20150128 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2015-01-28
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s):
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk x Brian Postlethwaite x Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
.

Agenda

Minutes

  • Add agenda item re: IHE report and clinical connectathon. Motion to approve by Lloyd; Hans seconds. None opposed, none abstained.
  • Minutes from WG meeting: Motion to approve by Hans, second by Lloyd. None opposed, none abstained.
  • Minutes from joint FGB/FMG mtg: Lloyd moves to approve, second by Hans. None opposed, none abstained.
  • Update from John M. re: IHE connectathon. Two profiles are using FHIR. Going very well – plenty of positive testing, nothing has come up as a problem. Comments from implementers are extremely positive regarding ease of use. Working to capture examples for future use.
  • Reviewed and discussed changes made during the WG meeting to Mission and Charter of the FHIR Core WG. Approval of final document won’t occur until it comes back out of FTSD. Lloyd will be fleshing out introduction section before FTSD review. Concerns about responsibility levels.
  • David participated remotely in the Connectathon – felt it was ambiguously scoped? Interested in opinions from those who were there. Lloyd states that our focus in terms of FMG is that we’re looking for something that engages the clinical community and gives them an opportunity to provide feedback and gain comfort level. The intention is that the user interface should support everything that the resource can express. David has concerns that pharmacy, for example, was underrepresented. Direction that the tooling should take is his concern.
  • Standards maturity draft: Hans reports that updates have been made and we can close out this project from an FMG perspective for the time being.
  • NIB: Worked on details of the form. Move to accept from Lloyd after changes have been made by Anne and reviewed next week; second from Brian Post.
  • Define responsibilities of WGs who own resources: what does it mean to own a resource? Lloyd will draft something for review next week. John suggests having a primary stakeholder as opposed to ownership. We have a spreadsheet that lists both the WG with primary responsibility as well as any WG(s) that are consulted on the content. Needs to be updated and fleshed out.
  • FHIR Ambassador program: Notion of should there be a presentation that would explain to clinicians what FHIR is and how you use it; what its expressive capabilities are. Should we have FHIR ambassadors who would have this knowledge who could speak to other clinicians? And do we also want to introduce the notion of technical ambassadors? The ambassador program came out of the board appointed marketing community, so it’s not clear that we even have a formal ambassador program. Whether we do or not it still may be something we want to consider. Anne to research whether ambassador program is still active. But do we want there to be an official set of recognized folks and manage that? Brian Post suggests putting together criteria. David suggests bringing in Rene for guidance. Lloyd concerned about taking on that level of responsibility and wonders if we really are prepared to take it on. John M. suggests doing a lighter version, allowing people to give standardized presentations if they are given permission to do so. Lloyd thinks it is a useful idea but limited bandwidth is an issue. David will reach out to Rene for an initial discussion.
  • Group approves FHIR Change requests; Lloyd moves, Hans approves. None opposed, no abstentions.
  • FHIR Profile and IG Balloting: Hans moves to accept, Lloyd seconds. None opposed, no abstentions.
  • MnM: need to have some calls soon to get through things.
  • Liaisons: Lloyd would like something from OO. We will seek some general assistance for OO but we need specifics. Hans will bring that up on OO; biggest bottleneck is resolving tracker items.
  • Reviewed submitted change requests and made appropriate edits.
    • IHE issue edit: add a wiki page that lists known FHIR profiles and IGs. Lloyd moves to accept, John seconds. None opposed, no abstentions.
    • Ballot comment on provenance: request for ownership by CBCC WG. Question is – provenance is not a resource we had designated to be owned in perpetuity by FHIR Core. Do we feel CBCC is the appropriate group? We need to have CBCC in the mix, at least – security also wants it. John will talk to security and CBCC to have the two groups come to a decision.

Adjourned at 5:29 Eastern.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Lloyd to send M&C draft to Paul for review by FTSD.
  • Anne to consult with Lynn re: wording for remainder of NIB and send to group for review.
  • Lloyd to draft document outlining responsibilities of WGs who own resources.
  • Anne to research if HL7 ambassador program is still active.
  • Davis to reach out to Rene for an initial discussion on ambassador program possibilities.
  • John to reach out to Security and CBCC to come to consensus on provenance issue.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20150204 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.