20140423 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2014-0423
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: David Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x David Hay Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Ron Parker, FGB Chair x John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
Hans Buitendijk Lorraine Constable x Paul Knapp x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x Hugh Glover x Josh Mandel John Moehrke Austin Kreisler
x Brian Pech .

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20140416_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Need a policy for which old releases we wish to host live, e.g. when the next DSTU full release is provided will the DSTU R1.0 still be available
      • Andy will take a look at the security fix on the objective C reference implementation
      • David will check with those that supplied the javascript code as well as with the server side javascript problems in the DSTU build to ensure it has the security fix.
  • discussion about relationship between PSSs and balloting. When do committees ballot under their own PSSs vs. FMG's
  • who should be on the list (Skype chat)
    • Can we do an RSS feed to reflect the contents of the skype chat in near-real time - maybe use Josh's bot?
  • Reports
  • Process management
    • Publication of DSTU fixes
    • Ballot content review and QA process FHIR QA Guidelines
    • proposed to invite Ken McCaslin for process overview
    • Ballot Planning
      • Still need to finish review on QA guidelines. FHIR DSTU monitoring and FHIR Ballot Prep - please review for next week and plan to complete review and get guidelines to WGs before the WGM.
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

David convenes at 1:13

  • Agenda Check - Paul moves and Brian seconds; unanimously approved.
  • Minutes from 20140416_FMG_concall Brian moves and Josh seconds approval; Hugh abstains; 3/0/1
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Need a policy for which old releases we wish to host live, e.g. when the next DSTU full release is provided will the DSTU R1.0 still be available -
        • Paul suggests that any version still in play to keep live for access. All dot-releases during DSTU should be referable. It's not an I/O thing it's a storage thing. So all releases during DSTU until a normative is produced. Take down a site only upon active decision to take it down. David notes we need a forward pointer if a newer version
        • Hugh notes that some changes between releases are so small it's not worth keeping. Point releases, for example. Also need to address if a version no longer has a server running that version do we need to keep the version? FHIR is not just about RESTful stuff and the server is only about the RESTful stuff notes Paul.
        • Brian notes that the T3SD call discussed ES and Tooling merging due to lack of resources and bandwidth, as infrastructure committees related to FHIR. They've hired two web folks, Viji and Laura. Mike Kingery had previously suggested an RFP process for developing solutions for FHIR support needs and that needs work. Paul notes that those currently supporting servers should not be required to do so. Keep point releases live unless there is a need to take them down, and add to infrastructure hosting requirements. When someone refers back to a bookmark to an older version you need to be able to point them forward to the most current version.
      • Andy will take a look at the security fix on the objective C reference implementation - Paul has not heard back from him since he returned
      • David will check with those that supplied the javascript code as well as with the server side javascript problems in the DSTU build to ensure it has the security fix. Not done
  • Discussion about relationship between PSSs and balloting. When do committees ballot under their own PSSs vs. FMG's
    • Similar to V2, many work groups contribute to FHIR but it's not balloted by that WG. More of a WGH issue for credit on balloting - Paul suggests it be punted to the TSC. Both the "credit" for ballots and "penalties" for untimely publishing of amalgamated ballots. Paul will take it to the TSC.
  • who should be on the list (Skype chat)
    • Can we do an RSS feed to reflect the contents of the skype chat in near-real time - maybe use Josh's bot? Josh notes that the community needs to know that the chats are becoming public; defer discussion to next week.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian) no
    • FGB – working on precepts
    • MnM – Lloyd not in attendance
    • FMG Liaisons – Paul notes the US Realm Task Force regarding an S&I/ONC initiative for clinical models in FHIR; which groups should be involved in that? They will be presenting content next week to better evaluate where to go. This may be addressed Monday morning in Phoenix. It may be viewed as an opportunity to extend our methodology.
  • Process management
    • Ballot content review and QA process FHIR QA Guidelines
      • Precept would prohibit inclusion of content for comment-only (strike 'completely')
      • check with Lloyd on definition/description of "sid"
      • must all properties have RIM mappings?
      • David asks is it reasonable to expect the build to run with no warnings? Are there categorizations of the existing warnings? Is it the build process asks Hugh? Maybe set it as a goal instead of ensure?
      • Being at time, continue review offline.
  • David cannot meet next week. Brian cannot. The rest will meet.

Adjourned 2:02 PM


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20140430 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.