20140326 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2014-03-26
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Lloyd Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes
Co chairs x David Hay x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
regrets Lorraine Constable x Paul Knapp x John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x David Hay x Josh Mandel x Brian Pech Austin Kreisler
x Hugh Glover .

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20140319_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • John and Grahame. draft process and guidelines on FHIR HL7/OpenEHR "Community of Interest" proposal
    • FMG Co-Chair election results
  • Help Desk: FAQ and KB review results
  • FHIR project approval:
    • Education: Request for FMG to sponsor project on FHIR Workshop with Education (Melva)
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
    • FGB
      • Membership appointments/update
    • MnM –
    • FMG Liaisons
      • Tracking lists for WGs to monitor content and assigned resource development
      • What should the process be to triage the change tracking log
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

Lloyd convenes at 1:05PM

  • Agenda Check - add to next week's agenda the expectations for work groups for tooling, etc. - Add as action item for Lloyd; add review of QA Quality Criteria; Paul adds the US Realm Task Force may also have an item. Amended agenda moved for approval by Paul seconds Hugh and unanimously approved.
  • Minutes from 20140319_FMG_concall; correction on minutes; Hugh had voted for FMG cochair. Hugh moves approval and seconded by Brian; unanimously approved.
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • John and Grahame. draft process and guidelines on FHIR HL7/OpenEHR "Community of Interest" proposal - Grahame responded this morning but still a work in progress. John will be unavailable the next two weeks.
    • FMG Co-Chair election results - David wins 4-3. Lynn will send out results.
  • Help Desk: FAQ and KB review results. David and Paul's review of full set of content had changes applied and Lloyd sent out.
  • David arrives.
  • FHIR project approval:
    • Education: Request for FMG to sponsor project on FHIR Workshop with Education (Melva) - postponed from last week and Lloyd has not yet spoken with Patrick further about this.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian) - no update
    • FGB
      • Membership appointments/update - Dave Shaver of Corepoint and Lorraine of FMG have been appointed to FGB. Provider candidate has not been responsive. Lloyd started a wiki page and FGB starting to develop precepts. Cochair elections are seeking nominations.
      • This leaves candidates JD Nolen and Gil Alterovitz available to FMG and a need to replace Lorraine. Brian asks if Austin would be interested; Paul will approach him. Lavanian of HL7 India had also shown interest but he has not demonstrated involvement since that time.
    • MnM – proposed quality criteria to review
    • FMG Liaisons
      • David noted Patient Care received a presentation last week.
      • Lloyd notes Genomics is progressing and discussing regularly on conference calls.
      • Josh needs orientation on what to do as a liaison for EHR, and AID etc. Engagement may be simply monitoring as they're not actively developing FHIR yet. Tracker cannot be filtered on resource but by WG. You cannot currently add the WG assignment at tracker creation.
  • US Realm TF: Paul notes the task force is trying to take on review of projects as an affiliate would to address where they should go within the organization.
    • S&I brought forward a new project yesterday and asked their direction. FHIR has been listed on a couple of their projects, e.g. EHR. US Realm may send things to FMG for consideration or send directly to WGs. If the US Realm TF routes something directly to a WG does FMG want a heads-up? Lloyd thinks so.
    • The other project was a data access framework to formalize data access using FHIR. If it's messaging it might be InM, or a transport would be ITS, versus a search and query in REST. The project folks were suggested to attend the InM/ITS/FHIR joint session at the WGM. Just to let the FMG know that the US Realm Task Force is working out some processes.
    • Further discussion resulted on the efforts of the US Realm Task Force and the S&I planned efforts.
      • Tracking lists for WGs to monitor content and assigned resource development
      • What should the process be to triage the change tracking log
  • DSTU QA criteria: Lloyd has to leave and passes gavel to David to review with the group
    • Code sets including null and "Other" in 4.d discussed. Extensions are recommended for these 'other' situations outside the code sets. Recommendation is to use a code set that contains the code desired. Need clarity on methodology in selecting a datatype and then a code set and choosing items in that code set. Correct handling of nulls and the correct handling of "other" need separate attention notes Hugh. David will take this discussion back to Lloyd to work on and review on next week's call.


Adjourned 2:02 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • David will take the DSTU QA Criteria 4d code sets null and other back to Lloyd to work on and review on next week's call.
  • Paul will approach Austin on candidacy for FMG.
  • Lloyd to draft expectations for work groups for tooling
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20140402 FMG concall

  • Lynn offers regrets


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.