20141210 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2014-12-10
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s):
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk Hugh Glover x Paul Knapp x Anne W., scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Brian Postlethwaite .

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20141203_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Paul to put information from PowerPoint slide regarding exchanges into the financial section of the continuous build site.
      • Rename Picture as Media; Referral as ReferralRequest; MessageRoot as MessageHeader.
      • Deprecate all Security proposals.
  • Discussion Topics
    • US Realm Taskforce response on US realm-specific extensions
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Agenda: add requests for making substantive changes, remote participation in Connectathon, and committee participation. Agenda approval moved by David, second by Paul.
  • Minutes from 20141203: Paul moves to approve; David seconds.
  • Action items:
    • Paul put PowerPoint on Financial page of the continuous build site.
    • David will handle renamings and deprecations of proposals
    • US Realm Taskforce response on US realm-specific extensions: USRTF is beginning the action to expand the scope of the USRTF to be able to officially address these issues as the US affiliate equivalent. Expect organizational approval in January. At some point FMG will need to figure out what the process is going to be for publishing US IGs. Right now they are showing up as part of FHIR spec but that is likely not long term. Paul: would you anticipate affiliates being owners of artifacts? Lloyd: yes – they will likely be linked to by FHIR.org. Paul: we should present it as a coordinated space. Should be able to get to those spaces from the central FHIR spec. John: we should make it easy for users to discover existing solutions. Paul: do these things have to have been through a ballot process to be part of the family? Governance steps that we need to figure out – maybe FGB’s domain. Things to consider for the future.
    • Connectathon: David reports that we’ve got 10 signed up but not much detail on the page. Project Argonaut will spur participation. We need more data on the page. Should we have another look at how we can support remote access? Lloyd: IN terms of the way things work onsite, there is occasionally someone who is in the front of the room, sometimes groups meeting in corners, and then we have the presentations. We could share via Skype the intro session and the presentations, but hard to share all aspects. Want to stay away from complex AV. Lloyd expresses concern about Skype audio for this purpose. We might be able to leverage HQ’s webinar capability? Josh mentions Google Hangout; John agrees that could be a good solution. David will chat with HQ (Lillian and Sharon) about both ideas – webinar capabilities and Google Hangout. Lloyd recommends that we provide assurance that we would only use these options when in-person registration is at capacity. Could there be cost for remote participation? Lloyd says yes, we could do that and charge a webinar registration. Paul suggests that around $100 is not usually a barrier. Lloyd agrees that $75 to $100 would be good, and attendees would get audio and presentations as a live feed, and the ability to ask questions. Grahame will work on content for the web page. David will send out a message giving implementers a heads up that they may want to register sooner than later given the Argonaut announcement.
  • FGB this week was basically a heads up on Argonaut. Info covered in the email Grahame sent out this morning. Are there other organizations that are getting involved? Lloyd says that he knows that long-term there is an expectation that we’ll set up a FHIR.org website with an ability to donate and have an oversight body that manages whatever funds we collect. He is not sure what the short term plan is for including people. Who is managing the funds for the project (Paul)? Lloyd says yes, the funds are being managed by HL7. Hans agrees that the funds will not be managed outside HL7. Some of the security funding, though, will go to someone outside HL7. Paul: the work of Argonaut looks US-centric. FHIR beneficial, to be sure, but US-centric. Lloyd: the focus of the FHIR sponsors is so that meaningful use can move forward, that’s true. But the work will be beneficial to other countries as well.
  • MnM: we have taken a few weeks off but will get back on trying to resolve tracker issues
  • Requests for pre-draft for comment: DAF, Grahame (use of ID type for slicing is broken), OO (examples are incomplete due to problems with build tooling – now fixed), John Moehrke’s changes. Grahame’s changes are being made so Connectathon can be held. Reason not to allow changes would be to help ensure that people respect the deadline going forward; however, the appeal process should serve the same purpose. John’s changes aren’t urgent, but there are improvements he’d like to make. In the case of DAF, there is the ballot part and the DSTU part. IGs and DSTU will be published independently. Motion by Hans: until we have clear guidance on how to ballot and publish an IG, that any work on profiles is following the same rules as DSTU process, the changes must follow our current timeline. Since IG content is being published as part of the spec, it must follow the same guidelines. Josh seconds. No objections or abstentions. Regarding changes for DAF and OO: David moves to accept those; Hans seconds. No objections or abstentions.
  • Term limits: Some participants are at their term limit. Hugh has already expressed that he will not renew his term. David, John, Brian are expiring as well; David and John agree to sign on for two more years; Lloyd will follow up with Brian who is not on the call today. Will look at adding participants in the new year. Paul makes a motion that we endorse their continued participation; Hans seconds. Those motions will be reviewed by FGB and TSC. Grahame should also be reappointed to FGB.
  • Ballot opens on Friday
  • No call on 12/24 or 12/31. If urgency comes up we’ll skype or e-vote.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • David to discuss remote access issues (webinar capabilities/Google Hangout idea) for Connectathon with Lillian and Sharon
  • Grahame to work on content for the Connectathon web page
  • David to send out announcement to implementers encouraging early Connectathon registration
  • TSC and FGB to review/endorse additional terms for David, John, and Brian plus addition of Brian Postlethwaite
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20141217 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.