20140514 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2014-05-14
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: David Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Woody Beeler,
Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chairs
. John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
Hans Buitendijk x Hugh Glover x Paul Knapp x Lynn Laakso, scribe
regrets Josh Mandel x John Moehrke Brian Pech
x Austin Kreisler
x Ken McCaslin

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from FMG and FGB on Friday 5/9
  • Action items
    • Lloyd will document the format on the wiki for committers to understand that if the tracker number is included in the comment GForge will automatically link to the tracker.
    • the tracking sheet needs to have listed all the CCDA profiles to be created
    • Can we do an RSS feed to reflect the contents of the skype chat in near-real time
    • Need a policy for which old releases we wish to host live, e.g. when the next DSTU full release is provided will the DSTU R1.0 still be available
    • Andy will take a look at the security fix on the objective C reference implementation
  • David will check with those that supplied the javascript code as well as with the server side javascript problems in the DSTU build to ensure it has the security fix.
    • Paul to take to TSC the discussion about relationship between PSSs and balloting. When do committees ballot under their own PSSs vs. FMG's -
  • Where/how are FMG precepts documented: e.g.
    • RESOLUTION: After a tracker item has been triaged, anyone is allowed to fix things in triage as typos or tooling corrections without special approval to coordinate the fix. After the fix and they commit they must identify the tracker ID in the proper format to establish the linkage and then close the tracker item.
  • Project reviews
  • HL7 Conformance testing?
  • Reports
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Agenda Check - approval by Lloyd/Hugh moved: unanimously approved.
  • Minutes from FMG and FGB on Friday 5/9
  • Chair moves to Lloyd
  • Action items
    • Lloyd will document the format on the wiki for committers to understand that if the tracker number is included in the comment GForge will automatically link to the tracker. Format of [#tracker number] is on the wiki
    • the tracking sheet needs to have listed all the CCDA profiles to be created; this is done - Paul asks if it is a complete set of profiles? Lloyd notes the list includes those CCDA profiles that are complete enough to work upon.
      • Austin asks if WGs are developing their own PSSes for their FHIR work. The PSS for the FHIR DSTU2 ballot needs to be developed by FMG. Which WG is assigned which template is on the tracking spreadsheet so it's not only exposed through the PSS process. SDWG can choose to develop their own PSS or ballot their profiles with the main FHIR PSS. Austin expresses concern over how the different WGs will develop their profiles. Lloyd notes that they each have entry templates which are specific and assigned based on the resources that are their responsibility. Processes to manage content such as those used to establish the 80% are being used. The tracking sheet is linked from theFHIR Ballot Prep wiki page.
    • Can we do an RSS feed to reflect the contents of the skype chat in near-real time - Josh is not on the call
    • Need a policy for which old releases we wish to host live, e.g. when the next DSTU full release is provided will the DSTU R1.0 still be available; Paul notes that Lorraine and Brian and he had a draft. Refer to 20140423 FMG concall minutes; need to change the background color on the home page to be blatantly obvious. What happens once it goes normative? Interim updates that only change reference implementations are separate from the official publication. What need is there for hosting old versions when we have a published version without substantive change. Considerations for hosting DSTU versions once normative is published discussed. Lloyd suggests an action on the tracker to coordinate with publishing and tooling to add these considerations to publishing process.
      • Considerations for publishing reviewed further, hosting on external servers vs VM mechanisms for hosting multiple environments on the same server. Website limits size of what you can post, so there are tooling issues as well.
    • Andy will take a look at the security fix on the objective C reference implementation - Lloyd pinged Andy but has not heard back.
    • David will check with those that supplied the javascript code as well as with the server side javascript problems in the DSTU build to ensure it has the security fix. He has not heard back from them.
    • Paul to take to TSC the discussion about relationship between PSSs and balloting. When do committees ballot under their own PSSs vs. FMG's - Currently we have one PSS that covers the FHIR ballot. FMG is responsible for what's in and what's not. WGs that are doing ballot work are not getting ballot credit for FHIR work.
      • Lynn reports that there's no automated way to do it so she'll have to review the tracking spreadsheet to add WGs also doing FHIR ballot work. David adds the question to TSC is "how does the WG get the credit"
      • September ballot may include draft for comment on IG for certain resources but the January ballot will be the official new DSTU, for which they intend to create a new PSS. Formal QA cycle is the official activity for September. Essentially, everything on the DEV site as of the freeze for draft for comment will be included. David suggests we update the ballot prep document to mention these early ballots. ONC had asked for DSTU in June and has acquiesced to the comment only in September. There is only one cycle to take official comments for reconciliation in order to maintain scale for passing and publication.
  • PSSes to be reviewed prior to next week's call. Lynn to send a poke on Monday.

Defer remainder of agenda

Adjourned 1:59 PM

  • Where/how are FMG precepts documented: e.g.
    • RESOLUTION: After a tracker item has been triaged, anyone is allowed to fix things in triage as typos or tooling corrections without special approval to coordinate the fix. After the fix and they commit they must identify the tracker ID in the proper format to establish the linkage and then close the tracker item.
  • Project reviews
  • HL7 Conformance testing?
  • Reports
  • Process management


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20140521 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.