20150422 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2015-04-22
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs Regrets David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
Hans Buitendijk Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech x Austin Kreisler
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20150415_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Lloyd to update change request to split supply into two compartments and note other FMG questions, and also contact Eric to coordinate with OO
    • Discussion Topics
      • WGs with too many resources
      • FHIR registry
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Called to order at 4:09
  • MOTION to approve agenda by Brian Post; Brian Pech seconds. VOTE: None opposed or abstained. In favor: All
  • MOTION to approve minutes by Brian Post; second by Josh. VOTE: None opposed; Josh and John abstain. VOTE: remainder in favor
  • Issue of call next week: Lloyd will send out note to determine availability – will also include the call on the 6th.
  • Lloyd chatted with OO and they are making progress splitting into two resources.
  • WGs that have a high workload from a resource perspective: three WGs cover most of the resources…OO, Patient Care, Pharmacy and PA. How can we organize things so they’re not so much under the gun? Josh: we need a prioritization system, a tracking system to determine if the WGs are doing the work on time, and also a reassignment system. Discussion over how those items would be developed/managed with some dashboard data. What level of priority should we put on creating the dashboard? Next stress point will be getting reconciliation and outstanding tracker items complete prior to publication of DSTU. Brian feels it’s worth the effort. Lloyd has concerns about getting data out of SVN. Josh has experience doing that. Lloyd is working on getting highly manual process used to generate reconciliation spreadsheet to the point where it runs automatically. Will look for some volunteers to help within these committees.
  • FHIR registry – Paul not present to discuss. Lloyd not sure of the status. Brian Post shares a Furore registry he came upon. We’ll discuss further in Paris, as well as at what point forge will be sufficiently feature complete.
  • Connectathon: 50 registered so far. Remote access will be available.
  • FGB: FGB has been looking at precepts around the whole publication process. Discussion around expectations for maintaining historical versions. Calvin Beebe is now a member of FGB as is Cecil Lynch. There is going to be some discussion next week with the PLA group as well as in Paris during Sunday lunch re: plans for setting up a HL7-wide standards governance board. FCWG has been tied to that for some reason. Paul thinks the TSC may bless the FCWG before Paris. Lloyd states that would be ideal.
  • Profile Proposals:
    • ConsentDirective: Discussion over usefulness and complexity of the profile. Brian states that it could be more basic than it is. Lloyd comments that what most systems do that capture consent don’t map to this; in general we try to adhere to what existing systems do. Paul states that his feeling is that we are doing this inconsistently. Extended discussion over principles of resource/profile boundaries. Question is do we accept this as a profile? MOTION: Brian Post moves to approve ConsentDirective as a profile of contract. Paul seconds. John asks if it is potentially a solution to not accept it as a profile but ask that it goes back as a resource? Lloyd’s question is – is this a structure that Epic, Cerner, McKesson and others will recognize as reflective of the 80%? VOTE: No objections or abstentions. Motion passes to allow it to go forward as a profile. Paul suggests looking at two levels of profile as one way to address Lloyd’s concerns. Lloyd states we need to start with trivial and then extend out to complex. John suggests we move value and terms into extensions.

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Call for volunteers to help high-workload committees
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20150527 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.