20140505 FMG WGM Minutes

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: Pueblo

Date: 2014-05-05
Time: 12:30 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio x Dave Shaver
FGB Co-chair
. John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
Hans Buitendijk regrets Hugh Glover x Paul Knapp x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x Josh Mandel x John Moehrke x Brian Pech
x Lorraine Constable
x Yunwei Wang
x Grahame Grieve
x Ewout Kramer
x Rien Wertheim


Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • WG objectives & timelines
  • Approval to auto-fix items that have been triaged as typos or tooling corrections
  • Discussion of process to approve tooling enhancements
  • PSS for nutrition, PSS for SDC, others?
  • HL7 Conformance testing?

Minutes

  • Agenda Check - nutrition PSS already approved and gone to TSC
  • WG objectives & timelines - having reviewed what we want them to do, the tracking sheet needs to have listed all the CCDA profiles to be created; he expects to get to it tomorrow.
    • Need to interview the WGs and get commitments to the timelines and get them started working on the profiles.
  • Approval to auto-fix items that have been triaged as typos or tooling corrections
    • e.g. the publication of something is rendering it incorrectly
    • Lorraine voices concern in collisions on editing; the editor for that resource would need to be responsible for the change.
    • GForge takes care of some of that process for you.
      • Typos fixed by core team
      • Typos get fixed by resource owner
      • Typos get fixed by anyone who sees them. It must be logged in the tracker and triaged and the tracker must be updated after the fix.
    • Josh asks about a statement in the commit message for SVN to reference the tracker.
      • If the tracker number is included in the comment GForge will automatically link to the tracker. This should be added to the wiki; it was an svn post to the committers list. ACTION ITEM: Lloyd will document the format on the wiki for committers to understand.
    • RESOLUTION: After a tracker item has been triaged, anyone is allowed to fix things in triage as typos or tooling corrections without special approval to coordinate the fix. After the fix and they commit they must identify the tracker ID in the proper format to establish the linkage and then close the tracker item.
  • Discussion of process to approve tooling enhancements
    • They want color version and a plain JSON. That is not a fix, it's an enhancement.
    • What should be the process for determining what changes get made to FHIR tooling.
    • Grahame asks what the purpose/ background of the issue.
    • Brian notes there are existing PSSes for ES and Tooling on development of support for FHIR. There should be a discussion with Andy. Lloyd notes that Tooling WG has not had involvement in publication of FHIR so far.
    • Lorraine notes that there is a chance that Tooling and ES may merge.
    • Lloyd thinks the governance process resides with Publishing and not Tooling on this issue. Who determines what is in the FHIR publication. FMG has typically had that in their scope. Brian notes that this might change down the road. Paul notes that publication on FHIR is different that they are responsible for their publication not HQ.
    • Grahame clarifies the conversation about publication is different than that of tooling enhancement. The tool needs enhancement for separating out the packages and other technical details. Publication changes like background color are non substantive. He notes that tooling changes almost daily Grahame feels.
    • How the tooling supports publication of what we have now is tooling. Changes to the content that get published is a tooling change. Those changes should not require FMG approval.
    • If publication tooling changes and doesn't change the specification why does it require approval? It's a matter of risk if the core team is unavailable to support the tooling in its changed state.
    • Who can publish now? Ewout and Grahame know how; Lloyd also has permissions. What about institutionally supporting the process. Grahame notes that Mike Kingery had done it once but he doesn't know if he has transferred that knowledge to someone else.
    • Paul notes that governance manages the process as well as protects the individuals who are performing the process.
    • Grahame notes that FMG process is obstructive now and he's waiting for things. He's waiting to get an update to the DSTU posted but it's been stuck. He wanted a new version out before the connectathon. A specific change to make for security was not approved. A note in the security section, changes to reference implementations for security best practices. Three of the four reference implementations had implemented the security change and he cannot proceed until they are all ready.
    • As an example of the tooling enhancements; going from Java to C# or vice versa.
    • Need to allow the security changes, reference implementation changes and a new version number change from 0.80-22106 to 0.0.81-23nnn (formal major version number dot minor version number) - discussion of version numbers ensued. Paul notes that we just need to address adding the formal version number in front of their existing version as a separate issue so that TSC can take them apart.
    • Motion: Paul moves to approve publication request as drafted reserving discretion for TSC to remove the version number request. David seconds. Unanimously approved.

Defer remainder of agenda; take up on Friday or a following call.

Adjourned 1:39 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items
  • PSS for SDC, others?
  • HL7 Conformance testing?


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.