20150420 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157

Date: 2015-04-20
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
Woody Beeler x Lorraine Constable Grahame Grieve David Hay
Dave Shaver Ewout Kramer x Cecil Lynch (ArB) x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG)
Ron Parker . John Quinn x Calvin Beebe
observers/guests Austin Kreisler
Anne W., scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20150406 FGB concall
  • Action Item review:
    • Review/discuss Policy and Governance Document
  • Discussion Topics
    • Paris Agenda
    • Joint meeting re: formation of Standards Governance Board
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    1. Conformity Assessment

Minutes

  • 4:10: quorum not yet; began reviewing Policy and Governance Document with submitted changes.
    • Question regarding use of HQ vs. HL7 in certain areas. Change in Point 2.
    • Lloyd will check with Lynn/Andy re: publication process and differences between FHIR and other standards. Is separation of duties a requirement or an artifact? Is our process sustainable and extendable for Grahame? Generally content creation, balloting, and publishing are separate. Some of this is covered in #6.
    • Point 7: Some of these issues are covered now by posting minutes and Skype chat. Should edit to include information in the tracker. Lloyd: for major engagement points that include management and governance decisions, there should be a logging process for those. Those are covered by minutes/skype chats. We may want to have a principle that guides alternate communication vehicles. Changes to content in the specification need to be managed through the tracker, and we would have to define the boundaries. Cecil: Some of us can’t run Skype due to company policy. Lorraine: we do need to make sure we make announcements via at least two channels.
    • Point 8: Perhaps should say HL7-International authored content rather than “sources.”
    • Point 9: This will be covered by FCWG once it is created.
  • Joint meeting with PLA – would like to meet next Monday and sometime during the WG meeting. Lloyd suggests Sunday lunch. Anne to invite Mary Kay/Paul to Monday’s call as Grahame is available.
  • Lorraine reports that TSC wants to launch FCWG in tandem with SGB. Lloyd wants to be a formal WG before Paris. FHIR Core is a content development WG that doesn’t change FMG or FGB; not understanding the delay.
  • Acting chair issue: Lorraine’s acting chair role ends in the Paris meeting. We should add this to the agenda for Paris. Lorraine is out from 5/4 and then not home until the second week of June. Will need to sort out ongoing responsibilities.
  • FMG has been going through remaining resource proposals. Nothing major.
  • Now that quorum has been met, minutes from last week reviewed. Lloyd moves to approve minutes as posted; Ewout seconds. None opposed; Cecil abstains.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Anne to invite PLA representatives to next call
  • Add acting chair issue to Paris agenda
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.