20150923 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2015-09-23
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
Regrets Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
Josh Mandel John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Brian Scheller

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20150916_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • All: Review and approve document edits and decide on which of the FAQs and articles should get written up for inclusion on the helpdesk site
      • Lloyd to review DSTU 2 QA page for completeness against the QA spreadsheet
      • Anne to add "Where will the new implementer's channel be located; will it be affiliated with FHIR.org; will it be run by someone separate from HL7 or will HL7 run it?" to 9/30 agenda so Grahame may be present
      • Anne to add publication request to TSC agenda for vote on call
    • Discussion Topics:
      • Should pages in DSTU 1 (and other releases) point to DSTU the DSTU 2 equivalent?
      • What are our criteria for inclusion of content in DSTU 2.1?
      • What are the rules for FMM levels for pages and for profiles/IGs?
      • Given that not all resources will be updating in DSTU 2.1, how do we manage the build environment?
      • Adding constraints for dropping FMM levels
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Minutes from last week
    • MOTION by Brian Post to accept the minutes; second by Brian Pech
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Action Items
    • All: Review and approve document edits and decide on which of the FAQs and articles should get written up for inclusion on the helpdesk site
      • Lloyd asks the group to identify which they would like to drop. 4 FAQs and 2 articles may be dropped. Group agrees to drop articles 6 and 13. FAQs: Drop 12, 14, 22, 28
      • MOTION to remove the FAQs and articles mentioned above by Paul; second by Brian Post.
      • VOTE: Lloyd abstains; none opposed; 3 in favor
    • Lloyd to review DSTU QA page for completeness against the QA spreadsheet
      • Add for next week
    • Anne to add "Where will the new implementer's channel be located; will it be affiliated with FHIR.org; will it be run by someone separate from HL7 or will HL7 run it?" to 9/30 agenda so Grahame may be present
      • Complete
    • Anne to add publication request to TSC agenda for vote on call
      • Complete and approved by TSC
  • Discussion Topics:
    • Should pages in DSTU 1 (and other releases) point to the DSTU 2 equivalent?
      • Lloyd feels this is a good thing to do, to point them to the current authoritative version.
      • Correct process would likely be to submit a technical correction to John Quinn for approval of the change.
    • What are our criteria for inclusion of content in DSTU 2.1?
      • Two impacts of change: 1) are we doing anything that is going to mess up implementers, and 2) If we make a change to the spec that go to ballot, we must consider comments.
      • We could say we will allow non-substantive change; we will allow substantive change that is not in our definition of significant; furthermore, changes must be driven by quality criteria. Suggestion by Brian Post that substantive work could be done on material that is FMM 0 but all else needs to be QA based. If there is a substantial change to an element that is on track to going normative in release 3, it must come to FMG.
      • Lloyd to write this up for discussion in Atlanta
    • MOTION by Lloyd to adjourn. Adjourned at 5:32pm Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lloyd to review DSTU QA page for completeness against the QA spreadsheet
  • Lloyd to write up criteria for inclusion of content into DSTU 2.1 for discussion in Atlanta
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • What are the rules for FMM levels for pages and for profiles/IGs?
  • Given that not all resources will be updating in DSTU 2.1, how do we manage the build environment?
  • Adding constraints for dropping FMM levels

20150930 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.