20141119 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2014-mm-dd
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s):Anne Wizauer
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk x Hugh Glover x Paul Knapp Anne Wizauer, scribe
x Josh Mandel John Moehrke x Brian Pech
.

Agenda

  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Called to order at 12:33 by Lloyd.
  • Additions to agenda:
    • Whether or not we do a call next week.
    • Connectathon discussion
    • Additional member

David moved to accept; Josh seconded the additions.

  • Minutes from last call: David moves to accept minutes; Paul seconds.
  • Meeting next week: Will cancel due to lack of availability. Looking at the 25th from 12:30-2:00.
  • Reaching out to Brian Postlethwaite to join FMG: agreement that he is a good candidate.
  • Connectathon: The notion of doing CarePlan fell flat with implementers. Counterproposals were to do Blue Button and some more work on the conformance aspect. We will have to flesh out the details of the proposals; these are just the themes. Are we comfortable with these themes? Motion to approve by David; Josh seconds. No objections or abstentions. Josh will work on the details.
  • Lloyd attended FTSD to talk about FHIR timelines and they were comfortable. FHIR WG issue reported on by Paul – being looked at by FTSD but needs further review. Did not come up at TSC this week because it is sitting at PLA, which is working on accelerating their overarching structure.
  • Paul submitted request for OperationOutcome.
  • Anne poked at PA again regarding their proposal.
  • Paul created tracker item. Lloyd remembers taking the liaison spreadsheet to Google docs – does anyone have a link to the document?
  • FHIR change requests and IG balloting: Lloyd is leaning toward moving these to after December 7th. No objections. Paul: What is the status of the DSTU spreadsheets? Lloyd responds there are a few changes to the spreadsheets that will propogate through, but that should not keep anyone from using them. Paul: the video on the profiling – is that sufficiently current that one can use and follow along with? Lloyd: should be relatively narrow cognitive jump.
  • DAF FHIR Profile: Lloyd abstains due to involvement. Hans wonders about scope – US only? Lloyd states it is US realm, MU specific. Paul wonders if the profiles are on a per-resource basis? Lloyd replies there will be multiple profiles having an aggregate IG. Feedback: we want them to identify the boundaries of the scope in terms of additional data elements, and who the stakeholders are. Action: Anne to update the profile proposal template to include a realm. David moves to approve with edit; Paul seconds. No objections or abstentions.
  • DeviceCapabilities FHIR Resource Proposal: Anne – identify if there is a Project Insight ID? Discussion regarding name – maybe shouldn’t be DeviceCapabilities. Name should reflect purpose of defining content of the Device Log. Will also flag to discuss how Rest could apply or not. Contingent approval; Josh moves, Hans seconds. DeviceLogFormat, DeviceLogDefinition two potential names.
  • DeviceLog FHIR Resource Proposal: looks very similar to DeviceCapabilities. Discussion over the fact that there is no indicator of what type of data is being recorded. The observations are dependent upon other resources to interpret. Question: how do the log and the definition of what is being logged connect? Motion for conditional approval from Josh; David seconds.

Lloyd asks: are we comfortable with material going to draft for comment without full review if we don’t complete it before the deadline? Motion to approve from Josh; second from Paul. No abstentions or objections.

  • DeviceComponent FHIR Resource Proposal: (check for PI ID) Big question on this one is why is a component of a device not a device? We need an explanation of why we need this instead of making use of the device resource to model both the device and their components. Why you can’t represent device component as a kind of device. Why don’t devices contain devices? We’re not opposed to a distinct resource if we understand why it’s necessary. A component cannot function outside of the containing device? If we need to have both the device and the component it needs to be clear: when do you use device and when do you use component? Proposal deferred.
  • DeviceMetric FHIR Resource Proposal: Discussion over the use of the word Metric. Lloyd wonders about the relationship between this and DeviceCapabilities. Why here instead of in the other? The measurements are in the DeviceLog; Capabilities are what they mean. Explain the difference between DeviceMetric and Device Capabilites and the relationship between them.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Josh to work on fleshing out the details of the Connectathon themes
  • Review/discussion of FHIR Change Requests
  • Review/discussion of FHIR Profile and IG Balloting
  • Anne to update FHIR Profile Proposal template to include "realm"
  • Anne to identify Project Insight ID for DeviceCapabilities and DeviceComponent FHIR proposals
  • Anne to followup with all contacts whose proposals require edits (all proposals today require edits)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20141126 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.