2012-03-15 Tooling Call

From HL7Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Tooling Meeting Template

Meeting Information

HL7 Tooling Meeting Agenda/Minutes

Location: Phone: +1 770-657-9270;
Participant PassCode:586935#
GoToMeeting URL:
https://www1.gotomeeting.com/join/699884034

Date: 2012-03-15
Time: 10:00 am EDT
Facilitator: Jane Curry Note taker(s): Lynn Laakso
Attendee Name, Affiliation
Stacey Berger, COH
regrets Woody Beeler, Beeler Consulting
x Wilfred Bonney, HL7 HQ
x Joshua Carmody, HL7 HQ Tooling Administrator
x Lorraine Constable, HL7 ES liaison
x Jane Curry, Co-Chair
DST mix-up Tim Ireland, Co-chair
x Lynn Laakso, HL7 HQ Tooling Support
Abdul-Malik Shakir, AMS Consulting
Lloyd McKenzie, HL7 Canada/GPi
regrets Rob Snelick, HL7 CGIT Liaison
regrets Corey Spears, HL7 EHR Liaison
x Andy Stechishin, Co-chair
Michael van der Zel, HL7 CGIT liaison
Quorum Requirements Met (co-chair plus 3 counting staff): yes

Agenda

Agenda Topics

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2012-03-08 Tooling Call
  • Review action items -
  • Update from Tooling Liaisons:
    • Stacy Berger, CIC
    • Lorraine Constable - Electronic Services
    • Jane Curry - Templates, HL7 Board, Open Health Tools
    • Rob Snelick - CGIT
      Rob sends regrets, but reports that we had an action item to create requirements for MWB updates.
    • Corey Spears sends regrets - EHR
    • Rene Spronk -Marketing
    • Andy Stechishin - Structured Documents, Vocabulary
    • Michael Van der Zel - Patient Care, RIMBAA
  • Review projects:
    • PI# 804 GForge alternative assessment
    • PI# 801 Tooling Strategy and Process Revision
    • PI# 803 Tooling DashBoard
    • PI# 802 Tooling Communication Plan and Execution
    • PI# 752 Publish CDA IGs from Tooling (Tooling co-sponsor)
    • PI# 742 Model Automated Exchange (MAX) for UML Models
    • PI# 690 HL7 Static Model Designer Enhancement 1 - ??
    • PI# 665 MIF based Publishing Phase II
    • PI# 611 Template Registry Pilot (Tooling co-sponsor)
  • Other/New Business



Supporting Documents

  1. Media:Tooling_HL7-OHT_HEART_Project_participation_PSS.doc

Minutes

Minutes/Conclusions Reached:
Call to order 10:06 AM EDT

  • Roll Call & Agenda Review
    • Jane to share a rough draft of the HEART project scope statement under new business
  • Approval of previous minutes from 2012-03-08 Tooling Call - Lynn moves and Andy seconds approval. Lorraine abstains. Approved 3/0/1.
  • Review action items -
    • 1453 - Andy will be defining some categories initially drafted in RIMBAA, hope to get those to Lynn for next week. ES owns Tools and Resources page so he'll work with Lorraine also to get something for their next call on Monday 3/19.
    • Jane has no progress to report on her items due to focus on HEART.
    • No update from Woody
    • Josh is working on the pilot of documentation this week.
  • Update from Tooling Liaisons:
    • Stacy Berger, CIC - Jane reports on behalf of MAX project that Stacy is likely to be lost to the project as a resource. Jane is meeting with CIC next week to discuss revisions to the scope of the project and funding for the project going forward.
    • Lorraine Constable - Electronic Services - Lorraine reports that Andy took an action item to identify overlap between projects, things like the scratchpad workspace, webinar training material for navigating ballot website. Jane asks if OID registry is on ES radar? Lorraine says no, that is coordinated between Ted K. of Vocab and Mike Kingery. Jane will discuss with Ted.
    • Jane Curry - Templates, HL7 Board, Open Health Tools -
      • Templates: tooling effort in templates is coordination with HEART to be discussed, also a Templates ITS for templates exchange between tools with Structured Docs WG. Andy also has follow up with MnM, and the project will be a sub project under the Templates project. He also reports they're developing budget and scope estimates for approval at the Vancouver meeting. MDHT and Trifolia exchange as a pilot implementation is demonstration of success.
      • Jane awaits emerging IP policy from the Board. EHR-S FM Functional Profiles are going to be available for free though HL7 retains IP.
      • OHT HEART project becoming a charter project. It has a link from OHT and request to get an ID from CollabNet. First iteration of prototype revealed this week under limited review. HL7 as early adopter for alpha release in November. Will know more on dates by end of month after meeting in Rwanda.
    • Rob Snelick - CGIT
      Rob sends regrets, but reports that we had an action item to create requirements for MWB updates. IP holder of the MWB (Pete Rontey) is retaining source code but has received requirements. Policy question remains on HL7 funding of updates of source code they have no access to. Andy reports that Grahame reached out to Pete regarding an escrow for the source code.
    • Corey Spears sends regrets - EHR; he will not be able to act as project lead for EHR profile designer. Looking to Michael van der Zel and others to identify new tooling liaison for EHR.
    • Rene Spronk -Marketing; no report
    • Andy Stechishin - Structured Documents, Vocabulary (structured documents see templates report above), and Andy has not attended a Vocab call only monitoring the list. Looking at an NLM tool for monitoring vocabulary changes and use in the harmonization process. Still looking for project plan and funding estimates.
    • Michael Van der Zel - Patient Care, RIMBAA
      • Andy adds that having attended the RIMBAA meeting there was not much from a Tooling standpoint. They are adopting OpenEHR and facing challenges in Sweden. Italian PHI group is making progress on their code generation environment. Coordination for activities in Vancouver suffered in Rene's absence. Jane notes that PHI is an OHT member and has some open source material. They are working a great deal in MIF but in R1. Jane asks if they have presentation materials on the RIMBAA wiki. Jane is wondering if they intend to keep current with updated releases of MIF. ACTION ITEM: Andy will ask that question to the RIMBAA list.
  • Review projects:
    • PI# 804 GForge alternative assessment
    • Tooling strategy discussions have not been documented but upcoming discussion with CIC will be incorporated.
    • Tooling Dashboard - wiki page has had no update. Dashboard projects on ES roadmap obtaining a new project facilitator.
    • 752 is on hold. Exchange taking priority over publishing.
    • 690 closed
    • 665 has outstanding documentation Andy hopes to get done over the weekend to get this off the book
    • 611 template registry will be closed by Templates.
  • New business
    • Jane to share a rough draft of the HEART project scope statement named "HL7 Participation in OHT HEART Project". Tooling as primary sponsor will take responsibility for coordinating activity from within HL7 including Templates and Publishing. Jane has created a wiki page at HL7-OHT HEART which contains most of the project scope. Jane will bring it back for review the first week in April

Adjourned 11:04 AM EDT

Meeting Outcomes

Actions
  • Andy will ask the question on whether PHI intends to keep current with updated releases of MIF to the RIMBAA list.
Next Meeting/Preliminary Agenda Items


Return to Tooling


© 2012 Health Level Seven® International. All rights reserved.

Copyright © Health Level Seven International ® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. The reproduction of this material in any form is strictly forbidden without the written permission of the publisher.