20150812 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2015-08-12
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Dave Hamill
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs X David Hay X Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
X Hans Buitendijk X Brian Postlethwaite X Paul Knapp X Dave Hamill, scribe
X Josh Mandel John Moehrke Regrets Brian Pech X Brian Scheller
X Calvin Beebe
.
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20150805_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
  • Action items
    • David to reach out to Devices and invite them to an upcoming call to discuss proposals
    • Lloyd will add to the QA tracking spreadsheet some places for WGs to capture the remaining criteria
    • Hans to talk with O&O regarding SupplyResource going forward as draft
    • Lloyd to send out solicitation for QA volunteers
    • David to run list of profiles in current ballot to determine which are approved and which are generic extension-defining profiles
    • Lloyd will contact WG to determine whether they want GenomicVariantObservation to be a resource or a profile
  • Discussion Topics
    • Process for implementer feedback for FMM 4 and FMM 5 breaking changes
    • Example contexts for every thing level 4 and above
    • Dave Hamill - Ask an FMG member to join the USRSC call (Tuesday 1pm) to provide what resources/infrastructure will be included in the DSTU publication.
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Motion to approve Minutes from 20150805_FMG_concall
    • Motion to approve by Hans; Lloyd seconds; Hans abstains; Approved 3-0-1
  • Action items
    • David to reach out to Devices and invite them to an upcoming call to discuss proposals
      • Dave did invite Todd
    • Lloyd will add to the QA tracking spreadsheet some places for WGs to capture the remaining criteria
      • Ready for review later on today’s call
    • Hans to talk with O&O regarding SupplyResource going forward as draft
      • Hans did talk to OO; there won’t be any issues with going forward as a draft.
    • Lloyd to send out solicitation for QA volunteers
      • Lloyd will put together a draft and send it out to the Skype chat for their review; upon approval will issue.
    • David to run list of profiles in current ballot to determine which are approved and which are generic extension-defining profiles
      • Not yet done. Keep this on the action list for next week
    • Lloyd will contact WG to determine whether they want GenomicVariantObservation to be a resource or a profile
      • Lloyd has not heard back so he’ll follow up again. Keep this on the action list for next week
  • Discussion Topics
    • Process for implementer feedback for FMM 4 and FMM 5 breaking changes
      • Would not make it member-only, as there are a lot of people that will implement FHIR that aren’t members. Hans brought up the risk that we would be having non-members voting, which could be a slippery slope. Hans clarified that ballot voters are open to non-members, but those non-members voters need to purchase a vote (Hans thought it was about $50-$100)
      • Lloyd isn’t opposed to having a fee similar to the ballot. We still need to determine how to identify the pool of implementer voters as he would ideally like the only implementers to vote. Hans suggests that we keep it to the ballot pool.
      • Lloyd: It’d be useful to have Grahame on one of our calls to get his vision of this.
      • David: Is this an FGB issue rather than an FMG issue? Hans felt it was also a Board issue, and a TSC issue.
      • Lloyd will reach out to the FGB for them to discuss; before making anything official, the FMG will review it.
    • Example contexts for every thing level 4 and above
    • Contact people on the Skype chat list who aren’t active in FHIR.
      • David Hay did reach out to 20 or so people and didn’t get any response from them.
        • Motion: David to send out skype messages those that who are on the Implementeers Skype Chat but who hasn’t posted in 2+ years; they have to positively respond to remain on the list, otherwise they will removed from the chat. David will convey they can monitor the chat via a means that Josh set up.
        • Motion by Lloyd; David Hay seconded; Unanimously approved:
        • David Hay to draft the message and send it to FMG for review/approval.
    • Dave Hamill/Paul Knapp - Ask an FMG member to join the USRSC call (Tuesday 1pm) to provide what resources/infrastructure will be included in the DSTU publication.
      • USRSC is asking that the timeline be ‘resent’ or posted on the HL7.org website somewhere. Lloyd updated the FHIR Ballot link to reflect the timeline more clearly.
      • Lloyd cannot attend the USRSC call on Tuesday; Lloyd to send Paul Knapp the URL containing the dates; and areas of concerns and areas that are fine; Paul will convey this info to the USRSC

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lloyd will reach out to the FGB for them to discuss the process for implementer feedback
  • Hans to find out the existing rules for non-member participation in a ballot
  • Review the ArB PSS regarding the RDF linkage to the RIM project scope statement. Once the PSS gets FMG approval, it goes on to the TSC for their approval
  • Lloyd to send Paul Knapp the URL containing the dates; and areas of concerns and areas that are fine; Paul will convey this info to the USRSC.
  • Lloyd to send out the link to the FHIR DSTU 2 QA Tracker:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18HfXF7mUCUV7jACCG0oejFp6D-ibtvbmcgywNhn76lw/edit#gid=0

Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20150819 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.