20140226 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2014-02-26
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes
Co chairs x Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Ron Parker, FGB Chair regrets John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
regrets Lorraine Constable x Paul Knapp x John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x David Hay regrets Josh Mandel x Brian Pech
. Abel Enthoven Furore

Agenda

Minutes

  • Roll Call; Hugh convenes at 1:10 PM
  • Agenda Check - add FHIR Profile Tool demo (Furore developer)
  • Minutes from 20140219_FMG_concall Brian moves approval seconded by John. Approved 3/0/1 abstain by David
  • Minutes from 20140212 FMG concall; Paul moves and Brian seconds; Approved 3/0/1 abstain by David
  • Lloyd arrives
  • FHIR Profile Tool demo (Abel Enthoven, Furore developer) 20 mins
    • Abel demonstrates Forge (version 0.9) editor to edit XML version of a FHIR profile.
    • Brian asks about availability; it is available now. The URL link is difficult; Abel can ask Rob to send it in an email. Lynn offers her email.
  • Connectathon management (David/Brian)
    • Theme proposed is questionnaire; focus on a couple of ONC questionnaire scenarios - download a blank questionnaire, autopopulating from existing data, and sending. Need to get their content anticipated in August. ACTION ITEM: David volunteers to draft the scenarios.
    • Format: levels of participation. Track 1 is still patient, track 2 is primary focus (i.e. questionnaire), track 3 is customer ad-hoc and experimental.
  • Request for reviewing/approving the FAQs/KBs for FHIR (50 FAQs / 25 KBs) (Reviewer/Approver: FMG) during the following timeframes:
    • Week of February 17, 2014:Work Groups Review/Approve: First set of questions (FAQ)
    • Week of March 3, 2014: Work Groups Review/Approve: Second set of questions (FAQ), first set of answers, first set of KB articles
    • Week of March 17, 2014: Work Groups Review/Approve: Final FAQs including all referenced resources, final KB articles
    • Feedback from four people in total. Lorraine was tiebreaker on a few Brian David Paul and Josh contributing votes. Draft set of FAQs to be delivered Friday the 28th for review next week and all feedback to be received a week from Friday.
  • Policy and Governance Recommendations for Publishing, Tooling and Electronic Services Support for FHIR draft recommendations for FGB in defining governance precepts (Brian, Lorraine, Paul) and Lloyd's update - may be some updates needed to the GOM.
    • Paul's draft on WG responsibilities
    • FHIR WG proposal revisited - what is the position of the FMG. Lloyd recaps that we don't have a WG for V2 or V3; the one that is for CDA causes problems. Core team work should eventually be taken over by an existing WG e.g. MnM, ITS, CGIT. Coordination aspect lives with FMG. Paul notes that there is a core functionality that is predominantly methodological, and needs to 'live' somewhere. The WG responsible for the core functionality of FHIR is what is referred to in the document. Lloyd feels profiles should be handled by CGIT in terms of "what a profile is"; Paul suggests Templates. ITS is responsible for REST format, etc. MnM might hold the prior 'core team' functions. The document on which WG is responsible for each function should be hosted on the wiki.
    • This may require change to the GOM to allow FMG to conduct the balloting of the FHIR spec as "not a work group". We need to see how the BAM evolves for the product family structure.
    • The draft structure and division of responsibilities needs to be addressed by FGB. While it is in their mandate to develop precepts, they have had challenges advancing their work. Need also to identify what the Publishing WG's role is with respect to FHIR. Ideally FGB would determine everyone's roles and FMG moves that forward. TSC determination of roles with the new product line structure will be ultimate authority.
  • Hugh notes that he cannot devote adequate time to cochair FMG but is willing to continue to serve and will inform John Quinn of this. Paul thanks him for his contributions.

Adjourned 1:59 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
  • David volunteers to draft the scenarios.
  • Lynn will forward link to profile tool once received from Furore
  • session recorded for others to view the demo
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items

20140305 FMG concall


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.