20140305 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2014-03-05
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Lloyd Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs regrets Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio x Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
GTM Lorraine Constable x Paul Knapp x John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x David Hay x Josh Mandel x Brian Pech Austin Kreisler
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from 20140226_FMG_concall
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Lynn will forward link to profile tool once received from Furore (not yet received)
      • David volunteered to draft connectathon scenarios
  • FAQ and KB review results
  • FHIR HL7/OpenEHR "Community of Interest" proposal from Grahame
  • Reports
  • Schedule upcoming agenda discussion on FHIR use of SAIF governance precepts
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

Lloyd convenes at 1:03 PM

  • Agenda Check; Brian/David move approval; unanimously approved.
  • Minutes from 20140226_FMG_concall Brian /John move approval; Josh abstains - approved 6/0/1.
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Lynn will forward link to profile tool once received from Furore (not yet received)
      • David volunteered to draft connectathon scenarios - he will upload a draft today.
  • FGB report - process for evaluating potential new members was identified, and interviews over the next week with the candidates. They also ratified the existing composition.
  • FAQ and KB review results
    • John and David have reviewed. Others will review by Friday.
    • John comments that there are so many FAQs you need some navigation. Some subsections would be helpful to be internet reference-able. Discussion on membership access to the help desk ensued. Candidate set of Knowledge Based Articles do not yet have content. 80% rule and its application to content and articles discussed as compared to resources and extensions. David suggests a community forum. FAQ review will next focus on that perspective notes Lloyd and he will circulate to see if it is better received.
  • FHIR HL7/OpenEHR "Community of Interest" proposal from Grahame
    • (By Grahame)at HIMSS, I had quite a bit of engagement with both PC co-chairs and openEHR people, a very long breakfast discussion with Tom Beale and Hugh Leslie. As part of this, we created a plan. The plan basically goes like this:
      for each of the clinical resources (or small groups of them) we'll create a community of interest. that community will include HL7 members, and openEHR stakeholders, and anyone else who's interested. (probably a google group or something for the community)
      the group will do:
      • joint reviews of FHIR resources and openEHR archetypes
      • maintain ongoing discussions about the resources and their usage
      • 2nd level triage of substantiative ballot comments against the resoruces
      (review probably performed through CKM - I have to look into this)
    • Will be discussed at FGB as well. Ron notes the issues of transparency and visibility. Pointers to the google groups from the spec or the wiki as well as reconciliation discussion and voting would still occur in the Work Groups. Lloyd discusses some concerns in managing WG participation and the HL7 IP value proposition if participation is delegated outside HL7 in these groups. Brian recalls the OpenEHR process in relation to this proposal and discussion on the benefits and approaches of external clinical engagement ensued. Precedent in IHE and DICOM relationships. Next steps on process and guidelines to be drafted by John and Grahame. We should socialize this in May on the Monday night meeting, and awareness by the TSC. Brian mentions that CIMI interaction may need to be considered though it's at a different level of granularity.
  • Membership: others interested in cochairship please let him know.

Being at time, adjourned 2:01 PM

Roll to next week:

  • Reports
  • Schedule upcoming agenda discussion on FHIR use of SAIF governance precepts


Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.