20150302 FGB concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FGB Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
GoToMeeting ID: 136-494-157

Date: 2015-03-02
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Facilitator: Note taker(s): Anne W.
Quorum = Chair plus 2 yes/no
Co-Chair/CTO Members
Woody Beeler Regrets Lorraine Constable Grahame Grieve David Hay (FMG)
x Dave Shaver x Ewout Kramer x Lloyd McKenzie (FMG) Ron Parker
x John Quinn Cecil Lynch
observers/guests Ken McCaslin
x Austin Kreisler
x Anne W., scribe

Agenda

  • Roll call -
  • Agenda Review
  • Approve minutes of 20150223 FGB concall
  • Discussion Topics:
  • Action Item review:
    • Reach out to FGB members re: provider candidates
    • Review Lorraine's draft of precepts
    • Followup on HSI WG content ownership
  • FMG update -
  • Methodology update-
  • Review precepts, associated governance points and risks
  • Next steps: Define and Resource other Governance processes.
    1. Conformity Assessment

Minutes

Convened at

  • Called to order at 4:09. Lloyd moves to approve agenda; Ewout seconds.
  • Minutes from last week approved.
  • Austin Kreisler present to give an overview of the FHIR Ballot Process Pilot PSS. Reviewed on TSC this morning and TSC voted approval of sponsoring the project. FGB is being asked to be a cosponsor with FMG, EST, and Publishing. What role should FGB play in this project? Lloyd answers that the role would be ensuring that the proposed process and the balloted process is in alignment with FHIR precepts. Ewout asks if there are other groups that should be co-sponsors? There will be an invite to all co-chairs to participate in the review of the process so that is the mechanism with which other WGs will be involved. Other WGs will be invited as the project evolves and moves forward to the second phase, such as GOC and PIC. Lloyd moves that FGB sign on as a co-sponsor of the project; Ewout seconds.
  • Ken is at the call to discuss ballot reconciliation. He reports that the TSC reviewed Austin’s proposal and understood their role in the process and agreed to support it. Next week the TSC will vote on approving the project. At this point, Ken doesn’t anticipate any issues with the PSS and that the TSC was supportive of the project. Austin states that some infrastructure issues arose during the TSC discussion that are not in the scope but another project may be warranted. Austin expects that the issue will be brought up during the comment period. Ken wonders about including FHIR in the name; he suggests this is blazing a trail for others and that other groups are having the same issues – could perhaps say that FHIR will pilot will pilot the changes but call it something more general in the title. Lloyd suggest keeping FHIR in the name would keep the focus on the need to have something in place for the next FHIR ballot, but he shares the belief that in the long run this will be an improved process for all. Ewout thinks that since FMG and FGB are sponsoring, it may be enough to drive it without the notation in the name. Lloyd leaves it in Austin’s hands to determine if the name should be adjusted. Will be discussed at the TSC next Monday.
  • John Quinn joined at 4:30 pm
  • Action items: no updates
  • Methodology updates: two people have volunteered
  • FMG is working through resource proposals that are unfinished
  • Lorraine’s draft: unable to open. Will ask her to resend.
  • New candidates – Ewout: anyone at clinical connectathons who could be suitable? Lloyd mentions two potential candidates – Rob Hausan and Viet Nguyen. Rob may not be currently representing a provider organization. Viet is vendor, so neither would fit the criteria. Austin suggests Calvin Beebe from Mayo. Lloyd agrees that he could potentially be a good candidate. Dave suggests Scott Robertson from KP. Lloyd or Grahame will reach out to Calvin if he is interested; if not, will pursue Scott as a backup.
  • Call adjourned at 5:00 pm Eastern


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Austin to discuss name change for the FHIR Ballot Process Pilot at TSC call on Monday
  • Lloyd or Grahame to reach out to Calvin regarding FGB service
  • Anne to reach out to Lorraine for draft
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Governance_Board

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.