20140618 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2014-06-18
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Lloyd Note taker(s): David
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
Hans Buitendijk x Hugh Glover x Paul Knapp regrets Lynn Laakso
Josh Mandel John Moehrke Brian Pech Austin Kreisler
x Andy Stechishin

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20140611_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Andy will take a look at the security fix on the objective C reference implementation (Lloyd)
      • David will check with those that supplied the javascript code as well as with the server side javascript problems in the DSTU build to ensure it has the security fix.
      • Ewout will document the offer from Furore to host the FHIR registry (Lloyd)
      • PSS for DSTU2(Lloyd)
      • Liaison responsibility review/ transfer from Lorraine (Hans)
      • check that RP’s for current proposal have correct owner and approve as block. (David)
      • Policy statement on pre-DSTU draft for comment ballot rounds for development materials (Lloyd)
  • Combined project review for FHIR-CCDA (Austin)
  • SDC PSS updates requested (Paul/Lloyd)
  • Project reviews deferred from last week
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

Present Lloyd McKenzie (LM) Paul knapp (PK) Andy Stechishin (AS) Hugh Glover (HG) David Hay (DH)

Started 1:10pm (US Eastern) Not at quorum Minutes not approved Agenda changes to discuss registry first

  • Action items review
    • Andy will take a look at the security fix on the objective C reference implementation (Lloyd)
    • David will check with those that supplied the javascript code as well as with the server side javascript problems in the DSTU build to ensure it has the security fix. - to do
    • Ewout will document the offer from Furore to host the FHIR registry (Lloyd) Done
    • PSS for DSTU2(Lloyd) done
    • Liaison responsibility review/ transfer from Lorraine (Hans)- to do
    • check that RP’s for current proposal have correct owner and approve as block. (David) - to do
    • Policy statement on pre-DSTU draft for comment ballot rounds for development materials (Lloyd)- to do


Registries

  • AS: formal process to get to this point
    • Was a PSS (ES/Tooling) for registry. Evaluated according to requirements. Looked at Hinjax (didn’t meet requirements).
    • ES didn’t have bandwidth to do internally + lack of expertise in FHIR – decided to look externally. May need to be an education/hand off to get internal expertise.
    • Process
      • if funded project then source of funds to be determined (chuck discretionary or tooling)
      • then to RFP. Process determined. Preference towards people already working in space.
      • Tooling will review RFP if from their budget.
      • John/Karen to determine Contract. Signed by Mark.

FMG Role:

  • create RFP (to be vetted by Tooling, ES)
    • templates available
  • part of selection process (joint with Tooling/ES)
  • involved in acceptance of deliverables (ES as well)

WorkGroup roles (informally)

  • ES – Managebility
  • Tooling – Architecture
  • FMG – functionality

AS: Login details HL7 should be OAuth Provider (Personal opinion)

LM: Our next steps taking initial drafts and other material (eg Furore material) to create RFP AS: workgroups vote to accept RFP, then go to Karen/John PK: do we want to send estimated costs to Karen ? AS: HQ may state budget – do we have any thoughts? LM: not clear AS: do we want to add suggested business model to reduce cost to HL7? Ie shared costs with downstream benefits to vendor. Costs to HL7 above about 60K would be difficult... LM: discussion of requirements.

  • Content from Lloyd / Furore.
  • OID registry probably out. Will have namespace registry – similar to OID registry but doesn’t issue OIDs. Plus OID registry moving to pay model and will increase scope cost. Will consider integration later.
  • concern about public vote up/down. (crowd sourcing)
    • PK: concerned about political impact. Organization might have concerns. Might have impact in standards creation (there’s a process to follow to get a standard which is then fixed.) Crowd sourcing is different. What is the impact on standards? Basically need to get input from HQ.
    • LM: can the submitter controlled the ability for this to occur. Community endorsement might be good for some, Name recognition (e.g. ONC) for other.
    • LM: HL7 endorsed content needs to be distinct from community content.
    • PK: is community approval appropriate for balloted material in general. If not then is it OK for the HL7 site to have both options (fixed & community).
    • LM: how to do curation? Crowd source is an option (alternative is individual – free or paid).
    • AS: there are other models of curation (eg internal, ‘iStore’, I use this) (Templates registry business requirements document has a list of options)
    • PK ‘I use this’ different to ‘I like this’. We should state requirement for curation to remove redundancies. LM: need to be specific about mechanism for RFP.
    • LM: curation very hard if not done by community that uses it. (need the context that it’s being used in)

LM: at time. Discussion to continue on list – especially curation model given constraints/requirements. Close at 2:07pm



Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Andy will take a look at the security fix on the objective C reference implementation (Lloyd)
  • David will check with those that supplied the javascript code as well as with the server side javascript problems in the DSTU build to ensure it has the security fix.
  • Liaison responsibility review/ transfer from Lorraine (Hans
  • check that RP’s for current proposal have correct owner and approve as block. (David)
  • Policy statement on pre-DSTU draft for comment ballot rounds for development materials (Lloyd)
  • LM – update requirements for registry
  • Create RFP draft for registry
    • (include curation mechanism)
  • Tooling/ES to draft requirements for registry also
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20140625 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.