20140416 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/279790597

(voice and screen)

Date: 2014-04-16
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: David Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
Lorraine Constable x Paul Knapp x John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
Hugh Glover x Josh Mandel x Brian Pech Austin Kreisler
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20140409_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Brian and David are asked to check in with Grahame to see what coordination he'd like from FMG to set up the open source connectathon
      • Need a policy for which old releases we wish to host live, e.g. when the next DSTU full release is provided will the DSTU R1.0 still be available
  • Reports
    • DSTU Update publication changed to errata needing only CTO approval
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
    • FGB
    • MnM –
    • FMG Liaisons
  • Precepts
    • FGB Precept: it should be clear to a reader the distinction between and the normative portions of the specification material and related information such as reference implementations. The FMG would then establish the manner in which it is done.
  • Process management
    • proposed to invite Ken McCaslin for process overview
    • Ballot Planning
      • September QA, may expect from ONC some implementation guides on questionnaire and CDS quality reporting that may involve changes to the FHIR spec - how to proceed
    • Ballot content review and QA process FHIR QA Guidelines
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

David convenes at 1:06PM

  • Agenda Check - add discussion on who should be on the list; Lloyd moves approval of agenda - Josh adds discussion on the JSON bundles in examples; accepted and seconded by Josh. Unanimously approved.
  • Minutes from 20140409_FMG_concall Lloyd moves and Paul seconds approval; John abstains, passes 5/0/1
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Brian and David are asked to check in with Grahame to see what coordination he'd like from FMG to set up the open source connectathon; David did and Grahame will ask for help when he needs it.
      • Need a policy for which old releases we wish to host live, e.g. when the next DSTU full release is provided will the DSTU R1.0 still be available. Lloyd notes they need someone to do the security fix on the objective C reference implementation - Andy volunteered to take a look. Josh adds that server side javascript problems in the DSTU build also need to be fixed. David will check with those that supplied the javascript code to ensure it has the security fix. Lloyd also pinged Andy.
  • Reports
    • DSTU Update publication changed to errata needing only CTO approval - informative
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian) He recounts Lillian's count of 25 so far.
      • Lloyd asks David to email the registrants with information.
    • FGB – they are still looking at adding Catherine Hoang from VA on provider - out for online vote. Still working on precepts and suggestion that FMG chat with Ken McCaslin to improve his comfort level with FMG processes.
    • MnM – no report
    • FMG Liaisons – attendees of the various sessions are assigned.
      • John notes that IHE and they are doing PDQ using FHIR and will have something to share at the WGM. Mobile Health documents supplement is also proceeding at a slower pace.
      • Paul notes that FM has stuff to be reviewed at the WGM
  • Precepts
    • FGB Precept: it should be clear to a reader the distinction between the normative portions of the specification material and related information such as reference implementations. The FMG would then establish the manner in which it is done.
      • This was proposed on the last call, and FGB is pushing the "how" it will be done. These changes would need to be made to the online spec as described by Grahame on the FGB call " History page, the front page and the reference implementations generally constitute the related material but the discussion page at the bottom should be explicitly called out".
      • Do we proceed and if so how to promote them to the spec. What spot do we put them in and how to make them obvious to readers. Paul adds we need to clarify separate locations if needed. Header and footer changes will have to be addressed; will it be a new section on each resource page? Josh thought only the examples and reference implementations were out of ballot. Support links also, notes Paul. Need a place that defines what is in, and what is out, and a markup key, and then apply the markup to the spec. Perhaps below the search link? It could also go on the downloads page. What about validation, translation, or schema? Discussion ensued on Schema inclusion as compared to the java reference implementation that produces the build. Schema and schematron will be included as draft normative material and explicitly state reference implementation is not. Addressing links that resolve outside of the FHIR spec. Lloyd also doesn't feel this is time-critical but can be added to the next release. Need to do so on the front page and the downloads but propagating through the material may not be immediate. How to flag the user when they follow a link that takes them off the spec, can't restrict to HL7.org domain when they don't host all the sites. Should we proceed with the explanatory stuff on the front page and determine later what else should be done. Motion: Need to add this to the scope of the next release, as moved by Lloyd to include text on front page for what is normative and non-normative. Josh asks if the front page is not part of the normative spec, and the statement needs to be on the normative material, where to put it? A separate page needs to also be created. Amendment accepted by Lloyd and seconded by Paul. Unanimously approved.
  • Process management
    • proposed to invite Ken McCaslin for process overview
      • concerns on the latest release, publication not going through HQ, as well as reconciliation process (e.g. google spreadsheet). Lloyd will extend the invitation to join a call as there may not be time at the WGM.
    • Publication of DSTU fixes
    • Ballot Planning
      • September QA, may expect from ONC some implementation guides on questionnaire and CDS quality reporting that may involve changes to the FHIR spec - how to proceed
        • Still need to finish review on QA guidelines. He has a couple wiki pages to describe what the WGs need to do and instructions to subscription to monitoring. FHIR DSTU monitoring and FHIR Ballot Prep - please review for next week and plan to complete review and get guidelines to WGs before the WGM. Paul recommends describing this to the cochairs at the Monday night meeting.
      • who should be on the list (Skype chat) currently separate but should FGB be welcome to be part of the FMG chat if they wish. Lloyd voices concern over loss of boundaries between governance and management, and transparency and openness concerns over skype channel and listserv. We don't make decisions on the list though we can have email votes. We should add Woody and Dave to the skype list as they are the FGB cochairs now.
        • Can we do an RSS feed to reflect the contents of the skype chat in near-real time - maybe use Josh's bot? Discuss more next week.
    • Brian notes HQ hired for web developer Laura, and webmaster Viji.

Being at time adjourned 2:00 PM

  • Review next week


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20140423 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.