20150909 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2015-09-09
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
x Josh Mandel Regrets John Moehrke x Brian Pech x Calvin Beebe
x Brian Scheller, Mario Hyland

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20150902_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • David to remove people who have not responded from the Skype chat
      • Lloyd to review DSTU 2 QA page for completeness against the QA spreadsheet
  • Discussion Topics
    • Technical correction on search field: Encounter search parameter length should be of type quantity not number
    • How to we add the review of profiles against resources by the WGs responsible for those resources into the timeline process
    • DSTU Publication request
    • Fixing xpaths that are broken in invariants
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

Called to order at 4:08 pm

  • MOTION to approve last week's minutes by Lloyd; second by Brian Pech
  • VOTE: all in favor
  • Action items
    • David to remove people who have not responded from the Skype chat: David removed people this morning.
    • Lloyd to review DSTU 2 QA page for completeness against the QA spreadsheet: Lloyd has not completed it as of yet but will continue to make tweaks; leave for next week.
  • Discussion Topics
    • Technical correction on search field: Encounter search parameter length should be of type quantity not number:
      • Grahame notes it is technically broken and is a QA issue. Proposal to change definition to no longer say days and change number to quantity. Lloyd states that is okay as long as the description is updated too. Paul notes that the owning committee must also accept the change.
      • MOTION to accept the change by Brian Post; second by Lloyd
      • VOTE: all in favor
    • How to we add the review of profiles against resources by the WGs responsible for those resources into the timeline process
      • add to future agenda
    • DSTU Publication request
      • Need to approve this to go to the TSC. Do we want to approve it now before we have sufficient withdrawals? Or should we approve it next week on the 16th? Grahame suggests that we should personally email the folks who haven't withdrawn. Lloyd will send out a second request tomorrow evening. If there is still an issue he will reach out to individuals. David volunteers to help as needed.
      • MOTION that if all necessary changes are made to the publication request that we go forward with requesting publication by Paul. Second by Lloyd.
      • VOTE: Brian abstains. 4 in favor. 0 opposed.
    • Fixing xpaths that are broken in invariants:
      • One xpath was not consistent with the text and would cause major problems.
      • MOTION by Lloyd that in places where xpaths are technically incorrect, we can fix those as a technical correction rather than considering them to be substantive. Paul seconds.
      • VOTE: All in favor.
    • FHIR.org confusion - will it be owned by HL7 or will it be a complementary site fun independently?
      • Chuck said to the TSC that FHIR.org is not an organization; it's just a website that points back at HL7
      • Grahame: FHIR.org is different than HL7.org. The spec will live on HL7.org. The HL7 wiki won't change. FHIR.org will support the activities around implementation; forums, discussion, publication of registries of use, home for the reference administration process. Paul: is FHIR.org a separate corporate entity? Grahame: FHIR.org will have a FHIR Foundation which is the administrative home for FHIR.org activities. It would be a 506c (?) satellite organization of HL7. HL7 has a controlling position on the board but it is separate from HL7. Brian Pech notes that the relationship will need to be made clear to HL7 stakeholders as there is still much confusion.
      • Question over registry - lack of clarity as to who is doing the registry.
      • Paul questions pointing to FHIR.org registry in the spec as it doesn't exist yet. Grahame states that when it does exist, updates need to be made without having to go through HL7 technical correction process. Paul proposes that we just don't point to a site until it exists. Discussion over pointing to an HL7.org page that redirects once the page exists. Josh: Why don't we leave it out of the spec completely?
      • MOTION: Lloyd moves that what is currently pointing to FHIR.org/registry will now point to HL7.org/fhir/registry. The content there is not subject to ballot and is owned by FMG. Paul seconds.
      • VOTE: All in favor.
    • Where will the new implementer's channel be located; will it be affiliated with FHIR.org; will it be run by someone separate from HL7 or will HL7 run it?
      • discourse.FHIR.org is what Grahame would propose to use.
      • Paul has concerns about ANSI obligations of transparency. Grahame states there is no obligation for transparency for implementers. Conversation table for today; ACTION to add to next week.
    • Security
      • Security WG has asked that two of their resources to draft: Audit and Provenance. They will clean them up for the January DSTU.
      • Question/discussion about criteria for moving from FMM 4 to 5
      • Who signs off on the scopes being done? Suggestion that the WG is responsible.
      • Lloyd will send out email to WGs today reminding them that 1) if they have outstanding warnings, they've got 4 or 5 days left to get those clear or be dropped to draft and 2) look at QA checklist and, if aiming for level 4 or higher, make sure scopes tab is complete. Will also send out appeal to those in production to let us know what resources they are using. Grahame will send out same call on implementers list.

Adjourned at 5:37 pm Eastern

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lloyd to review DSTU 2 QA page for completeness against the QA spreadsheet
  • Lloyd will send out email to WGs reminding them that 1) if they have outstanding warnings, they've got 4 or 5 days left to get those clear or be dropped to draft and 2) look at QA checklist and, if aiming for level 4 or higher, make sure scopes tab is complete. Will also send out appeal to those in production to let us know what resources they are using.
  • Grahame will send out same call on implementers list.


Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20150916 FMG concall

  • How to we add the review of profiles against resources by the WGs responsible for those resources into the timeline process
  • Policy around FHIR-related project proposals that go to TSC without FMG approval
  • Will the FMG be an interested party/cosponsor of the ArB project to map FHIR specs to the RIM? Should FIWG be leading the project?
  • Where will the new implementer's channel be located; will it be affiliated with FHIR.org; will it be run by someone separate from HL7 or will HL7 run it?



Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.