20140312 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2014-03-12
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Hugh Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x Hugh Glover regrets Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable Paul Knapp John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x David Hay x Josh Mandel x Brian Pech x Austin Kreisler
x Rick Haddorff

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20140305_FMG_concall
  • FHIR use of SAIF governance precepts (Haddorff - 15 minutes)
  • FHIR project approval:
    • Education: Request for FMG to sponsor project on FHIR Workshop with Education (Melva)
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Lynn will forward link to profile tool once received from Furore (not yet received)
      • David volunteered to draft connectathon scenarios
      • John and Grahame. draft process and guidelines on FHIR HL7/OpenEHR "Community of Interest" proposal
  • Help Desk: FAQ and KB review results
  • Review FHIR Position Statement from 20140218_FGB_concall for endorsement and send to HL7 BOD
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
    • FGB
      • Membership/appointments update
    • MnM –
    • FMG Liaisons
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

Hugh convenes 1:06 PM

  • Agenda Check - need to change the recurring concall coordinates to reflect use of GTM for voice. Lorraine adds that PC wants to do an updated FHIR PSS for nutrition resources and we need to update the PSS template for FHIR. Need to review FHIR PSS to see if its scope includes DSTU update phase.
  • Minutes from 20140305_FMG_concall David moves and Josh seconds approval; Lorraine abstains; passes 3/0/1
  • FHIR use of SAIF governance precepts (Haddorff - 15 minutes)
    • Rick describes the activities in wrapup of the SAIF AP and gleaning lessons learned.
    • Lorraine notes the FMG has worked well for daily management though has taken on some upward management tasks that might be the FGB but could be due to the problems with FGB membership.
    • Brian notes clearly delineated separation of governance vs management could have been better.
    • Hugh agrees and notes that Lloyd is involved in so many things and so testing this structure we have not revealed gaps that might exist were Lloyd not covering over so many areas. He would support this structure used in other areas of the org.
    • Lorraine notes that switching hats is hard to remember sometimes and some hats are harder to put on. Austin responds that some of it is by design e.g. FMG cochairs now members of FGB but there are other areas where it could be concealing problems.
    • David adds that it could be an issue of resourcing if you add these into other product areas. Lorraine notes there may not be a management group or governance board for every product line. David notes the governance board may not need to meet as often as a management group either.
    • David notes FGB has not provided the precepts the FMG needed in over a year so that may not reflect well on how well that model works. Lorraine adds that an evaluation of governance board usefulness has challenges in the gaps in the resourcing of the governance board. The jury's out. The principles were right but need to exercise it more.
    • Lorraine reports that the original scope statement for FHIR stated that we would produce a SAIF IG for FHIR.
    • Austin notes that once they provide the report on the SAIF AP wrapup the TSC may have guidance on how that should proceed. DSTU feedback in updates to the SAIF CD may also be warranted notes Lorraine. Austin adds that this lines up well with what they learned from the governance and MnM groups and thanks the group for their time.
  • FHIR project approval:
    • Education: Request for FMG to sponsor project on FHIR Workshop with Education (Melva)
      • Lorraine notes that she wasn't aware she was included on this PSS. It may be a copy artifact from the V2.x work shop.
      • Lorraine notes that the Education WG may need to be the primary sponsor as FMG cannot sponsor not being a WG.
      • Hugh observes that FHIR has adequate interest for this proposal to be appropriate. On the other hand, the connectathons have been operating without any PSS. Will a formal project stymie what they've been doing already? Free and open nature is at issue where the standard is open and presentation material but tutorials are not; what will this be. That balance will need to be carefully addressed.
      • Invite Melva to discuss further next week.
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Lynn will forward link to profile tool once received from Furore (not yet received)
      • David volunteered to draft connectathon scenarios; he has drafted and Lloyd has edited FHIR Connectathon 6
        • Josh asks how one knows if a template is a questionnaire when you query; it's in the status but not specific
      • John and Grahame. draft process and guidelines on FHIR HL7/OpenEHR "Community of Interest" proposal - postpone
  • Help Desk: FAQ and KB review results; some review received on questions and they are incorporating feedback; further feedback needed by Friday. Next week there will be KB content out for review
  • Review FHIR Position Statement from 20140218_FGB_concall for endorsement and send to HL7 BOD. Minor edits identified. Future of V3 messaging needs something more descriptive. Elaboration of the meaning of DSTU and connectathon might be warranted. Bring back to next week's agenda for further review.
  • Reports
    • Connectathon management (David/Brian) - no further report
    • FGB
      • Membership/appointments update - Josh moves we close the nominations and hold the email election seconded by Brian; unanimously approved. FMG cochair nominations David and Brian; send out an email for election with responses to Lynn by next Tuesday.
  • PSS Template update - Lorraine has to leave the call. Postpone

Adjourned 1:56 PM EDT

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20140319_FMG_concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.