for inclusion in 2.1
    • Source control management for 2.1 vs. 3.0 changes
    • Role of FMG in reviewing or approving FHIR-related PSSs
    • Transitioning profile editing to Forge
    • FMM levels
    • Finalizing timeline for 2.1
  • Discussion
    • QA issues with DSTU 2. Bugs in code that was handling the generation of the differential and snapshot views for profiles - many XML and JSON representations are broken. Structure definitions for profiles are wrong. Content is in the publication but it is not discoverable. Impacts core profiles and IG profiles. Question is: do we think it's reasonable and appropriate to authorize technical corrections to DSTU 2 to correct these issues?
      • MOTION to seek approval from John Quinn for a second technical correction by Hans. Second by Brian Pech.
      • VOTE: all in favor
    • Build environment for 2.1:
      • Its existence is because there were certain sets of content around workflow and in the financial space that weren't going to be resolved/ready/reviewed for 2.0. Will be finalizing rules for what content can be in 2.1 - some were proposed last week. Will be a limited release.
      • From a build environment perspective, we tag old releases so it is possible for us to make TCs to them if necessary but it is very challenging to merge two independently maintained versions together. One solution is that you can go through and approve change requests that are outside of the permitted scope for 2.1; if you do that we'll give you a special status that says deferred, and then apply them post-DSTU 2.1. It does mean that there won't be a preview version of what the content looks like until after 2.1 is out.
      • Discussion over the level of inconvenience caused by waiting. Discussion over potential timeline for 2.1 and added discussion of it to Atlanta agenda topics.
      • Paul states there may be more inconvenience to implementers doing it the way that has been proposed. Lloyd: one criteria for being included in 2.1 is if it's broken or there is no functional workaround.
      • Lloyd asks all to review the proposed criteria sent out last week before the WGM.
    • Transitioning profile editing to Forge:
      • We said you're not allowed to use Forge last time - you had to use spreadsheets. Tooling has matured enough that it should be okay now to start using Forge. Decision point will be the larger recommendation, which Lloyd thinks should be that WGs who want to use Forge can, but once they do so it won't be easy to get back into spreadsheet form. Those who are more comfortable with spreadsheets can for the time being.
  • Adjourned at 5:35 pm Eastern



Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20151014 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.