20140409 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location:
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

(voice and screen)

Date: 2014-04-09
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Lloyd Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio x Woody Beeler , FGB Chair x John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Paul Knapp regrets John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x Hugh Glover x Josh Mandel x Brian Pech Austin Kreisler
x David Hay

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20140402_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
    • Membership nomination / recruitment
      • Evaluate all the candidate submissions
    • Grahame's Open Source Connectathon
    • Incremental Release of FHIR
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
    • FGB
    • MnM –
    • FHIR Quality Criteria
      • Resolve open issues
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

  • Roll Call -
  • Agenda Check; add quality criteria and wiki page review. David moves approval as amended, second by Brian; unanimously approved
  • Minutes from 20140402_FMG_concall Motion: Brian moves and David seconds approval; unanimously approved
  • Administrative
    • Action items
    • Membership nomination / recruitment
      • Evaluate all the candidate submissions - Hans is willing to serve and the call time works for him. The other two were Gil and JD Nolen. Motion: Paul moves we nominate all three with Hans as the recommended candidate and forward the names to FGB/TSC, seconded by David. Unanimously approved
    • Grahame's Open Source Connectathon - nothing to do this week, passed a motion last week. Now it's in HQ's hands. Brian and David are asked to check in with Grahame to see what coordination he'd like from FMG to set that up. Paul notes a concern with keeping a connectathon site available for some lengthy period after. Lloyd notes that they will maintain all official connectathon links for some time. They have a need communicated to HQ for connectathon site, DSTU site, live development site. A staging site is also needed. Current strategies and approaches to staging discussed. They currently have a development site and a daily build site. Even if you freeze development for a while you can still go out and look at it.
      • Need a policy for which old releases we wish to host live, e.g. when the next DSTU full release is provided will the DSTU R1.0 still be available.
      • Webmaster availability will be in question with Mike leaving, which will affect ES ability to progress the support project.
    • Incremental Release of FHIR; need to approve a publication request. Three changes happened - hyperlinks in history page to past releases, adding a landing page including a video from HIMSS and updates to reference implementations for bug fixes (not the JSON bundle). The typo stuff was not included. Paul moves the FMG recommend to the TSC that they don't roll back, seconded by David. Paul further asks if there are further due diligence steps needed. They still want to add reference implementation documentation and typos. Some clarification on naming dot release for DSTU update versus technical correction is needed.
      • Josh arrives
      • Lloyd seeks motions on approval of a pub request for the DSTU update already pushed out, and approval to open review period for the additional changes. Approaches to merging changes, update of DSTU site and branches, and change logs discussed.
      • Motion: Paul moves to approve the publication request, seconded by David. Unanimously approved. Lynn has drafted a publication request form and will send to Lloyd.
      • Motion: Another new release preparation for security and risk information, change to reference implementations generating ATOM feeds, etc. is needed. Lloyd recommends exclusion of typos from the release until the release management discussion has progressed further. Paul so moves and David seconds. Lynn asks how it will be reviewed - they will publish to a staging environment, e.g. FHIR-dev or another location. Paul notes that version numbering will need to be addressed prior to its publication. It needs to be in concert with the TSC recommended DSTU update process, even if it means recommending change to the existing process. Unanimously approved.


Remainder of discussion deferred to next week, and adjourned at 2:00 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • Brian and David are asked to check in with Grahame to see what coordination he'd like from FMG to set up the open source connectathon
  • Need a policy for which old releases we wish to host live, e.g. when the next DSTU full release is provided will the DSTU R1.0 still be available
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20140416_FMG_concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.