20150603 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2015-mm-dd
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
x John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
Hans Buitendijk Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
Regrets Josh Mandel John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Jocelyn Keegan

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20150527_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • David to draft request for feedback from implementers on implementation guides
      • Lloyd to address the issue of the volume of QA work with committers in terms of 2.1 timeline
      • Paul to discuss numbering rules (2.1 vs 3) on upcoming TSC call
  • PSS Review:
    • Project Approval Request for 'Develop FHIR Sequence Resource for Clinical Genomics' from the Clinical Genomics WG of DESD
    • Project Approval Request for 'Terminology Quality Development and Governance Processes' from the Vocabulary WG of FTSD
  • Discussion Topics:
    • Review and vet maturity model
    • FHIR messaging channel and publicizing it
    • FHIR registry
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Guest Jocelyn Keegan here to observe.
  • Agenda review: add timeline for DSTU 2 content. MOTION to accept by Lloyd; second by Paul.
  • Minutes from 5/27: MOTION by Paul to accept; second by Lloyd. VOTE: none abstained or opposed; in favor: all
  • Action items:
    • David drafted notice to implementers. Reviewed draft and Lloyd’s suggested edits. MOTION to approve edited version by Lloyd; second by Paul. VOTE: none abstained or opposed; in favor – all.
    • Lloyd to address issue of volume of QA work with committers: he hasn’t talked to them about QA work but has feedback from pharmacy that they are iffy, OO is very iffy, and Patient Care is also unlikely to be ready. FHIR Infrastructure is concerned. Likely won’t be able to go forward with publishing until September as material probably won’t be ready until August. 2.1 is planned to be published in spring of 2016. Discussion over any issues around timing/material for October Connectathon related to delay of 2.0. Paul: do they need more time because of volume or the changes that need to be made? Lloyd: the biggest constraint on time seems to be about committee time. Discussion over how to track progress. MOTION by Lloyd to formally adjust the date for final content for DSTU 2 to end of August this year with the expectation that we then begin the QA process, and send out an email to co-chairs and FHIR announcing that intent explaining that it is driven by the volume of comments, as well as a request for volunteers who want to assist in making changes with intent to publish in mid to late September. Second by John Q. VOTE: None opposed or abstained; in favor – all.
    • Connectathon in Australia – David mentions that we need to formally approve it. MOTION to approve by Lloyd; Paul seconds. VOTE: None opposed or abstained; in favor – all.
    • Paul will address numbering rules on upcoming TSC call
  • PSS Review:
    • Clinical Genomics: Discussion over timeline; would it be in the version after 2.1? Discussion over process for how net new material gets in to upcoming versions. Lloyd sent guidelines out to WGs. Lloyd states we’ll send out the schedule change for DSTU 2, and then figure out and promote the workflow piece for DSTU 2.x. David suggests combining the messages to include both opportunities and the criteria for each. Regarding this PSS and its timelines: we will contact the WG that inclusion in DSTU 2.1 requires special dispensation from FMG based on implementer requirement – they need to initiate that process if they want to be in 2.1. MOTION to approve the PSS by Lloyd; second by John. VOTE: None opposed or abstained; in favor – all.
    • Terminology Quality Development and Governance Processes: Project is creating a management process. Edited to reflect cosponsor as FHIR Management Group. Suggestion to change governance to management throughout the document as they are defining processes and rules, not the high level precepts. MOTION to accept with changes by Llloyd; second by Paul. VOTE: None opposed or abstained; in favor – all.
  • Maturity Model: Group reviewed the model located at http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR_Maturity_Model. Model is aimed at resources. FMM2 should be an international Connectathon. FMM3: discussion over potentially confusing wording. Lloyd updated the wording to clarify. FMM5: are implementations on 3 independent production systems sufficient? MOTION to approve updated model by Lloyd; second by Brian with the understanding that it is a first cut subject to revision. Paul states that we should explain that it is a short form aid to the viewer and that the list is subject to modification over time. Lloyd updated to reflect. VOTE: None opposed or abstained; in favor – all.
  • Call adjourned at 5:42.



Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20150610 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.