20140528 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2014-05-28
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Hans Buitendijk x (tad late) Hugh Glover x Paul Knapp x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke regrets Brian Pech
x Lorraine Constable

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20140521_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Lloyd will send the FGB a post to tell them of FMG's intention to put the Skype chats on an RSS feed as of June 1st and propose they may wish to do the same
      • Josh will notify the other lists of the RSS feed on the Skype channels
      • Andy will take a look at the security fix on the objective C reference implementation (Lloyd)
      • David will check with those that supplied the javascript code as well as with the server side javascript problems in the DSTU build to ensure it has the security fix.
      • Ewout will document the offer from Furore to host the FHIR registry (Lloyd)
      • OpenEHR (OE) /Clinical Review status update (David)
      • Lloyd to document process to approve tracker items (wrt process to approve tooling enhancements)
      • PSS for DSTU2 (Lloyd)
      • Liaison responsibility review/ transfer from Lorraine (Hans)
      • check that RP’s for current proposal have correct owner and approve as block. (David)
      • Lynn will notify PA to update the scope of the Project 1102 for PA FHIR Resources DSTU2 to include the CCDA profiles work
  • FGB Requests
  • Project reviews
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Agenda Check - Lloyd convenes at 1:04 PM; move down review of fundamental principles and add review of resource proposals; Hans moves approval of amended agenda and seconded by John; approved 5/0/1 with Hugh abstaining
  • Administrative
  • Minutes from 20140521_FMG_concall Lloyd moves and Hans seconds approval. John Abstains, passes 4/0/1
    • Action items
      • Lloyd will send the FGB a post to tell them of FMG's intention to put the Skype chats on an RSS feed as of June 1st and propose they may wish to do the same - general agreement to create combined channels for FGB and FMG both private and public, and public implementers and committers chats. Josh will do this next week. Question by Josh if whether the fact that there is a private chat be public? A shared chat between FGB and FMG may create a single group of FGB and FMG without that separation. Combined communication vehicles with two groups that are already hard to differentiate; keeping FGB members from overinvolvement in management or FMG members staying out of governance is of concern. Four skype chats is not that difficult to manage. Discussion on six skype channels, four open and two closed, ensued. Dealing with difficult WGs on resources for FMG and disclosure of conflict of interest/ commercial interest on FGB cited as reasons for closed lists.
        • Motion: Hugh moves and Lloyd seconds that FMG (and propose to FGB) retain separate chats both public and private and implementers and committers be public.
      • John believes that the majority of discussion should be public and only certain, prescribed types of discussion occur on the private list. Anything raised on the private chat they feel should be public can raise that and move it to the public channel. Naming the chats for obvious distinction will be important notes David.
        • Vote: Unanimously approved
      • Josh will notify the other lists of the RSS feed on the Skype channels - done
      • Andy will take a look at the security fix on the objective C reference implementation (Lloyd) he poked last week and again today
      • David will check with those that supplied the javascript code as well as with the server side javascript problems in the DSTU build to ensure it has the security fix. He has still had no reply
      • Ewout will document the offer from Furore to host the FHIR registry (Lloyd); They are writing it up now and hope it be complete for next week's call.
      • OpenEHR (OE) /Clinical Review status update (David); poked Grahame yesterday, working on the allergy resource and resulted in a post to the list for allergy and reaction as separate resources. David suggests moving OpenEHR into the liaison space.
      • Lloyd to document process to approve tracker items (wrt process to approve tooling enhancements); Tracker process has been documented: http://wiki.hl7.org/index.php?title=FHIR_DSTU_monitoring#Tracker_Process
      • PSS for DSTU2 (not assigned) - PSSes from WGs having content to contribute are coming through approval but the 2nd DSTU under which they will ballot needs to be drafted. ACTION ITEM: Lynn will dig up the last one as a template to send to Lloyd for review next week.
        • Paul asks about the comment only ballot for Sept - SDC implementation guide will be balloted for comment only with comments scoped only on the resources they've profiled as they pertain to the profiles they developed and any other text in their implementation guide. Paul asks if other WGs will have other opportunities to comment? Those that met the PSS deadline for entering the ballot can do so. The normal process is to participate in the QA post-Sept WGM for resource inclusion in the January ballot as we don't have time to conduct reconciliation after September WGM and before QA pre-January.
        • Hugh leaves
        • Hans notes a concern of WGs that they wish to clarify what they are expected to submit and may wish to do the comment only ballot to get review of their material. However are we technically capable of supporting this opportunity? Paul is not opposed to allowing others to take advantage of the opportunity to solicit comments on the 2014Sep ballot. If the agreement last week was to notify in June only those allowed to ballot on the comment only ballot it did not specify that projects had to be defined to allow that.
        • Ballot timelines set with intent to relieve ballot fatigue; full reconciliation of September comments thought to be too great a workload. WGs not ready with their content for the DSTU ballot can label the content as informative. Another premise is that FHIR is balloted as a whole which this comment only ballot does not adhere to. This ballot is an implementation guide which has as a reference the entire FHIR spec but it is not a ballot on the entire spec. Hans notes the ObservationDefinition resource is also part of the project not just the IG. Peer review or comment only ballot do not have the strength of rigor of an "actual" ballot. Regardless Paul wishes to clarify whether we prohibit other groups from including material in the comment only ballot.
        • Discussion to continue next week.
      • Liaison responsibility review/ transfer from Lorraine (Hans); Lloyd needs to move content to google docs and give Hans the link.
      • Lynn will notify PA to update the scope of the Project 1102 for PA FHIR Resources DSTU2 to include the CCDA profiles work - done
      • check that [Resource Proposals] for current proposal have correct owner and approve as block. (David) he noted there were some discrepancies between names, and some missing. He put a note out on the list to have others review the proposals.
        • Lloyd notes that we need the proposals to exist but they do not have to be kept current with the state of the resource; just a snapshot. If there is a resource in the DSTU for which there is no resource proposal David will draft one for review next week. Paul will do the proposal for Account.
  • being at time, project reviews to be done by e-vote.

Defer remaining to next week; adjourned 1:59 PM


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20140604 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.