20150610 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2015-06-10
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs Regrets David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Brian Scheller

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20150603_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
  • Approval Request
  • Discussion Topics
    • Numbering rules for DSTU releases
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
      • Confirm tracks
    • FGB
    • MnM –
    • FMG Liaisons
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Called to order at 4:07.
  • MOTION by Hans to approve agenda; Josh seconds. VOTE: All in favor
  • MOTION to approve minutes from last call by Hans; second by Brian Pech. VOTE: Abstentions: Brian Post and John Moehrke;
  • Terminology QA Project review:
    • Hans states that the first sentence is unclear. Inserted the word vocabulary in the first sentence of project scope.
    • Lloyd further describes the project and its intentions. Replaces or enhances the harmonization process – Hans suggests adding that language as well in the scope.
    • Will likely involve updates to the GOM if the GOM includes references to the harmonization process. WG will want to allow time for resulting GOM changes.
    • MOTION to approve with proposed changes and FMG as cosponsor by Hans; second by Brian Pech.
    • VOTE: Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 In favor: all
  • FHIR Ontology and RDF Resource Representation Project:
    • Lloyd describes the project. Hans asks – from a resource consumption perspective…will this third track impact other deliverables in the short term? Lloyd: no intention that this would be included in DSTU 2. It is a candidate for DSTU 2.1 but that will be determined later. Not something that is going to drive effort between now and the end of August.
    • Hans states we should note that the project is low priority for this phase either in the document or simply here in the minutes. Lloyd states it will have zero impact on clinical and administrative WGs. Lloyd says we’ll note that scope for DSTU 2.1 will be finalized in September and the request for inclusion of this project has been registered.
    • MOTION by Josh to approve; Brian Post seconds.
    • VOTE: Opposed: 0 Abstained: 0 In favor: all
  • Numbering rules issue:
    • Lloyd send out a request for change to the HL7 version numbering policy. May also have to send request for doing a limited release in DSTU. DSTU requires that the versions be integers and that the versions change whenever there is a technical correction or DSTU update.
    • The issue is that it will affect the implementers; we have committed that we will give them a decent length of time with each DSTU release to test it and make sure it works, as well as have a high likelihood of interoperability. DSTU 1 is actually 1.2 based on the rules.
    • Proposal is that we should allow DSTUs to have a three part version number, where part 1 is the major release, part 2 is for a limited release or a major DSTU update, and part 3 is for technical and minor DSTU updates. This allow implementers to see at a glance what is happening with a particular release.
    • Discussion: DSTU versioning and normative versioning are independent. ANSI rules govern normative versioning. John Moehrke: If we think out a couple of years, it’s only through the standards definitions that we understand what those things are. We won’t be using build numbers. The implementers should expect changes, and we can explain what is changed even within the current DSTU numbering system. Lloyd states that there is value in conveying a general sense of what the update means through the numbering system. Discussion over internal versioning. Lloyd has a request to get all of the versioning rules, including internal and normative, which he will use to update to this document. There is a set of requirements that the TSC has and a set of requirements from implementers; will work to find something that works for both communities.
    • Lloyd will bring back the document next week.
  • Connectathon tracks:
    • Several proposals have been brought forward. Standing patient track, terminology services. Desire to do financial, orders workflow piece, and structured data capture. Brian Post requests to add scheduling from PA. Lloyd is concerned about doing too much. Discussion over coordinators for each track. Group agrees to tentatively go with those six. Will check with Grahame to make sure there are no other commitments before confirming. Aim to finalize by end of the month. Brian Pech will begin putting a wiki page together.
  • FGB: spent most of the time talking about version IDs. There was also some discussion about US Realm and whether they are allowed to vote on things/own dispositioning things or if that has to be done by the WGs under the advisement of US Realm.
  • Lloyd is working on an instructional wiki page on using the gforge tracker, as well as a transform where you can view tracker items of interest. Also working on the ability to extract everything in the tracker to XML including comments that don’t appear on the XML report. Will make it available on Google Drive so people can drive their own reporting, analysis, filtering, etc.
    • Gforge folks think they have a fix for the endless escaping resolution stuff – there will be downtime on Friday to apply the fix.
  • Next week will talk about QA expectations for being able to be in DSTU 2 as non-draft.
  • Call ended at 5:32.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lloyd to continue work on the version numbering change request document and bring back for group review next week.
  • Brian Pech will start work on the Wiki page for the Connectathon
  • Lloyd to continue work on Gforge instructional Wiki page and tracker extraction tool
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20150617 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.