20150819 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2015-08-19
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
Josh Mandel x John Moehrke Brian Pech x Grahame Grieve
x Todd Cooper x Brian Scheller

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20150812_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
  • Action items
    • David to run list of profiles in current ballot to determine which are approved and which are generic extension-defining profiles
    • Lloyd will contact WG to determine whether they want GenomicVariantObservation to be a resource or a profile
    • Lloyd will reach out to the FGB for them to discuss the process for implementer feedback
    • Hans to find out the existing rules for non-member participation in a ballot
      • Participating in a single line item on the ballot site (and subsequent cycles completing that one ballot line item) is $400. It apparently was upped to that when IP became free, but have not heard much resistance to date. This will be an interesting topic of debate as we discuss how to further engage implementers who are not members into the FHIR voting process. Clearly an FBG, TSC, and Board topic.
    • Review the ArB PSS regarding the RDF linkage to the RIM project scope statement. Once the PSS gets FMG approval, it goes on to the TSC for their approval
    • Paul to provide an update from the USRSC meeting
  • Discussion Topics
    • Contact people on the Skype chat list who aren’t active in FHIR.
    • Dave Hamill/Paul Knapp - Ask an FMG member to join the USRSC call (Tuesday 1pm) to provide what resources/infrastructure will be included in the DSTU publication.
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Addition to agenda: discussion of devices with Todd, US Realm with Paul/Austin, David to update on Skype chat
  • Hans moves to accept amended agenda; David seconds.
  • Todd Cooper on Device proposals: DeviceAlert, Capabilities, Log, Metric, UseRequest, and UseStatement; also Medical Device Alarms and Control
    • PSS 1103 covers Medical Device Alarms and Control; will be updated going into fall meetings. Will remain as pending.
    • DeviceAlert can be deleted.
    • DeviceCapabilities and Log are also old and can be deleted; were rolled into DeviceComponent which will be part of DSTU 2. Lloyd - will they be draft or part of the DSTU? Todd will confirm but his understanding is that the intent is that it is ready for DSTU. Lloyd states if that is so, FMG needs to approve it.
    • UseRequest and Statement came from Clinical Decision Support and they will be left at draft for now.
    • DeviceMetric is at the same status as DeviceCapabilities. Todd gives overview of the resource. Lloyd advises to provide an explanation of how it is distinct from Observation and DataElement.
      • MOTION to approve DeviceMetric by Hans; second by David.
      • VOTE: Josh and Brian Post abstain. No objections. 4 in favor.
  • MOTION to approve last week's minutes by David; second by Hans with update that Brian mentioned he thought the member cost was $400 to purchase a vote.
  • VOTE: all in favor
  • David to run list of approved profiles: he is having issues as he can't determine which are extensions. Lloyd volunteers to work with him on it.
  • Lloyd reached out to Clinical Genomics and they want VariantObservation to be a profile.
    • Reviewed pending GenomicVariantObservation Profile proposal.
    • MOTION to approve for inclusion in FHIR core by David; second by Hans.
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • DeviceMetricObservation Profile proposal:
    • MOTION to approve by Hans; second by Brian Post.
    • VOTE: all in favor
  • Discussion over HSPC IGs and rules about what is core and what is not. And for what is not, what should show up? We are publishing material balloted by us, balloted by others, or not balloted at all. We have rules in the GOM guiding this process, except for cases where we're providing recognition of externally developed material.
    • Policy process needs to be developed but will not be in place before we publish in September.
    • In the build process right now, the stuff that is not HL7 is Argonaut, HSPC, and NITA (sp?). And what about IHE? We could take those items out, but there are political ramifications, especially for Argonaut and HSPC. Josh: we could just publish alongside - it's not exactly yanking. They could appear under a separate heading apart from the specification.
    • Grahame joins. Content that is not subject to HL7 ballot is part of the build for QA on those projects but they will not appear in final published version. IGs that are subject to ballot will be part of published spec. SDC, DAF, and QI Core will publish separately once the framework for that is complete. Need to have policy around what links are in the spec.
    • Three things we offer: 1) being hosted under HL7.org/FHIR, 2) being linked to from within the FHIR core spec, and 3) being incorporated in the build process such that your content shows up there. Grahame adds we have some content not being published in the build on the HL7 website.
    • MOTION to leave a content page for Argonaut with a redirect by Hans; second by David.
    • VOTE: John M. abstains, 3 in favor
  • David on Skype: a few have volunteered to be removed. David will send Ewout those he can remove for the time being until we have a replacement; at that point they will be invited to rejoin.
  • Lloyd reached out to FGB for implementer feedback; they will do so at a later date.
  • Hans handled the non-member participation in ballot.
  • ArB PSS was reviewed and there will be lots of changes made before FMG reviews.
  • Paul on US realm meeting:
  • Connectathon:



Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lloyd to work with David on running the list of approved profiles
  • David to send Ewout a list of those who can be removed from SkypeChat
  • Paul to provide an update from the USR-SC meeting
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20150826 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.