20150511 FGB WGM

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: Apogee 6

Date: 2015-05-10
Time: 7:00 - 8:00 am
Facilitator: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
Woody Beeler x Lorraine Constable x Grahame Grieve x David Hay
x Dave Shaver Ewout Kramer Cecil Lynch (ArB) x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG)
Ron Parker . John Quinn x Calvin Beebe
observers/guests Austin Kreisler
Anne W., scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • General governance precepts
  • Ballot-related governance issues?
  • Acting chair
  • Ask John to formally nominate Calvin

Minutes

  • Lorraine expires as acting co-chair after this meeting; makes sense to continue. How far to extend? Lloyd suggests until the next WGM or until Woody returns. MOTION by Lloyd to adopt that strategy; second by Calvin. VOTE: Opposed – 0 Abstained – 0 IN favor - All
  • MOTION: by Lorraine to ask John to formally nominate Calvin; second by Lloyd. VOTE: Opposed – 0 Abstained – 0 IN favor - All
  • TSC update: Lloyd report that TSC approved the FIWG. Request that Grahame and Lloyd create a list that are not being transitioned to that group so nothing falls through the cracks.
  • Ballot related governance: Risk in ballot comments – most are just process, but some are outside of our capacity to deal with as they apply to US Realm. TSC is investigating best way to solve this problem. Grahame will be emailing Ken this morning with a complete description of the issues with examples for discussion this week. Calvin suggests that perhaps it should go to FIWG. Discussion ensues regarding best place to take these issues such as the race and ethnicity issue. Discussion over the current scope of US Realm Task Force; it is serving its purpose but is in the process of being transitioned. Could be added to their mission and charter that is being reviewed on Thursday.
  • Lloyd has sent a reminder to editors regarding realm specific issues.
  • Ballot related governance: dealing with comments regarding value sets. No other cross-committee issues thus far in the review.
  • Reviewed the draft of the new US Realm board committee. It is currently restrictive to oversight. Grahame suggests that perhaps there should be a separate US Realm management group that deals with content. Concerns about coverage/volunteer bandwidth. Should new group take on governance and management? Or should it task the management to another group? Will add to the Wednesday TSC lunch agenda for discussion. Group talks about having US Realm assign issues to existing management groups by topic/standard. Calvin: are you moving toward a model where FHIR management work is isolated to the realms? Grahame says no, he’s looking for a model where tasks are turned over to appropriate management groups. Lloyd: does FMG have any kind of significant role in development activities of different realms? Lorraine: most realms don’t bring their regional stuff up for TSC review. Calvin: for purposes of publication, FMG is handling. For purposes of realm content coordination – that’s what we’re discussing. Calvin will take this back to TSC/US Realm.
  • Adjourned at 7:55 am


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Grahame and Lloyd to create a list of items that are not being transitioned to FIWG.
  • Calvin to take back to TSC/US Realm the issue of realm content coordination
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.