20150817 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157

Date: 2015-08-17
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Note taker(s): Dave Hamill
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
Woody Beeler X Lorraine Constable X Grahame Grieve David Hay
X Dave Shaver Ewout Kramer Cecil Lynch (ArB) Lloyd McKenzie (FMG)
X John Quinn . Calvin Beebe .
observers/guests Austin Kreisler
X Dave H., scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20150727 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
  • Discussion Topics
    • Update from last Tuesday's call discussing Reconciliation of FHIR time and ballot issues (ONC slide deck)
    • Issue from Chuck to discuss re Georgia Tech's request to use FHIR in product name plus slide deck / questions from ONC to respond to
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-

Minutes

  • Started 3:07 PM ET
  • Motion to approve 2015-07-27 minutes by Quinn; seconded by Constable. Minutes approved.
  • Issue from Chuck to discuss: Georgia Tech's request to use FHIR in product name
    • Grahame believes it’s an Executive Committee issue as it’s a trademarked term.
    • John indicated that the EC is not meeting this week due to MedInfo in Brazil. John believes a discussion with the EC is needed, but it won’t occur until next week.
    • Dave Shaver also believes it’s an EC trademark question.
    • The team's final stance was: We do not want to express our opinion without a written policy; we escalate it to the EC to propose a policy.
  • Update from last Tuesday's call discussing Reconciliation of FHIR time and ballot issues (ONC slide deck)
    • Last Tuesday's call was to review the powerpoint slide deck containing issues from the ONC.
    • Ken has asked Lorraine to come back with a slide or two addressing the issues brought forth by the ONC.
    • The following summarizes the team's discussion regarding each of the ONC's slides:
      • Lorraine mentioned there was a training issue with using GForge.
      • Timeline issue: Grahame confirmed that the date has not changed. Also, in today’s TSC call, the TSC approved a request for a couple of FHIR related items to have a delayed ballot opening of September 1, 2015 based on the August 31 FHIR deadline.
      • ONC requested that the timeline communication be more visible.
        • Grahame wondered who would manage the page reflecting the timeline? FGB agreed that the FMG would be the group to do that.
      • Suggested Mitigation Strategies
        • It’d be great to have more resources to address this concern, but that’s not a feasible quick solution. Lorraine agrees that we should echo the need to be appropriate resources, and that we’re a volunteer organization.
      • Overall Process Concerns
        • Some of these issues are perceptions, some are strong personalities and some stem from communication problems. The FGB will try to address specific concerns where possible. Most committees are trying to be transparent, and when items are re-opened, they are going through the appropriate processes.
        • Grahame would like to repurpose the Sunday Q4 tutorial at the Atlanta WGM in October, 2015
      • General Architecture Issues
        • This discussion centered around Implementation Guides and GForge
  • Adjourned at 5:05pm ET

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Dave to send Lorraine his notes.
  • Lorraine to use them to create her responses.
  • Dave to send the slide deck to John Quinn
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.