20140129 FMG concall

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
HL7 TSC FMG Meeting Minutes

Location: call 770-657-9270 using code 985371#
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/450662277

Date: 2014-01-29
Time: 1:00 PM U.S. Eastern
Chair: Lloyd Note taker(s): Lynn
Quorum = chair + 4 yes/no
Co chairs x Hugh Glover x Lloyd McKenzie
ex-officio Ron Parker, FGB Chair . John Quinn, CTO
Members Members Members Observers/Guests
x Lorraine Constable regrets Paul Knapp regrets John Moehrke x Lynn Laakso, scribe
x David Hay 2nd half Josh Mandel x Brian Pech x Austin Kreisler
.

Agenda

  • Roll Call
  • Agenda Check
  • Minutes from FHIR_Agenda-201401_WGM
  • Administrative
    • Action items
      • Ewout will draft something for FMG call on Wednesday to establish who the implementers of the DSTU are.
      • Core group: will update ReadMe to ask people to register implementers
      • Ewout will arrange presentation to FMG for Feb 5th for profiling tool
      • Lloyd will ensure there is only one GFOrge tracker
      • Lloyd will report on Cecil's progress on OID update
      • Hugh draft eMail to steering divisions to solicit candidates
      • Hugh will see proposals for profiles reviewed by FMG Published as part of standard or as separate document
  • Reports
  • Metrics
  • Process management
  • AOB (Any Other Business)

Minutes

After discussion of everyone's travel trials due to weather Lloyd convened at 1:08 PM

  • Agenda Check - Lloyd adds fixes to observation resource and ramifications; Austin adds the TSC discussion topic on readiness for publication, Hugh has proposals for profiles. Lorraine has a topic to discuss with liaison responsibilities.
  • Minutes from FHIR_Agenda-201401_WGM
  • Readiness to publish: Austin shares concerns from TSC on request for publication before the content is ready/ locked down. This is not the case with FHIR; so there may not be approval by the TSC. Their target date of January 31 was not included in the publication request material. In rare cases the TSC has authorized the CTO and TSC Chair to approve publication once the material is ready. Lloyd will follow up with Ken.
  • Administrative
    • Action items from WGM
      • Ewout will draft something for FMG call on Wednesday to establish who the implementers of the DSTU are. Ewout has created a survey for the DSTU intro text, reviewed on the call. David suggests we ask about the organization's existing use of HL7 standards. Lloyd suggests a follow up survey on why did you choose to use FHIR, etc. To that end, #6 may be too detailed. May wish to include an open ended question on any other details they would like to provide. Another distinction is with using it for internal prototyping or pilot implementations vs full implementations. Lorraine moves approval of the survey with the edits, seconded by Brian; unanimously approved.
      • Core group: will update ReadMe to ask people to register implementers; Lloyd will add the above link
      • Ewout will arrange presentation to FMG for Feb 5th for profiling tool - Ewout has talked about Rob about presenting the profiling tool, for Feb 12th FMG call instead. David will not be available the 5th or 12th. Lynn can record the GTM if we all use the GTM call features; Brian can't be on the call on the 5th either.
      • Lloyd will ensure there is only one GForge tracker; he has reduced the number of GForge trackers and they are being used.
      • Lloyd will report on Cecil's progress on OID update; this will take a couple months.
      • Hugh draft eMail to steering divisions to solicit candidates - email draft reviewed, updated, and re-sent to FMG and FGB lists.
      • Hugh will see proposals for profiles reviewed by FMG Published as part of standard or as separate document - defer to next week
  • Issue
    • Fixes to observation resource and ramifications; initial design allowed for multiple observation components e.g. BP systolic and diastolic observations as distinct observations as a use case. Removing "components" was discussed without Grahame's input. Lorraine notes they were tasked with following up with Grahame and reporting back. The proposed fix brings component back to observation as a reference to other observations rather than a nested name/value pair. Secondly it removes the group structure or nesting in diagnostic report.
      1. Add a relatedObservation element with two sub-elements: type (code) and target (Resource(Observation))
      2. code would be: component, derived from, follows, grouped
      3. Remove "resultGroup" from DiagnosticReport and just have 0..* result, with the understanding that those Observations might group other observations.
    • Micro sensitivity panel has one observation as panel, multiple component observations with relatedObservation element that have the sensitivities.
    • It's a better solution than using 'list' for things like BP, unlike APGAR score with component observations of color and cry. It's a step in the right direction though it doesn't complete a solution but provides an alternative like DiagnosticReport. David asks what the datatype will be? Clinical Concept, not "code" and cardinality 0..1. Related item type is 1..1 on Condition, but 0..1 in Procedure
    • OO has not yet reviewed but Lorraine and Patrick as content editors for OO agreed.
    • David moves support for going to DSTU with this correction; Lorraine wants to ensure OO reviews this in committee with implementation experience and tweak. Josh abstains, passes 4/0/1

Adjourned 1:59 PM

Next Steps

Actions (Include Owner, Action Item, and due date)
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Back to FHIR_Management_Group

© 2014 Health Level Seven® International

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.