20150608 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157

Date: 2015-06-08
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
Woody Beeler Lorraine Constable x Grahame Grieve David Hay
x Dave Shaver x Ewout Kramer x Cecil Lynch (ArB) x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG)
Ron Parker x John Quinn . Calvin Beebe
observers/guests Paul Knapp
Ken McCaslin
Anne W., scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20150601 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • John Q. to discuss Argonaut issues with Ken and Chuck and report back to TSC and FGB
    • Grahame and Lloyd to create a list of items that are not being transitioned to FIWG
    • Calvin to take back to TSC and US Realm the issue of realm content coordination
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    1. Conformity Assessment

Minutes

  • Convened at 4:02 pm
  • Addition to agenda: discussion of ballot level of core content vs. ballot level of profiles that are based on core content.
  • Addition to agenda: version IDs
  • Meeting minutes: MOTION by Grahame to approve; second by Lloyd. VOTE: Abstentions: Cecil Opposed: 0 In favor: All
  • John Q. discussion with Chuck re: Argonaut issues. The registry is not a project being done by FHIR.org. Grahame states that he and Chuck would be the people to address questions. Some of the decisions are Board/executive level, but TSC, EST, etc. also have interest in these work products and should be apprised of progress. Ken will contact Chuck regarding an update for the TSC.
  • List of items not being transitioned to FIWG: carry forward to next week
  • Calvin taking back realm content coordination to TSC and US Realm: carry forward to next week. Discussion over US Realm Task Force and how things should be brought forward to it. Can the US Realm Task Force vote on dispositions? Ken responds that is not their task. Grahame bring up an example of reorganizing the US realm IGs and they are all dependent upon each other. In order to make it obvious which is FHIR content and which is US realm, he needs as US Realm profile. If he creates a US Realm IG, who owns that? Paul states it should be the WG that is responsible for the topic of the IG. Discussion over the feasibility of that suggestion. Grahame will write that up for discussion on the next US Realm call and Anne will add to US Realm agenda.
  • Version IDs: Lloyd sent out a draft document to FGB and FMG for review. Stems from version numbering policy that the TSC has for DSTU releases, which is that they must be sequential integers. Lloyd has concerns about this that were outlined in the document. They would like to do an interim release between DSTU 2 and DSTU 3 called DSTU 2.1. It would not be a full release. When updates are made for technical corrections, that action is in fact expected to attach a minor version number. Ken states that a proposal can be submitted to change the guidelines but it is possible that changes won’t be approved on FHIR’s publishing timeline for the next release. Discussion over difference between numbering releases for DSTUs and normative ballots. Grahame asks about the definition of incremental release. Ken states that hasn’t been defined; you either do a release (balloted) or technical corrections/errata (unballoted). Either a DSTU publication or update. Lloyd states they want to do a DSTU that goes to ballot but it will be limited scope, so voters will not be able to comment on the full scope of content in the spec. He and Grahame will put together a request to the TSC. Add to the agenda for next week’s call. Dave notes his regrets for next week – John Q. agrees to chair next week’s call.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Grahame and Lloyd to create a list of items that are not being transitioned to FIWG
  • Calvin to take back to TSC and US Realm the issue of realm content coordination; Anne to add to US Realm agenda
  • Lloyd and Grahame to put together request to TSC regarding version numbering policy
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.