20150225 FMG concall
|HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes
|Date: 2015-02-25 |
Time: 4:00 PM U.S. Eastern
|Chair:||Note taker(s): Anne W.|
|Quorum = chair + 4||yes/no|
|Co chairs||x||David Hay||x||Lloyd McKenzie|
|.||John Quinn, CTO|
|Hans Buitendijk||x||Brian Postlethwaite||.||Paul Knapp||x||Anne W., scribe|
|Josh Mandel||x||John Moehrke||x||Brian Pech||x||Helen Broberg|
- Roll Call
- Agenda Check
- Minutes from 20150218_FMG_concall
- Action items
- Lloyd to send out draft of FHIR ballot process
- Action items
- Approval Item
- Discussion Topics
- FHIR license terms on website
- PSS for FHIR Ballot Process Pilot project
- Ballot Frequency
- Process management
- Ballot Planning
- Ballot content review and QA process FHIR QA Guidelines
- AOB (Any Other Business)
- Meeting called to order at 4:08
- Helen Broberg present to discuss PSS for ISO 13606 Health informatics HER communication with HL7 FHIR (using FHIR). She describes the project team and the scope of the project. They need a mapping guide in ISO 13606. Lloyd: for the second FHIR DSTU ballot, content is due March 22nd. Draft resources for inclusion should have been part of the December ballot. It will be difficult at this point to get this material into the 2nd draft. Next release is targeted for publication sometime in 2017. Lloyd recommends working on their resource designs and testing them, they just won’t go to ballot and be published as DSTU until sometime in 2017. Lloyd notes that instead of Folder they should use List resource; instead of Entry resource, they would use a more specific resource. PSS can go forward, but Entry will likely not be a resource type – will need to express it in FHIR terms. John M: As mapping happens resource owners need to know what’s happening. If other resources need to be profiled, must work with owners. David asks if open EHR community is involved in this work; Helen responds that they are not directly involved – they are in discussions of the revision. John M. asks if the 13606 community behind this? Yes, it is the wider community. Lloyd wonders if there is an awareness of DSTU status, and is this going to be a joint ISO ballot? Helen states it is only in HL7 and everyone is comfortable with DSTU status. With the understanding of aiming for DSTU3, David moves to approve and John M. seconds. No objections/abstentions. A FMG rep will come to an EHR call soon to discuss the issue of the Entry resource.
- Minutes: motion to approve by David, second by Brian Post. No objections or abstentions.
- Austin presents FHIR Ballot Process Pilot – a proposal to change the way FHIR ballot reconciliation is handled while still following the process that is already is in place. Austin is looking for FMG, FGB, EST and Publishing to be co-sponsors. Primary sponsor would be TSC. Brian P. wonders if gforge is inadequate, could there be revisions to the infrastructure? Austin says yes, that’s why EST should be involved. David asks if other content committees will co-sponsor – Austin says no, but co-chairs would be invited to participate in the Wiki review of the process. David moves for the FMG to co-sponsor this project; Brian Pech seconds. No objections or abstentions.
- FHIR license terms: any further comments on wording? David asks if we have any progress on people wanting to use FHIR in their documents. Lloyd says no, this is a precursor. Lloyd proposed a revised set of wording that is a compromise to avoid reader/writer fatigue: “When referencing “FHIR” in a web site, document or presentation, ensure the first prominent reference to the FHIR name includes the “®” symbol and that the phrase “HL7® FHIR® Standard” is used when describing the first reference to the specification itself.” David moves to approve pushing the revised wording back to HQ for review; Brian Post seconds. No objections or abstentions.
- FHIR ballot process – group reviewed and Lloyd will send out shortly.
- Pending resource proposals:
- Media, MessageHeader, ConceptMap – motion by David to approve; Brian Post seconds. No objections or abstentions.
- Communication/CommunicationRequest: CommunicationRequest is akin to an order. In V3 terms, sharing information would’ve been treated as a procedure. Lloyd’s leaning is that this is different – having it as its own separate resource likely makes sense. If it’s clinically important that something was shared, that’s the kind of thing that you’d want to point to. Motion to approve both with adjusted tenses on Communication by David; second by Brian Post. Lloyd asks if CQI is the appropriate owner now and in the long term. After discussion, Lloyd adds Patient Care as an additional contributing WG. No objections/abstentions.
- Call ended at 5:28 pm
|Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)|
|Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items|
Back to FHIR_Management_Group
© 2015 Health Level Seven® International
Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.