20140723 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2014-07-23
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Lloyd Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk regrets Hugh Glover x Paul Knapp x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Austin Kreisler
x Lorraine Constable

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20140716_FMG_concall
  • Discuss OO participation in C-CDA on FHIR project (Austin)
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Andy will take a look at the security fix on the objective C reference implementation (Lloyd will poke him again)
      • Hans will review the list for Liaison responsibility review/ transfer from Lorraine to identify some with whom he can swap as there are some of Lorraine's he's not interested in.
      • check that RP’s for current proposal have correct owner and approve as block. (David)
  • Project Scope Statement reviews (new and deferred)
  • Registries update (Lloyd) see David's suggestions for FHIR_Registry_Requirements and confirm with Paul
  • Review comments on FHIR_Balloting_Considerations - Policy statement on pre-DSTU draft for comment ballot rounds for development materials
  • long term maintenance of reference implementations by the "FHIR Project" (re: javascript implementation security fixes in open source)
  • Project Scope Statements -- impact on FHIR page or resource owner
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

Convene at 1:04 PM

  • Agenda Check David moves and Hans seconds agenda – Paul asks to add naming conventions review in GOM for FHIR specifications for next week; unanimously approved
  • Minutes from 20140716_FMG_concall not quorate, minutes of 20140709_FMG_concall David moves and Hans seconds approval; Josh abstains. Approved 5/0/1.
  • Discuss OO participation in C-CDA on FHIR project (Austin)
    • Austin provides an overview with discussion in OO on cosponsorship that they are not prepared to do at this time. Similar to the issues with Patient Care cosponsorship they need concerns allayed over the timeline and rigor of the schedule. Not expected that all profiles be ready for the next ballot but would be nice if a couple were done and work could continue on the remainder. Lloyd suggests there is doubt on whether there will be a FHIR ballot in January versus May 2015. Lorraine notes that the committee was clear that there is no time this cycle to work upon it. Concern Austin adds is that if someone else is going to do the work can’t they come to OO to do it. Lorraine adds they wished to have volunteers with bandwidth identified on the PSS.
    • Austin leaves the call.
    • Hans asks if OO would accept the cosponsorship with the identification of the resources. Lloyd asks if adding a risk about resources would be sufficient. He asks if he should send out the call for volunteers to identify themselves for the work. The combination of risk identification and call for resources will be enacted.
    • Devices PSS is coming back to OO for cosponsorship by OO as it was kicked back by TSC.
    • Move to that topic as JohnM now available
  • Project Scope Statements -- impact on FHIR page or resource owner
    • email thread suggestions of specific verbs and governance points reviewed. Lorraine notes a committer comment last week adding time data type did not go to OO.
    • Suggested Governance:
      • Only the owning Work Group may make changes to artifacts owned by that Work Group. If a using Work Group requires changes then they MUST request the changes of the owning Work Group.
      • When creating Profiles on non-owned resources Work Groups SHOULD seek review of the Profile by the resource-owning Work Group if the Profile extends the resource. The Profiling Work Group MAY ask for review if they are not extending the resource.
    • ITS changes not driven by publishing/tooling should go to the owning WG.
    • SHOULD suggested for SHALL if the Profile extends the resource. MAY suggested as SHOULD for the second clause.
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Andy will take a look at the security fix on the objective C reference implementation (Lloyd will poke him again)
      • Hans will review the list for Liaison responsibility review/ transfer from Lorraine to identify some with whom he can swap as there are some of Lorraine's he's not interested in.
      • check that RP’s for current proposal have correct owner and approve as block. (David)
  • Project Scope Statement reviews (new and deferred)
    • Develop Immunization-related FHIR resources for DSTU 2 (Public Health and Emergency Response) at Project Insight #1119
      • Immunization versus medication administration resources still has dubious distinction. FHIR extensions and the appropriate development of them reviewed. Governance question may remain on when extensions are published as part of the FHIR standard versus as a supplement. Lloyd notes Joginder confirmed that Immunization will be a profile on MedicationAdminstration
      • Hans moves and Paul seconds approval. Unanimously approved.
    • Project Approval request of Develop FHIR resources for Clinical Genomics for CG WG of DESD at Project Insight # 1110 and TSC Tracker #3366
      • change to scope statement to reflect that GeneticFamilyHistory and GeneticVariationObservation are profiles and not resources.
      • JohnM moves and David seconds.
      • The resource term is part of the template as compared to reflecting profiles. Profiles added to related references to resources
      • unanimously approved with changes
    • Project Approval Request for Definition of Record-Entry Lifecycle-Event Metadata (using FHIR) for EHR WG of SSD SD at Project Insight # 1126
      • similar changes to add profiles reference to places where “resources” are defined. Interpretation in general of lower-case r “resources” to be general to FHIR artifacts generally agreed.
      • John Moerke notes there were changes to the PSS in EHR and we will review when their updates are done.
    • Approval for PSS for DSTU2 to send to TSC
    • [ latest review of SDC PSS] reviewed. Paul asks if the out of scope reference to privacy and security was omitted. This is not the definition of data element specific security rules. This is a data exchange definition. It will have to use the underlying security and privacy mechanism of the FHIR platform.
      • Hans moves approval of the updates, Paul seconds. Unanimously approved. Hans asks Lynn to use his version and not the one from Shreya and add the approval dates.

Next week we will review the topic of registries.


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20140730 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.