20150318 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2015-03-18
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay Regrets Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
Hans Buitendijk Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech x Austin Kreisler
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20150311_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Followup on updating the DSTU1 with FHIR License terms
      • All: Consider options stated today regarding balloting options
      • Anne to complete FHIR Core WG formation request and forward to TSC
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Called to order at 4:05
  • 15 minutes for balloting, then on to resource proposals
  • Austin: we need to briefly review comments on ballot pilot process. Paul moves to accept agenda; Brian seconds. None opposed or abstained.
  • Paul moves to accept minutes; Brian seconds. None opposed or abstained.
  • Austin goes through comments from ballot process review at http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR_Ballot_Process_Review. Agreement that none need to be addressed before ballot open but should be addressed by ballot close. Will bring remaining comments to Monday’s meeting.
  • May Ballot: Groups are indicating that much of their content will not be finished for May ballot. For those not ready, can we put them in the ballot as draft status? Grahame joins. He notes that he has examined the task list, which seems relatively well in hand. Guest Christopher Crawley joins. Grahame perceives that the editorial process is in hand; the QA process is not where we want it to be, which may still get done. Draft standard means that further implementation will be done; if we go on not balloting, feedback becomes theoretical. There are two resources that Grahame feels are ready to go to implementation – Order and OrderResponse. All the rest is sufficiently ready to go to trial implementation on a DSTU basis. Order/OrderResponse should be marked as draft status. We should state outright that one of the outcomes of the ballot will be a follow-up DSTU addressing areas of deficiency and in Paris we should triage comments to identify those.
    • MOTION Josh moves that the FMG recommends that we proceed with a DSTU2 ballot in May with the understanding that part of that process will be to identify areas needing more detailed review in a 2.1 refresh to be published by the end of this year. Paul seconds. Grahame states that Lloyd would have a long list of subsequent process concerns around that statement, but none of those concerns would be enough for him to vote against it. His concerns will need resolution but none are impossible to resolve.
    • VOTE None opposed or abstained.
  • When must final materials be in? March 29th is Lynn’s deadline. Are we going to want to do a sanity check on the content to make sure reference implementations work correctly? Grahame: yes, that’s why we have an earlier deadline for substantive changes.
    • MOTION by Brian to have final updates to Grahame by March 27th at midnight, second by Paul.
    • VOTE None opposed or abstained.

Meeting adjourned at 5:02 pm


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20150325 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2015 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.